No announcement yet.

The Intruder (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really loved this episode ! And Hermiod was so hilarious !

By the way, about the "touché" word, may I mention that I have a dedicated button for the letter "é" on my European AZERTY Keyboard ROFL ...

Oh, I've got something else to tell ya ! Do you recognize this guy on the Atlantis Recruiting Files (the 'Beckett's short list' scene) ???

That's Peter DeLuise, again ! That's not the first time he puts his face on screen. He also appears live, we can see pictures of him in the russian files of the Season 5 Episode "The Tomb", if I remember correctly .

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan

That's Peter DeLuise, again ! That's not the first time he puts his face on screen. He also appears live, we can see pictures of him in the russian files of the Season 5 Episode "The Tomb", if I remember correctly .

I did not catch that. Thanks for info. And Hermiod is hilarious, I want to know what he is saying. It sounds like Asgard cursing ot something to the effect of "these blasted humans...". I especially liked the scene where Sheppard gives him the evil eye and Hermiod gives it right back. LOL!

Also like the flying sequence between the F-302s. Nice work special effects department.

And McKay trying to make himself as compact as possible before they beam into the bay, funny.
      Lady F

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
        Oh, I've got something else to tell ya ! Do you recognize this guy on the Atlantis Recruiting Files (the 'Beckett's short list' scene) ???

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/7585/bscap9973jp.jpg

That Peter DeLuise... he's certainly taking a leaf out of Hitchcock's book about how to make as many cameos on onscreen as possible.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          And what's with Teyla sounding like an office assitant? That made me kind of cringe.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. And she was certainly kissing up to the boss! Interesting that Teyla and Zelenka are left in charge.
          sigpic
          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by sg1 volgman
            someone made a topic about him speaking backwards english, not asgard. Did that happen again?
            Maybe TPTB wanted that, backwards english, to be the Asgardian language.

My favorite part is when Sheppard and McKay are getting ready to beam into the fighter bay. McKay stance just crack me up when I see that.

Comment

About Weir and Simon . . . .

I feel sorry for Simon, and think he went above and beyond for her. They're supposedly in some deep relationship before she goes to Atlantis the first time. Imagine the conversation. Weir: "Honey, I'm going on a special mission. Not sure when I'll be back, not sure if I'll ever return even. Once in a lifetime opportunity though, so I'm going." Translation: "You're not important enough for me to stay with you."

She even sends a note telling him to move on with life. Then she comes back and expects all to be the same? If I were he, I would have walked away the moment that she first went to Atlantis. Why stick with someone who obviously doesn't put you up high enough in their priorities to stay?

Bah, that whole breakup scene was bad. Weir turning away? Never seen that happen, too melodramatic IMO.

Oh, and BTW . . . . .was that a pokemon character, Psyduck? Or was that a chicken?

Seemed like each 302 had what appeared to be a unique keychain with some fun thing hanging from it. Interesting visual addition to the episode.

The rest was fine IMO, nothing grand but more of a 'getting to know some of the new characters and flesh out the old ones a bit' show.

Comment

And what's with Teyla sounding like an office assitant? That made me kind of cringe.
                Me, too! What was up with that?!
                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                which the intellect scorns."
                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                  About Weir and Simon . . . .

She even sends a note telling him to move on with life. Then she comes back and expects all to be the same?
                  Bah, that whole breakup scene was bad.

I found this scene a little off key, too. I thought Weir released him and had that part of her life settled. To see her actually in [his?] house, setting his table, and expecting...Really? I put it in my own perspective:

After having stung the tight male brass gang and coming up victorious, Weir proceeds to work on the other obstinate male in her life, Simon. But alas, her own determined nature works against her in the realm of [tv] 'ships. "You're the adventurous one, not me." Whoa. The old, steady and steadfast standby (Simon said he and his new love "have known each other a long time.") won this round.

