No announcement yet.

Condemned (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had problems with this episode. Shepard should have known better and go in stealth when returning to the stargate. And why did they immediately got out of the Puddlejumper after they were shot down. Logic would dictate they would be more cautious and do a scan of the surroundings or something, after all they had just been shot down.

Other issues, the leader chick was suppose to be an experienced diplomat. She wasn't very diplomatic when she kind of reply to the alien leader, when he said his forces will find her team alone, and she said something like 'for both our sakes,' it sounded kind of harsh, more like a threat or ultimatim.

Finally, I'm a little concerned about how Ronon's character is going, I know it's only one episode, but the one liners are getting a little annoying, the food fetish doesn't work, and the pit bull attitude has been done before by countless one dimensional characters of the same ilk. I guess I'm expecting too much after an excellent showing in his intro episode. And I should not condemn the dude just because of one episode. I guess they're trying to lighten him up, show another side, just didn't worked for me in this one.

It's just a preference that I like stories that contribute to a major arc and I didn't find any in this episode. Ok, so wraiths do eat food, not for nourishment but for the taste, big deal.

Comment

My sister guessed the twist about 30 seconds before we saw it, but I still got a kick out of it (and never would've seen it coming had I been watching it alone). Nice to see a new take on things, rather than having every new group of people they meet being simply having come from generations of fearing and being fed on by the Wraith. I'd be interested to see even more elaboration.

We also both laughed loud and hard at Sheppard's failed attempt to break the tree branch. With Teyla (and Ronon) so suave and cool--and Sheppard, who fails so wonderfully. And that is exactly why I love Sheppard more than Teyla.
      Metroids are not pets
      Metroids are not for target practice
      Any unauthorized feeding of metroids is prohibited

Comment

Originally posted by quarkscrews
        I had problems with this episode. Shepard should have known better and go in stealth when returning to the stargate. And why did they immediately got out of the Puddlejumper after they were shot down. Logic would dictate they would be more cautious and do a scan of the surroundings or something, after all they had just been shot down.
        It probably would of been a good idea to of gone into stealth on the return trip and this was a mistake on Sheppard's part but too his credit how could they of known that the prisoners would have anti-air craft fire?

The reason why they got out of the Jumper right away was because the gate was still active and they thought they could make it.

After the crash the Jumper was toast so a scan or something would of been impossible.

<snip>Finally, I'm a little concerned about how Ronon's character is going, I know it's only one episode, but the one liners are getting a little annoying, the food fetish doesn't work, and the pit bull attitude has been done before by countless one dimensional characters of the same ilk. I guess I'm expecting too much after an excellent showing in his intro episode. And I should not condemn the dude just because of one episode. I guess they're trying to lighten him up, show another side, just didn't worked for me in this one.
        I loved his whole attitude toward food in this epsiode I thought it fit he character really well. From checking out that soup in the begining to him stuffing his pockets later on. I mean when you've been running from the Wraith for seven years when you see free food you take as much as you can.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Carter's Boy
          I liked the ep, but one small thing bothered me though. Shep made a strong point of saying that they were formally from Atlantis (themagistrateknew what atlantis was - famous or myth?), but then when Weir is walking with him in the city, he is shocked to find out the team "never made it back to the city?"

So did Weir tell him and ruin the secret or was it a script error? If he does know, he may try and use the info to spare his life from the Wraith.

Magistrate: They have not returned to the planet?

Weir: No and we haven't been able to establish radio contact with them either.

Magistrate: They didn't return to the city, perhaps they travelled through the ring to another planet.

The Magistrate was referring to his city.

Comment

I would have dialed the Planet of the Dinosaurs.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

I'm surprised not to have seen this brought up yet (I apologise if it has been in another thread).. during the 'dinner date' scene:

"I must admit, I still find it intriguing to watch you eat actual food."

"Our lineage may have diverged, but there are those of us who still retain an.. appreciation for finer things"

I'm referring to the 'our lineage may have diverged' bit. While there are certainly other possibilities as to what he meant by that, it seems distinctly possible that we was referring to humans and wraiths, thereby confirming a common ancestory between us. I recall there was some speculation by fans a while back that the wraith could have been the result of humans (or ancients) somehow 'blending' with another lifeform (most likely related to the bug from 38 minutes) on an isolated world.

As I said, there are other possibilities, but I think it's definitely something to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Nothlit
                I noticed that too, and I'm almost positive it was the same building used for the 4400 Center. We know Stargate is filmed in Vancouver, and I seem to recall reading that The 4400 is filmed there, too, so that would definitely explain it! I wonder what that building is in real life...
                Current list of (US) TV series being filmed in Vancouver (not a complete list though):

THE 4400
                BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - (Season 2)
                DEAD ZONE Season 4
                KILLER INSTINCT (Jessica Steen -- on FOX this Fall)
                L WORD (Season III)
                MASTERS OF HORROR (Oooohh...Jeffrey Combs! On Showtime this fall)
                REUNION (FOX this Fall)
                SMALLVILLE (Season V)
                STARGATE ATLANTIS (II)
                STARGATE SG-1 (Season IX)
                SUPERNATURAL (New fall series on The WB)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

HA HA HA

That guy sure got what's coming to him! Loved the last moments!

