No announcement yet.

Trinity (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not one of my faves, and certainly showed Rodney at almost his worst (not nearly as bad as when he hit on Carter in SG-1). Good when he gets his ego cut down, I just feel sorry for others who have to suffer the consequences.
    sigpic

Comment

Hmmm....so during the initial working on the Lantean facility, we see McKay put a powdered donut in his mouth to type with both hands. So....does Atlantis have a baker at this point or what?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Hmmm....so during the initial working on the Lantean facility, we see McKay put a powdered donut in his mouth to type with both hands. So....does Atlantis have a baker at this point or what?
        Probably got it at the Starbucks they have in the corner of the mess.
        sigpic

Comment

That was an enjoyable episode. I liked how Rodney's ego got dampened big time. It was about time.

WEIR: ... putting your life and other people's lives at risk. You destroyed three quarters of a solar system!
          McKAY: Well, five sixths. It's not an exact science.
          WEIR: Rodney, can you give your ego a rest for one second?!

Maybe still not enough.

Loved also the ending scene with Rodney and Sheppard.

BTW wouldn't the wraith come back to this planet and destroy the facility? Certainly they would after the war, when they knew there were no ancients around anymore. But maybe they did leave it intact on purpose so that someone like Rodney would blow himself up. Way to go wraiths!!
          Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Skie View Post
            That was an enjoyable episode. I liked how Rodney's ego got dampened big time. It was about time.

WEIR: ... putting your life and other people's lives at risk. You destroyed three quarters of a solar system!
            McKAY: Well, five sixths. It's not an exact science.
            WEIR: Rodney, can you give your ego a rest for one second?!

Maybe still not enough.

Loved also the ending scene with Rodney and Sheppard.

BTW wouldn't the wraith come back to this planet and destroy the facility? Certainly they would after the war, when they knew there were no ancients around anymore. But maybe they did leave it intact on purpose so that someone like Rodney would blow himself up. Way to go wraiths!!
            I saw this episode today and that's exactly what I was thinking!
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
              I saw this episode today and that's exactly what I was thinking!
              I knew I was a latent telepath.
              But seriously if TPTB would have put the same amount of thoughts into their writing as we do, SGA could have been truly amazing. Instead we get only occasionally awesome episodes. And the longer SGA runs the less we get of them.
              Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                Probably got it at the Starbucks they have in the corner of the mess.
                sigpic

Comment

The main reason that I like this episode is that it shows that Rodney McKay can get it wrong.

It should happen more often, IMO. It's nice to see a little humility brought to him, and have his ego deflated every once in a while.
                  Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ast-condemned/

TRINITY (106)

What can I say? I can never ever remember the name of this episode. Not even after having just watched it. Or even after searching it out online for a photo to accompany this write-up. The second I close the window it’s gone. Trinity. Trinity! Right. Maybe the problem is the title is only connected to the episode in the most esoteric of ways. See, Trinity is a reference to the code name of the first nuclear test and, in this episode, McKay is working on something of a parallel nature as he attempts to harness an incredible power source. Clever? Cryptic? Both?

At the heart of this episode is the relationship between Sheppard and McKay, a friendship tested by the Rodney’s single-minded determination to succeed where the Ancients failed. In theory, a great idea but, for me, the clash between them never attains the emotional punch one would expect. Rodney’s a jerk, there’s some sniping and, by episode’s end, it’s all settled easily enough. Sure, there’s the suggestion that McKay has crossed the line, that there may be repercussions for his actions, but they never materialize and on we go.

Most memorable moment for all the wrong reasons: At the end of the episode, Weir dresses down McKay for destroying 3/4 of a solar system. He responds: “Well, 5/6th. It’s not an exact science.” What, exactly, is his point here? It would seem that, in typical Rodney fashion, he’s trying to downplay the damage. Except that 5/6 is actually bigger than 3/4. Is he simply not a math guy?

The B story involving Ronon’s revenge on his former Satedan taskmaster, is totally disconnected from the A story and feels too quick and neat. Ronon discovers an old comrade, finds out there were survivors of the attack on his home planet, kills a traitor – and we’re done.

