Conversion (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
    This is just another example of how some of that advanced Asgard technology could have made everything a lot easier. They could have beamed the eggs up with the Daedalus and if the Daedalus wasn't availible because of the diagnostics then they could have borrowed a personal cloaking device or a personal shield from Hermiod or in a worst case scenario, they could have cloned Sheppard and put his mind in the clone.
    Thor and Hermiod need to get on top of that. Whip those Asgard butts into shape!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
      Thor and Hermiod need to get on top of that. Whip those Asgard butts into shape!
      "Should he be wearing clothes like that?" Hermiod mumbles, as he beams Sheppard into the hanger bay.

Nope, can't do that on SCIFI.

Back to the episode, I wondered why Ronan didn't suggest they rub bug poop on them before entering the cave. It would at least have covered their scent.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
        "Should he be wearing clothes like that?" Hermiod mumbles, as he beams Sheppard into the hanger bay.

Nope, can't do that on SCIFI.

Back to the episode, I wondered why Ronan didn't suggest they rub bug poop on them before entering the cave. It would at least have covered their scent.
        Heehee. Asgards make me laugh! But yeah, back to business. That would have been a great scene. Have Ronon start smearing poop on his face, and Rodney could be standing there with this look of utter shock on his face...much like the one that Teyla had after the kiss. "Oh my God...Ronon, what....what are you DOING?! Do you realize what that stuff is?? Why don't you just roll around in it, rub some under your arms! Do you know how many germs that has in it?" Rodney gives me such a chuckle.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by CorranH96
          Did anyone think that Caldwell trying to find out more about Weir’s relationship with Sheppard that maybe he was trying to find information to possibly blackmail her somehow? Something around the lines of, “She’s only supporting him because of their relationship.” Maybe I’m just too suspicious.
          Caldwell walking into Weir's office with a tie! Was his uniform at the cleaners? I loved the dialog about the solitare. Weir playing it, and Caldwell muttering about not being able to remove it from his computers. Both on two wavelengths, even there.

Shep's makeup was exceptional. Still, they didn't do the dual voice trick. Still sounded like Shep. I would have loved to see the city from Shep's point of view. Sort of like Riddick on Pitch Black. Now, that would have really been cool.

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh
            It's clear that Caldwell was making a move on Weir. Here's what probably happened off camera.
            Teyla -"Dr. Weir, Sheppard kissed me earlier. The virus is probably acting on his primal urges. It was a long, deep kiss,too. Kinda made me dizzy."
            Weir - "Hmm, thats strange, because I was with him all day and he didn't even try to kiss me, but he was with you for 5 minutes and got to second base?"
            Teyla - "Oh...umm. maybe he was distracted when he was with you"
            Weir - "But later I went into his room alone, and he just yelled at me"
            Teyla -"Maybe he was tired or something"
            Weir - "Thats what I thought. So later, I went in again. And still, he didn't even try to feel me up."
            Teyla - "Maybe he respects your friendship too much"
            Weir - "Yeah. That has to be it."
            Teyla - "What about that bald guy. Word is that he's crazy about you"
            Weir - "But he's bald, ewww"
            D
            <<my snips>>

Well done, derrickh; I played it this way with the mens:

Conversation for "Conversion"
            In sick bay, Shep nears recovery ]

