Conversion (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
    I don't know...the way they just walked away from the body made me think they were going to leave her.
    That's right...forgot that. They could have sent a military unit back for the body. I just can't imagine that they would not want to do an autopsy, especially Doc Beckett. The enzyme is his experiment after all.

Comment

Someone on another thread noticed that Shep said he probably should apologize, but Teyla cut him off at the pass by saying think nothing of it.

They also said that using the word probably is a guy thing, to see whether or not the woman is going to accept the apology.

It was a man to woman apology, instead of a man to man apology like with McKay to Shep.

I got the impression the whole incident was awkward for both of them. I seem to remember an episode in SG1, Upgraded I think, where O'Neill and Carter shared a moment when O'Neill realized he cared about Carter much more than he should, then quickly blocked the memory due to their respective ranks.

I got the impression Teyla's reaction was sort of like Tasha Yar's reaction to Data after they had explored his being fully functional when she said "It Never Happened."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Interesting observation. Good on McKay for being able to admit (however grudgingly) to making the occasional mistake.

And Shep's supposed to be the charming one? Pffft.

I like McKay's style better, anyway.

Actually, Sheppard does apologize. To RODNEY in DUET! He gets cut off BY Rodney, but he made the attempt. And he did apologize to Weir in HZ. He didn't think he needed to, sure. But then..neither did I. :hrugs and hugs Shep::

As for Teyla...the wording doesn't matter. If he really didn't feel the need to apologize to her he never would have sought her out. I don't think he's as confidant about some things and people think. He was totally a dork with Chaya. Which I loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
          Actually, Sheppard does apologize. To RODNEY in DUET! He gets cut off BY Rodney, but he made the attempt. And he did apologize to Weir in HZ. He didn't think he needed to, sure. But then..neither did I. :hrugs and hugs Shep::

As for Teyla...the wording doesn't matter. If he really didn't feel the need to apologize to her he never would have sought her out. I don't think he's as confidant about some things and people think. He was totally a dork with Chaya. Which I loved.
          I think it wasn't so much an apology for the kiss, more the fact that he startled her and he wanted to know where they stood. I don't think he regretted the action of kissing her as much as the circumstances in which it occurred, and he wanted to make sure that he and Teyla were going to be okay, because their relationship matters a lot to him. And yes, he definitely can be a dork. But a very cute dork!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's Girl
            Originally Posted by McKay's girl
            Didnt that eppy just make you wanna give Shep a hug everytime he was on screen?

btw, am I the only one who found Frog-Shep ridiculously attractive?
            Originally posted by TheGreatCatOfRe
            1. NO

2. YES!

I can imagine there are plenty of JF Thunkers and Whumpers to answer 1. YES and 2. NO...

In fact, we were talking about the latter the other day...it's kinda sick come to think of it, but I'm with MG on this one. However, there is the small point that Frog-Shep is an improvement on some of my past significant others...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I like McKay's style better, anyway.
              You know, usually I find you're saying stuff that's just been lurking at the back of my brain. But on this...

(Have to admit I'm kind of clueless about why people actually *like* McKay. Yeah, he's our "everyman," because he's the character who acts closest to the way a normal person would act, so he's our "entry point to the show." But he gets on my nerves half the time...

Xander and Wesley were much better everymen in my opinion. I liked them, even when they acted in ways that made me cringe for them.)
              "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

McKay reminds me of me. Except WAY smarter and, well, male. I hope I don't have quite the ego he does, but I definitely idetify more with him than with any other character.

But while he reminds me of me, he's also definitely NOT me. 'Cause being attracted to a male version of myself would be very creepy. I identify with his sarcasm, but I'm attracted to the soft, vulnerable inner Rodney that he tries to keep hidden. He's a good, decent guy, he just keeps it well hidden.

Dunno if I can do justice to explaining it, particularly to someone who admits being mostly annoyed by him. *shrug*

I hate heroes. They're cliche and their trite nobility gets on my nerves. And the Studmuffins are usually too full of themselves to notice anyone else.

Of course, McKay is no studmuffin HE's too full of himself to notice anyone, either, but where it's irritating in a hero, it's amusing in a guy like Rodney.

Comment

I have to admit, I've always loved the heros. Not the prefect heros, the flawed ones. The smart ones. The REAL ones. Like Shep. Rodney is far more certain he's perfect and such than Shep is about himself.