One thing I remember from this episode is the tavern scene in which a soused Ronon and Solen get caught up. The Solen character is drunk. Ridiculously so. Apparently, Marty G. was on set when they were shooting the scene and, after the first take, suggested they tone down the over-the-top drunken revelry. It was a little (A LOT) big. All were in agreement and, as they prepared to go again, Martin headed back up to the office. As the door shut behind him, he heard director Martin Wood: “Here we go again! Remember. REALLLY DRUNK! And – ACTION!”
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ast-condemned/

TRINITY (106)

What can I say? I can never ever remember the name of this episode. Not even after having just watched it. Or even after searching it out online for a photo to accompany this write-up. The second I close the window it’s gone. Trinity. Trinity! Right. Maybe the problem is the title is only connected to the episode in the most esoteric of ways. See, Trinity is a reference to the code name of the first nuclear test and, in this episode, McKay is working on something of a parallel nature as he attempts to harness an incredible power source. Clever? Cryptic? Both?

At the heart of this episode is the relationship between Sheppard and McKay, a friendship tested by the Rodney’s single-minded determination to succeed where the Ancients failed. In theory, a great idea but, for me, the clash between them never attains the emotional punch one would expect. Rodney’s a jerk, there’s some sniping and, by episode’s end, it’s all settled easily enough. Sure, there’s the suggestion that McKay has crossed the line, that there may be repercussions for his actions, but they never materialize and on we go.

Most memorable moment for all the wrong reasons: At the end of the episode, Weir dresses down McKay for destroying 3/4 of a solar system. He responds: “Well, 5/6th. It’s not an exact science.” What, exactly, is his point here? It would seem that, in typical Rodney fashion, he’s trying to downplay the damage. Except that 5/6 is actually bigger than 3/4. Is he simply not a math guy?

The B story involving Ronon’s revenge on his former Satedan taskmaster, is totally disconnected from the A story and feels too quick and neat. Ronon discovers an old comrade, finds out there were survivors of the attack on his home planet, kills a traitor – and we’re done.

One thing I remember from this episode is the tavern scene in which a soused Ronon and Solen get caught up. The Solen character is drunk. Ridiculously so. Apparently, Marty G. was on set when they were shooting the scene and, after the first take, suggested they tone down the over-the-top drunken revelry. It was a little (A LOT) big. All were in agreement and, as they prepared to go again, Martin headed back up to the office. As the door shut behind him, he heard director Martin Wood: “Here we go again! Remember. REALLLY DRUNK! And – ACTION!”
                      I find what he writes here to be very interesting. Maybe he should go back and rewatch the episode. I don't think anything was settled, and it looked pretty clear to me that John was not ready to forgive Rodney. The tense scene when Rodney appeared at John's door and asked him to trust him was pivotal. John tells Elizabeth he was willing to go along with Rodney's plan because "He asked me to trust him." Both men did an excellent acting job, especially JF, who once again with just a few facial expressions showed us all of what John was feeling.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It seemed like JM mentioned the unforgiveness of Shep with the mention of reprecussions but by the next episode it was like nothing happened
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                          Good episode, not the best.
                          Interesting ending though (Weir & McKay Argument)
                          Damn does Rodney have an bad ego.

Mark Savela really has his own kind of style for doing Visual Effects on Stargate.

Tomorrow, a retrovirus that can turn Wraith into a human.
                          sigpic

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis...

1. "Confidence is not something Rodney McKay lacks". Too right!

2. Ah this was the one where Ronon comes accross more of his people.

3. Caldwell was also a bit reckless though...
                            Spoiler:
                            Under Goa'uld influence?

4. Some of the science was possibly iffy.

Solid but not quite as good as I remember.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Not a great episode for me. McKay's ego takes over, part of a solar system is gone, Carter's not there to counter the ego crazed McKay here! Of course it's always a military interest that pushes the risk taking beyond the safe limit with discoveries of Ancient weapon technology. At least Carter voiced concern with the Ancient weapon found in the Milky Way, and that took an Ancient to stop when it overloaded! You'd think McKay would have read that report and been more wary, but no, he's McKay! I just can't help feeling sorry for Zelenka in these situations, he's usually right!

I'm not that interested in Ronon as a character,so the parts with him finding more of his people alive was pretty boring. He just shoots the guy and uses Teyla to get to him. I try to like the character, but for me he just lumbers around and just never seems to fit in in the way Teal'c did in SG-1.

Comment

An alright ep.

Rodney blows up half a solar system thanks to his cockiness. At least it was on purpose when Sam blew up a planet.

Would have been cool to have such a great power source.

The scenes with Ronan were okay. Nothing fantastico.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X