Conversion (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Smacks forehead*

I forgot all about "The Defiant One." I love that episode! Seeing him take on the wraith mostly by himself was fantastic!

Can I call it a threeway tie?
    "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      Although I consider 38 Hours, Sheppard's 2nd best episode.
      lol ...38 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
        Thor and Hermiod need to get on top of that. Whip those Asgard butts into shape!
        Yeah, you're right. The Asgard do have skinny little butts

Comment

He always manages to get some awesome scenes and pull off some impeccable line delivery, but "Conversion" had that all the way through. We got to see Flannigan at the top of his game, and the other actors and actresses around him turned in great performances as well to reflect and support that. A+ for everyone!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            But that's part of what makes them so dang cute!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

This was Joe's best acting. I really liked 38 minutes, The Eye and The Defiant One. It's hard a hard call. I'll have to see which one I keep returning to in a month or two. Because Conversion is so fresh.

Before Conversion, it was Rising, The Eye, and The Defiant One. Didn't have 38 Minutes until after the marathon, but I'm also going back to that one.

With range of emotion, personality, this one really covers it for Joe. He had to do so much in it.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                Skinny GREY butts!

It just occurred to me, that of Shep's team. Shep had the least interaction with the Wraith girl until the end. While the others were working the serum, she was serving them tea, etc, Shep was in the village. He really never got to KNOW her.

Comment

Latest Joe Mallozzi/Martin Gero intercepted IM transcript:

JM: Marty, you see the Conversion thread @ GW?
                  MG: *shaking head* Hot fan convo.
                  JM: Ratings are gonna be smokin!
                  MG: What ice cream ya got?
                  JM: Cherry “Smooch”
                  MG: *ROTFL*
                  JM: Think Flanigan will do a relapse episode?
                  MG: No way, he had hives for a month w/the makeup
                  JM: Fans are picking up on a Weir/Caldwell thing.
                  MG: I’ve already done a hug and a kiss.
                  JM: Be creative.
                  MG: Weir/Caldwell tango dancing?
                  JM: Are they under alien influence or is it AU?
                  MG: I need another Scotch, then I’ll decide. *g*
                  JM: Uh, about the Ronon wink thing.
                  MG: I didn’t write that.
                  JM: We need to talk to Jason.
                  MG: We do? Actually thought it was cute.
                  JM: Didn’t you want a case of chocolate/caramel/almond ice cream?
                  MG: I’ll talk to Peter about Jason.
                  JM: Need to update my GW blog.
                  MG: Hint at Novak/McKay. *snicker*
                  JM: Ooooh, good one! *LOL*
                  MG: I actually have a few good ideas about that.
                  JM: Don’t go there Marty.
                  MG: Gotta go watch “Man w/Screaming Brain”
                  JM: Snurtch some ideas, k?.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

The best thing the TPTB did after developing Atlantis as a spin off was casting Joe Flanigan as their lead. Besides the fact that he is so easy on eyes .... he`s one helluva actor and it`s reflected in every scene he plays. Even in "Conversion" I think Weir & co had more screentime trying to save him but wow he was really great in those "buggy' moments. A lot of fans are pushing for Sheppard`s backstory but IMHO the peeling off of the Shep layers is mighty fascinating..Hey! after all there`s lotsa time for that , we`re only in S2. BTW point of post...yeah "Conversion" was Joe`s best episode after "The Eye"

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
                    - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Shepperd's never looked so thunky

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        Latest Joe Mallozzi/Martin Gero intercepted IM transcript:

JM: Marty, you see the Conversion thread @ GW?
                        MG: *shaking head* Hot fan convo.
                        JM: Ratings are gonna be smokin!
                        MG: What ice cream ya got?
                        JM: Cherry “Smooch”
                        MG: *ROTFL*
                        JM: Think Flanigan will do a relapse episode?
                        MG: No way, he had hives for a month w/the makeup
                        JM: Fans are picking up on a Weir/Caldwell thing.
                        MG: I’ve already done a hug and a kiss.
                        JM: Be creative.
                        MG: Weir/Caldwell tango dancing?
                        JM: Are they under alien influence or is it AU?
                        MG: I need another Scotch, then I’ll decide. *g*
                        JM: Uh, about the Ronon wink thing.
                        MG: I didn’t write that.
                        JM: We need to talk to Jason.
                        MG: We do? Actually thought it was cute.
                        JM: Didn’t you want a case of chocolate/caramel/almond ice cream?
                        MG: I’ll talk to Peter about Jason.
                        JM: Need to update my GW blog.
                        MG: Hint at Novak/McKay. *snicker*
                        JM: Ooooh, good one! *LOL*
                        MG: I actually have a few good ideas about that.
                        JM: Don’t go there Marty.
                        MG: Gotta go watch “Man w/Screaming Brain”
                        JM: Snurtch some ideas, k?.

ROFLMAO!!! This thing is absolutely brilliant! Wow! Um, yeah, this is going on my bulletin board because it rocks my socks. Can't get over how incredibly fantabulous this conversation is -- um, yeah, who knows? Maybe they actually talked about it! Anyways, here's some green to infinity!

Comment

I think Conversion is his best work so far. I say this because I noticed. I usually take shows at face value but this time I could help but notice the amazing job he did.

He's had great lines before but it never seemed like it was much of a stretch. I never believed he could be truly intimidating, being as cute as he is. He proved me wrong.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                            Shepperd's never looked so thunky
                            Some people really seemed to go for the buggy Sheppard. Don't understand this myself, but heck, whatever fluffs your bunny, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                              I loved "Conversion" and right now love atlantis a lot more than season 9.
                              I believe that if RDA was still a part of SG-1, Season 9 would be better than it is right now.
                              sigpic

Comment

I really liked the episodes. JF really pulled off the mood changes and the lose of control, which can look really bad if done wrong. While I don't think it's his absolute best, I would say it's definately up there.
                                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X