Conversion (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    OK. New rule: FoolishPleasure has to post something like this in every thread, for every episode from here on out. OK?
    Ditto for me! This is hilarious!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
      Ditto for me! This is hilarious!
      For me too¨! I was diying laugthing when I read it!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        OK. New rule: FoolishPleasure has to post something like this in every thread, for every episode from here on out. OK?
        Do I get paid?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          Do I get paid?
          You get paid the satisfaction of making us all laugh. And we'll love you forever and send you lots of cyber-hugs. And I'll throw in some cookies if necessary!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Do I get paid?
            What SnoggingPicard said.

Also, if anyone knows who originally posted that convo between Weir and Teyla... well the author of that post gets dibs for every ep as well.

Comment

In that final scene. Teyla asked John if he was
              Spoiler:
              back to his old self. I guess not. He said he was back to being 100% John Sheppard, but he didn't say yes to her question. I suspect he'll never be back to his old self.

I wonder if he'll bring this experience up when they meet with Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
                In that final scene. Teyla asked John if he was
                Spoiler:
                back to his old self. I guess not. He said he was back to being 100% John Sheppard, but he didn't say yes to her question. I suspect he'll never be back to his old self.

I wonder if he'll bring this experience up when they meet with Ford.
                Yes, he was very non-committal when he answered this question. I wonder if now he will be better able to connect and communicate with Ford, since he even mentioned to Weir that he better understood what their friend went through.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                  Yes, he was very non-committal when he answered this question. I wonder if now he will be better able to connect and communicate with Ford, since he even mentioned to Weir that he better understood what their friend went through.
                  It's left sort of open-ended, which is how it should be. THe situation can't just be brushed aside or solved in a one minute discussion.

Comment

People are passioniate about this episode.

It's the longest "Episode" thread this season.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                      I prefer non-buggy Shep, but once was fine as you got to see him go 'dark side'. However, the gray makeup made me thinking of a moldy orange I'd once had in the fridge...
                      This is off topic but I read the other week that you should never keep moldy oranges because they smell like heroin to sniffer dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                        I have to say, I think Joe was absolutely brilliant in that role. At last he got something to really stretch him, and he played all the emotions so well. Struggling with the inner animal that was taking over...it definitely ranks alongside Paul McGillion's acting in 'Poisoning the Well' for me...I hope it attracts the same level of recognition that did for Paul...
                        Yeah, Joe could be made into a full time cast member!

Oh hang on...

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          Oooh, oooh... are we talking about my favourite Stargate person...?

I am certainly in one accord with all the Sheppard adulation... There is no doubt in my mind that he is a type of antihero... that he wears masks and that emotionally he is largely inaccessible. He is, I believe, a very interesting contrast to Rodney, I think, who is completely transparent and whose life is an open book. The man has verbal diarrhoea. But we love him for it. Sheppard, on the other hand, is still an enigma. We don't know anything about the man inside of the uniform. We don't know yet what ultimately drives him to act the way he does. He reminds me of the lone gunman of the western that rides into town who does these heroic deeds at a very high price to himself and yet one doesn't get an inkling of who the man behind the gun is.
                          He's the conceptual anti-hero archetype with the hidden past. He has no mentor per se (no Gandalf figure) but lives his life by an inner code of ethics. Or I've been reading too much Joseph Campbell. Blame Joss.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                            Yeah, Joe could be made into a full time cast member!

Oh hang on...
                            ROFL! Funny...

I was, of course, refering to the award nominations that Paul picked up...

Be nice if Joe actually won one though...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                              ROFL! Funny...

I was, of course, refering to the award nominations that Paul picked up...

Be nice if Joe actually won one though...
                              Yeah, that would be splendid. I have the feeling that Epiphany might do it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                                Yeah, that would be splendid. I have the feeling that Epiphany might do it for him.
                                I honestly hadn't thought that far ahead...can't wait to see that one now...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Working...
                                X