No announcement yet.

Instinct (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt the wraith was rather contemptable.
    Spoiler:
    Pretending all these years about the feeding. AND feeding on her father. Horrid!
    I love the last scene with Shep and her. The look on his face, he was so scared.

Comment

I understand why she hid it from her dad, but I wonder what she would have done if another Wraith hadn't survived the crash. How would she have developed if she actually had to initiate the hunt by herself?

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
        I understand why she hid it from her dad, but I wonder what she would have done if another Wraith hadn't survived the crash. How would she have developed if she actually had to initiate the hunt by herself?
        That's easy! Bury the bodies!

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
          That's easy! Bury the bodies!
          I'd be curious to see if her more active role in hunting and feeding would cause her to become more aggressive and unable to hide her "Wraith-ness".

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

I'd be curious to see if her more active role in hunting and feeding would cause her to become more aggressive and unable to hide her "Wraith-ness".

We may never know. But again, maybe she was able to regenerate after they left. With Sheppard injured, they probably beat feet for the puddle jumper.

Comment

We may never know. But again, maybe she was able to regenerate after they left. With Sheppard injured, they probably beat feet for the puddle jumper.
              Yeah. I thought it was a little weird how they just left the body there. ::shrug:: I guess with two of your team-members seriously injured and with McKay having a nasty boo-boo on his finger, they had to get home pretty quick.

Comment

Uhh Ohh, the mind's at work again.

John's wound healed terribly fast. Teyla's wound healed terribly fast. I'm surprised they weren't both infected and jumped each other's bones!

Comment

Uhh Ohh, the mind's at work again.

John's wound healed terribly fast. Teyla's wound healed terribly fast. I'm surprised they weren't both infected and jumped each other's bones!
                  That would have been something to see! Someone else made the point of
                  Spoiler:
                  what would have happened if the retrovirus could have been contracted through saliva. That kiss scene in "Conversion" could have been really twisted!

Comment

That would have been something to see! Someone else made the point of
                    Spoiler:
                    what would have happened if the retrovirus could have been contracted through saliva. That kiss scene in "Conversion" could have been really twisted!
                    Unfortunately, not on prime time!

Comment

I think the dead "body" they brought into the village was the little kid that was pestering Mckay.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I thought this was a really interesting episode. It was a cool bit of information on the Wraith. Was also nice seeing the lovely Kaylee...shame being covered under all that makeup however.

Interesting moments for Ronan and Sheppard.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Didnt enjoy this one just something that wasnt there to draw me in, oh well, there was bound to be a low point in the season at some point
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

OK...solid ep.

1. Elia was always a semi-wildcard in my book though I was surprised that she still got away with doing the feeding thing. She did look slightly more human than the regular Wraiths so I originally assumed that she'd just morph into a full-Wraith all of a sudden.

2. Some reckoned that she was turning into an actual bug, certainly didn't notice any evidence of that.

3. However Dad caught the back end of the ep and when it was mentioned that she did try to feed on Sheppard, he said"has she just infected him?". I did not expect conversion to get set up that way.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I can say with all honesty that I didnt like this epiosde which is a shame, but it felt dragged on, Ronan had the right idea of going and killing the Wriath in the night. The only plus was the interaction between Mckay and Beckett and some great moments came from that. The episode only started to get better once Elia had taken the drug and was going crazy. I hope that Conversion is better than this.

Instinct recieves a S.G.C rating of 6 out of 9 Chevrons

Comment

I really liked Instinct. It was a good, suspensful story. No character dominated; it was a good team episode. I didn't find it slow or boring, I actually liked all the flashbacks and story about Ellia and the Wraith crash-landing. I found it quite sad that poor Ellia in wanting to be more human ended up becoming more of a monster. I liked some little bits of dialogue, the teenage rebellion bit from Sheppard, Beckett's obvious annoyance with McKay when he wouldn't shut up about his delving into biology and hypochondria. I laughed when Sheppard flicked McKay on the head, just like two siblings or best friends do to eachother when one is being completely dense! Loved the ending. Great set up for Conversion - I can't wait!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X