Conversion (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    She's a Big Tough Alien Warrior Princess, she don't need no stinkin' band-aid.

As for the kiss... I am unwilling to accept the possibility of it being anything less than a violation and a very unwelcome one at that.

Just popping in here with my thought on what you said about Teyla. How do you say in a post that she is afraid to defend herself when Sheppard kisses her, but then in the next post say she is a big tough alien warrior princess? If she felt threatened by the kiss she would have fought back regardless of whether or not she thought she could win the fight. She looked suprised and confused, but not frightened. During the kiss she had her hands up, not sure where to put them (in a suprised manner) if she had felt threatened she would have had them against his shoulders or chest to try and push him away. As a big tough alien warrior princess she wouldn't get all scared and girly, she would fight.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
      Just popping in here with my thought on what you said about Teyla. How do you say in a post that she is afraid to defend herself when Sheppard kisses her, but then in the next post say she is a big tough alien warrior princess? If she felt threatened by the kiss she would have fought back regardless of whether or not she thought she could win the fight. She looked suprised and confused, but not frightened. During the kiss she had her hands up, not sure where to put them (in a suprised manner) if she had felt threatened she would have had them against his shoulders or chest to try and push him away. As a big tough alien warrior princess she wouldn't get all scared and girly, she would fight.
      I didn't see her really frightened at all during that scene. She just looked so confused, like she had no idea what just happened (neither does Sheppard for that matter). If I had to give words to it, I'd probably describe it as "Okaaaay...." Also, to me, the kiss wasn't nearly as telling as the apology scene that comes later. There is definitely something going on between these two -- watch John's face and his eyes, kind of smiley and soft. He's not worried that she won't forgive him, just that he won't know where they stand after this. Plus, the fact that he is rather reluctant to even imply that he's sorry for what he did and the way that they both neatly evade an actual, verbal apology is quite interesting. Kind of like neither wanted to say that it was a mistake or unwanted. Hmm. Thoughts on this scene?

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I think she was too surprised to do anything... either pull him away or kiss him back... I mean if my one of my co-worker whom I really trust as a collegue would do such thing I wouldn't know what to do in the first seconds... so I can feel with Teyla...
        The kiss looked quite hurting for me, it wasn't really different from the wall-bumping-Liz - Thing IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by entil2001
          The writers seem to be setting up a slow but developing love triangle between Sheppard, Ronon, and Teyla. Add Weir into the mix and it’s a Rhombus of Complication.
          Let's not even go there. There are many good SCIENCE FICTION stories TPTB can come up with other than doing anything as silly as a love triangle. Leave that to the afternoon soap operas.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Let's not even go there. There are many good SCIENCE FICTION stories TPTB can come up with other than doing anything as silly as a love triangle. Leave that to the afternoon soap operas.
            No kidding...can we get back to the science fiction please!

I think that they will have been able to learn a lot of things from this eps for future story arcs. They now have the eggs to experiment on. Bloodword from Shep. What else?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatCatOfRe
              No kidding...can we get back to the science fiction please!

I think that they will have been able to learn a lot of things from this eps for future story arcs. They now have the eggs to experiment on. Bloodword from Shep. What else?
              An autopsy on Ellia? I assume they kept the body.

Comment

Just popping in here with my thought on what you said about Teyla. How do you say in a post that she is afraid to defend herself when Sheppard kisses her, but then in the next post say she is a big tough alien warrior princess?
                It's called being facetious.

There's also a difference between being afraid of an immediate threat (Sheppard) and dealing with the result of a thread that's already past (Ellia).

But whatever. Yay on Ronon for shooting Shep.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  It's called being facetious.

There's also a difference between being afraid of an immediate threat (Sheppard) and dealing with the result of a thread that's already past (Ellia).

But whatever. Yay on Ronon for shooting Shep.
                  Shot him twice!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                    An autopsy on Ellia? I assume they kept the body.
                    Ya think? I was thinking they left her behind on the planet. No reason...actually the "Villagers" probably wouldn't want her there on the planet so maybe they did take her back w/them.

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                      Oh yeah. What did you say about the decision to hire Mitch Pileggi again?

That you thought Stargate was hiring too many actors from washed-up series? That they were contaminating the show?

Yeah, since The X-Files is consistently ranked among television's best, a show they wrote books about, a show with a huge critical and commercial success - it's 'washed-up' alright.

I don't think you gave Caldwell a chance, given that's what you thought of the casting decision.

So. Thats the grain of salt with which I take your comments about Caldwell.

I'm sure they'd be even more fun with a lime and a shot of Patron, but one can't have everything.

Comment

I liked this show fine. Flannigan's performance was very very good. The rest were good except:

I didn't like Weir. Too fluffy over Sheppard, too harsh over Caldwell. Though I do like the Caldwell/Weir dynamic and think it could be interesting as the season goes on (ship or no ship). Regardless, Torri's performance, IMO, didn't live up to what it should.

I don't know if it's the character, or the actress, but Weir's part is still not 'right' IMO. It's better than season 1, yes, but there's still something not quite right there. Again, IMO.

The entire cave scene was unnecessary. They lost two good men to stupidity. Spray them with salt water, or beam the eggs out, or something else. I know they needed to do it because it contributed to the story, but . . .

I'm beginning to think that the Wraith developed from humans who were getting high on bug enzymes and kept upping the dose until they became bug-like. It will be interesting to see if Ford is needing bigger and bigger doses to keep his high going.

I want to see the bug predators!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatCatOfRe
                          Shot him twice!
                          ROFL

Yeppers, he DID shoot him twice, we can't forget that! Wonder if Shep will.....just kidding. I'm being "facetious".......
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                            I want to see the bug predators!
                            Aren't bug predators either LARGER bugs or birds.......hey, a chicken is a bird, right Droops? Wonder if we'll get to see GIANT chickens?
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Didnt that eppy just make you wanna give Shep a hug everytime he was on screen?

btw, am I the only one who found Frog-Shep ridiculously attractive?

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                Aren't bug predators either LARGER bugs or birds.......hey, a chicken is a bird, right Droops? Wonder if we'll get to see GIANT chickens?

Giant Chicken Bugs. The were breeding and came up with a bigger and meaner chicken...er bug! sorry being facetious!

Comment

Working...
                                X