Other than that, I liked the ep. Weir's no-nonsense counterattack at Landry and the military guys was priceless and well done, and sets up future headbutting between her and the Daedulus commander. As mentioned, the cat/mouse/gotcha! space scenes were nicely done, esp. in this mostly ship-bound ep. Yeah, SG1's Entity came to mind, but only superficially. I just love when McKay references anything to do with Samantha Carter!

And a grumpy Asgard: who'd a thunk? Love it!
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Ya know, I know most/all of TPTB are married, so how come they don't seem to understand how real relationships work?

I still side with Simon in this case. I'm guessing his current girl was probably the one who was there for him as he tried to cope with the "loss" of Weir.

A couple of things... I had assumed that Weir simply landed on Earth and tried to waltz back into Simon's life, expecting to pick up where she left off. That in itself is appallingly arrogant, but the scene went from her going over the candidates with Beckett, finding out that Simon wasn't on the list, and THEN her at Simon's place. So I wonder, did she even bother to check in with him when she got "home"? Or was she too busy with work stuff and figured she'd talk to him on the ride back to Atlantis? That's pretty arrogant, too. Is it ONLY then that she decides to go visit him? And if so, did she even give him a chance to talk about what he'd been up to in her absence, what was going on, silly chitter chatter stuff, or did she launch straight into "WTF is your problem and why aren't you on my list?" It tends to not paint a very pretty picture of her. I hope that's only a matter of "gaps" in our understanding, since we weren't given much to go on with them.

If she DID take the time to catch up with him and he failed to mention the new girlfriend, that would make the ground a little more even, but like many other niggly little things, that's a scene we'll never know. *sigh*

Comment

I'm reposting this here from another thread...

Personally, I don't think either Simon or Weir come up smelling like roses in this sorry saga... and to me that's interesting... and realistic

Neither seemed to me to rank the relationship very highly in their lists of priorities so why prolong the inevitable? I'm not usually an advocate for couples breaking up (even for television) but frankly speaking I didn't see a lot of commitment to begin with.
                      I'm beginning to feel that Weir could be an interesting character but I do think that she was a bit naive... or deluded perhaps to think that she could pick up where they had left off after she left without telling him that she was taking off and going to another galaxy. I gather from Before I Sleep that they have had a bit of a history and perhaps he was used to her globetrotting lifestyle... but she had gone off for a year without so much as a proper goodbye and leaves a message telling him to get on with his life. Well, apparently he did. His mistake, however, is not in promptly informing her that there is no status quo. That he had moved on.

That said, I do understand that when someone has been away on a life threatening experience that most of us will never go through, they have a overwhelming feeling of dislocation and displacement. It's bad enough to go to a new place never knowing if you will ever return but to be be constantly fighting for your own life? Compared to the experiences that they've been through, home seems like paradise. For them time stands still... for those that they've left behind... life goes on... but when those who have gone, return, they have a strong desire to cling on to some vestige of the life they left behind to remain. It isn't realistc... just human...
                      Counterculture shock is very real for expatriates and immigrants... something she talks about with Sheppard in the cafeteria. Weir's been silly, Simon's been silly but guess what... they acting like real people... now that's interesting...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        A couple of things... I had assumed that Weir simply landed on Earth and tried to waltz back into Simon's life, expecting to pick up where she left off.
                        If she DID take the time to catch up with him and he failed to mention the new girlfriend, that would make the ground a little more even, but like many other niggly little things, that's a scene we'll never know. *sigh*
                        Well said, ShadowMaat. I first thought there was a scene missing/cut that had that necessary tidbit of communication between Weir and Simon. Then I figured the writers were going to just let us fill in the blanks, which fall heavily on an overly confident (your word, "arrogant" fits, too) Weir. While just a small part of the episode, this scene was done well by Torri and I felt her pain (the song, "Send in the clowns" comes to mind). Character wise it didn't fit for me, yet it was memorable.