Caldwell: I gotta talk to you.
            Shep: Feeling better, now, thanks.
            Caldwell: Uh, how are you?
            Shep: Feeling better, now, thanks.
            C: I...er...It's about Dr. Weir. (pause) You like her, don't you?
            S: Umm, yeah.
            C: And...she likes you.
            S: Uh-huh, I suppose.
            C: What I mean to say, are you and Dr. Weir...
            S: Civilian commander and military commander?
            C: Shep. Are you and she...?
            S: No, there's no she and me... What are you talking about here? If you're trying to say something's improper...?
            C: Nah, ok, forget it. Shouldn't have brought it up.
            S: Brought what up? Sounds like...(pause) Nooo, no way. (Falls back laughing)
            C: Shep...SHEP! As you were!
            S: Right. (stops laughing, briefly. Then starts again before easing up) So, you thought... (laughs again)
            C: So help me...
            S: THAT'S what you wanted, help sweet talking Dr. Weir? (laughs again).
            C: This is strictly OTR, Lt.
            S: (regains composure) Well. Ha! Guess I won't get a play by play...? Didn't think so. But listen, I can give you some pointers...
            C: Very funny, Lt. This conversation never happened.
            S: Well, as long as this is off the record, I'll say this: (VERY seriously) If you pressure Dr. Weir, ELIZABETH...
            C: Remember who you're talking to, Shep! I'd never...
            S: In ANY way, rank or no rank, I'll deal with you.
            C: You son of a ...I'm a US Air Force officer, I don't force myself on a woman, and never had to.
            S: Oh, good. In that case, I won't have to give you any pointers on how to approach her.
            C: (Pauses) And that would be?
            S: Wear a metal jock strap. (Falls back laughing again)
            C: Son of ...oh forget it. (exit, fade on Shep's laughter)

And please, all my brave military types, I SO know this conversation would never occur in the real (military) world. But let's pretend men have relationship issues, too. Oh, wait...

Just playin', just sayin'.
            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
            sigpic
            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I believe that Conversion was John Sheppard's best episode of the series. Mainly because the way he reacted to being a Wraith (somewhat). Although I consider 38 Hours, Sheppard's 2nd best episode.

Anyone else agree with me.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe you just like them bugs?

Seriously though, I agree, or at least partially. I need to rewatch some season 1 episodes to make sure, but this definately ranks up there.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                  Maybe you just like them bugs?
                  No, I didn't really like those bugs.
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree. 38 Minutes was my fave until Conversion. There are eps that gives us a tidbit here and there about Shep and allow him to be more than the cocky flyboy. But most of Shep's characterization comes from JF's fabulous performances, not from the actual eps or anyting specific being written for Shep. So this was wonderful, seeing Sheppard's dark side slipping out and his loss of control.

Now if TPTB can just give us an ep that shows off his Ancient gene and his connection to Atlantis. And maybe some background on him, then I'll be a happy camper.

Comment

Oh yeah, conversion is his best epi. Yet.
                      Flannigan definitely has range and I can’t wait to see where else he takes it.

I'm so cool I gotta wear shades.

Comment

I loved "Conversion" and right now love atlantis a lot more than season 9. It's tough to call it my absolute favorite Shep episode. If they had more scenes where he was off of the base using his abilities, and wearing the awesome cloak costume, then it would beat "The Eye" in my book (tied with "Conversion for top).

Comment

Seeing Shep use the smoke grenade and single-handedly take out over 65 people in "The Eye" was stunning (I'm counting when he put up the gate-shield killing 60 men). But damn, "Conversion" was good.

Comment

Great Actor, Great Character with plenty of room to play with. The whole animal lust thing was well portrayed, plus in character development, shep now understands what it is like to be a wraith.

A+
                            Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                            Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                            Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                            Vicious

Comment

Conversion was not just my favorite Sheppard episode but also my favorite SGA ep. Joe Flanigan was amazing in this episode. It makes it harder for me to wait and see Epiphany in late January.

I also thought it was a great character building show for the others in the show. I loved the development in Ronan as well.
                              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                              Individuality is freedom lived.
                              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

I'm sort of torn. I really enjoyed "Conversion," because it did give us a better look at what Sheppard's like when he's not trying to be the hero for everyone, but I also really liked "The Eye" when we got to see how he'd react when an enemy pushes him to the limit.

And even though "Trinity" technically centered on McKay, part of my enjoyment of that was watching how Sheppard interacted with him throughout that whole mess.

Plus, I've never even seen "38 Minutes" so I can't say anything about that one.

So...I'm torn. I think I'll call it a tie between "Conversion" and "The Eye." Up until I see "38 Minutes" anyway.
                                "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Working...
                                X