I'm nothing like Shep, but I relate to him the most. Because he's the Anti hero in many ways. Because he's the guy that never leaves someone behind. Because he's passionate about people. And that he's of the pretty? Well..that happens to be my thing. I love the pretty. But there has to be intelligence and personality with it. Which Shep has.

If I was a guy, I'd want to BE shep when I grow up. But..I'll settle for WANTING Shep instead. LOL

Comment

McKay reminds me of me. Except WAY smarter and, well, male. I hope I don't have quite the ego he does, but I definitely idetify more with him than with any other character.

But while he reminds me of me, he's also definitely NOT me. 'Cause being attracted to a male version of myself would be very creepy. I identify with his sarcasm, but I'm attracted to the soft, vulnerable inner Rodney that he tries to keep hidden. He's a good, decent guy, he just keeps it well hidden.

Dunno if I can do justice to explaining it, particularly to someone who admits being mostly annoyed by him. *shrug*

I hate heroes. They're cliche and their trite nobility gets on my nerves. And the Studmuffins are usually too full of themselves to notice anyone else.

Of course, McKay is no studmuffin HE's too full of himself to notice anyone, either, but where it's irritating in a hero, it's amusing in a guy like Rodney.
                    You sure about that ego thing, Shad? (J/K - I think you're fabulous, honestly, don't EVER change! *Knows it will be a cold day in hell before that happens*)

I can see why someone would be attracted to Rodney, cos no person alive can be that annoying on a permanent basis. I think this episode definitely showed some of his softer, vulnerable sides...I think he's a great character, he's just not the one I'm attracted to.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Actually, I don't like Shep all that much. I find him cocky and disrespectful and more full of himself than Rodney is. Buy hey, to each his/her own.

Will be curious to see the Binder/Gero double-shot coming up. My two favorite writers, back to back. Yummy.

Comment

I can actually identify a fair bit of Shep in my own personality...Shep is very much façade - what you see is what he wants you to see. He's a bit of an enigma in a way, which is very much what I see myself as. I only reveal what I want people to know, don't give too much away.

I see him very much as the sort of person who has been burnt a lot, and not really ready to give a lot of himself away...and he hides that a lot behind a veil of cockiness and self-assuredness. I'm not always certain that when he says he's right, that he really believes it. I like the way he just goes with what he feels is the correct thing to do at the time, even if it turns out to be wrong. I'd rather have a man up front who did what he thought was right, rather than betray himself...I find it more honourable to be honest.

All MHO of course...

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                          I can see why someone would be attracted to Rodney, cos no person alive can be that annoying on a permanent basis. I think this episode definitely showed some of his softer, vulnerable sides...I think he's a great character, he's just not the one I'm attracted to.
                          As for McKay's physical looks... *shrug* I've always gone for the geek type. The buff little studmuffins tend to KNOW they're buff little studmuffins and they ACT like it. Gimme someone who's a little more real, a little more down to earth, and who isn't going to bruise me with a hug.

Comment

As for McKay's physical looks... *shrug* I've always gone for the geek type. The buff little studmuffins tend to KNOW they're buff little studmuffins and they ACT like it. Gimme someone who's a little more real, a little more down to earth, and who isn't going to bruise me with a hug.
                            Fair one...as they say...different strokes for different folks...

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                              Fair one...as they say...different strokes for different folks...
                              Mmmm... strokes....

Ooops, where was I? Oh yes. LEADERSHIP!

Shep's a good leader, most of the time. So's Weir.

Caldwell's a bit too petulant for my liking, though. Do well with the job you HAVE and stop trying to strangle the job you WANT.

Comment

Mmmm... strokes....

Ooops, where was I? Oh yes. LEADERSHIP!

Shep's a good leader, most of the time. So's Weir.

Caldwell's a bit too petulant for my liking, though. Do well with the job you HAVE and stop trying to strangle the job you WANT.
                                ROFL...a poor choice of words I feel...

To me, while I think Shep's a good leader as far as his team goes, I feel he and Weir make a good leadership team, rather than leaders in their own right. I don't think either could do it without the other...

Caldwell is just annoying. The worst thing is you see him being all *nice* and seemingly doing the right thing, then it turns out he's just being manipulative, to get where he wants - be that Shep's job or Weir's panties...take your pick...

Comment

Working...
                                X