No sweat. Weir will need to be focussed on that disappointed, almost-the-military-commander-of Atlantis. Boy, does he sound miffed!
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice counter-point, Easter Lily.
                          sigpic

Comment

After watching the episode twice again this weekend, I'm beginning to wonder if there is someone new in Simon's life or if he just said it to get Weir off his back. In the first scene with them together, he's cooking for them and keeps trying to tell her he needs more time. When he's talking about responsibilities, it would have been the perfect opening for him to tell her about this other woman, but he doesn't. Weir wouldn't let it go, which is interesting seeing how she just came from a meeting where she pushed a bunch of the big guys around and got what she wanted. It was as if she forgot where she was and who she was talking to.

When she realized that Simon wasn't caving that easily so she tried another angle with black lace and candle light - he wasn't having that either. That's when he said there was someone else and it stopped her cold in her tracks. Makes me wonder if there really was someone new in his life or if it was his way to back her permanently off. After all, technically, Weir dumped Simon when she took off without a word, knowing she might never come back. If she could get clearance for a video tape goodbye, she could have told him in person. Then when the next time Simon hears from Weir, she told him to move on and it probably threw him for a bigger loop. Maybe that's all he could take. Maybe he thinks that she had moved onto someone else while at Atlantis. Maybe mention John Sheppard's name one too many times? Just a few thoughts....
                            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                            it has it's own laws and beats about things
                            which the intellect scorns."
                            - Mark Twain -

Comment

And what's with Teyla sounding like an office assitant? That made me kind of cringe
                              My exact thoughts were: "My, hasn't Teyla become quite the little secretary."
                              I thought they would of put someone in charge who knew more about Earth and it's people aka someone FROM Earth. If someone talked to Teyla in Earth slang she wouldn't understand it. It's like saying Weir could sub for Teyla in being the leader of the Athosians while Teyla is away. Doesn't make much sense.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

I'm digging space. I like their special effects, and I love the idea of seeing more to come!

McKay, as always, is awesome. You gotta love Hewlett.

Hermiod was... creepy as all get out (just like all of the Asgard race), but hilarious and a refreshing version of his other, more docile family members.

John's dramatic, dark, pensive looks were great for fade-outs into commercials. My sister and I got a kick out of those moments, because they happened SOOO much!

Beckett could do absolutely anything - as could McKay and Shep, for that matter - and I would love it. I was glad to see him in this ep.

Two beefs: I feel like they're writing Elizabeth's character the same way many people thought they wrote Sam in S7: Her praises of John were so enthusiastic, almost to the point of sounding more personal than professional (i.e. S7's "Heroes"). While I agreed with Sam and I agree with Elizabeth, it's kinda hard to get away from that underlying... suspicion that there's more being said WITHOUT the words...

I like Elizabeth a lot, and I like her as the leader of the expedition. I also don't feel like her professional discretion should be called into question, because we've seen what she can do in a crisis. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that she doesn't come across to all the other characters (like Caldwell and Landry) as someone who is perhaps harboring feelings or pining after John. That kind of behavior, I think, is a mistake and a bit of a disservice to the character. When they're sitting and talking around mugs of coffee - if it must occur - then let the ship roll. But when Elizabeth is dealing with Atlantis-related matters with General Landry & Co., she needs to get that Commander hat, not the Friend/Perhaps Something More hat.

TPTB may not write lines that address ship between any characters on this show, but I'm not buying the concept that absolutely NO ship is being inferred, because some of this is just a little too much for simple friendship. Then again, maybe those Shweirs are having an effect on me... If it wasn't for the fact that Weir gets shipped with everyone, I would be really concerned.

I thought it was odd that Teyla wasn't in a lot of this episode, but it makes perfect sense. She had no business on Earth. Also, when it comes to some basic, friendly interaction between these two characters, I'm with Toaster in hoping that we see something tangible between Teyla and Elizabeth. This ending did not cut it, IMO. I feel like, if Shep/Beckett/McKay had started to talk to her there, she would have been all ears. And that's a bit of a shame.
                                Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 25 July 2005, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X