Nice episode, nice moral issue addressed. Though I found the middle section of the episode kinda boring, so the team got taken hostage, zzzzzzZZZZZ....

Finally we get to see Weir be a diplomat and kick some verbal @ss! Ooh, go her! LOL

Is that Major -what's his name, Lorsen (sp?) is it? The one that accompanied Weir, the new Atlantis' Head of Security?

I just got this impression that he is for some reason.

I think this episode too deserves an 8.5, the ".5" was due to Weir kicking ass and that scene, featuring the Wraith and that leader guy. Strange watching him eat food, so quaint of him. He sure has style, and I liked it!
                  Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                  WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    Why? She was there to negotiate... not to start a war...

Because she didn't know what she was up against in regards to Sheppard's team being out of contact.

I was thinking, a good episode idea may be a lone world where a Goa'uld had been displaced from the Milky Way galaxy. Could be good if done right.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter's Boy
                      I liked the ep, but one small thing bothered me though. Shep made a strong point of saying that they were formally from Atlantis (themagistrateknew what atlantis was - famous or myth?), but then when Weir is walking with him in the city, he is shocked to find out the team "never made it back to the city?"

So did Weir tell him and ruin the secret or was it a script error? If he does know, he may try and use the info to spare his life from the Wraith.

I may not have been paying 100% attention, but I thought Shep (I think it was him, rather than Weir) told the Magistrate that "the Wraith destroyed Atlantis, but we're among a small number of survivors." So far, this matches their cover story that Atlantis is destroyed. When Weir expressed her concern over Shep's team, did she actually MENTION Atlantis by name, or was she just referring to their 'new city' where these so-called survivors now live? I can't imagine Weir being the one to let this particular cat out of the bag, considering how important it is.

Edit: thanks to whoever posted the line-by-line script of the Weir/magistrate conversation, showing it was the magistrate who mentioned 'the city.' Somehow I doubt he was referring to actual Atlantis, but rather referring to wherever the 'survivors' now live. ..... I didn't THINK Weir would be so amateur-ish as to spill the beans about Atlantis!!!

~
                      Last edited by jyh; 14 August 2005, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I only just saw the episode now, so I'll watch the scene again.

Like they mention this alot in the episode... "The island"... LOL, and I was watching that film in the cinema last night - WEIRD.
                        Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                        WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Originally posted by LoveYouBaby
                          I only just saw the episode now, so I'll watch the scene again.

Like they mention this alot in the episode... "The island"... LOL, and I was watching that film in the cinema last night - WEIRD.
                          Guess what one of the early working titles for this episode was... The clone/ not the clone story

Originally the island was full of clones of people in the city

But TPTB decided that it was too similar to a certain film in cinemas at the moment so they changed it
                          sigpic

Comment

It wasnt a bad episode but I thought it was kind of weak. The puddle jumpers can battle the Wraith and fly in space. Also get shot by energy weapons, but this one does down because of some flak(sp?). Seems more like a plot device to me. Then of course the Wraith dont see the crashed puddle jumper! Come on!

SGA is starting to get that SG1 feel and I dont like it. Bring back the old goodness. please.
                            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb, lecherous fangirl tendencies aside (I mean, what respecting whumper doesn't want to see Shep restrained???), and say that this episode is probably the worst ever episode of SGA. And in that I do include the delight that is 'Skanktuary', which at least had a plot, and a point.

Sure, it had plenty of humourous moments, but these were almost equalled by the plotholes. There seemed to be very little holding the story together, which was weak at best. I mean:

Why didn't Sheppard cloak the jumper?
                              Why is Ronon already seemingly fully integrated into AR-1?
                              How did the prisoners know McKay was the resident genius having never met him?
                              What was that alliance all about? Wraith decency??? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
                              Weir threatening with a team of four soldiers against an entire city and getting away???
                              Sheppard allowing all those violent prisoners away through the gate? Surely that's gonna come back and bite him on the ass...
                              Firing a drone at the Wraith Cruiser? Didn't they spend last episode rectifying a problem they caused by shooting a dart down so they could hide from the Wraith? Surely now, the Wraith know they are still about, even if not on Atlantis, but won't they even suspect?

I agree with the person who mentioned the previous incarnation "No Escape"...might have to find that out and watch it...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

well it was a fine episode. I liked the ronon's matrix coat. Any idea why does ho not wear normal military unuiform like teyla?
                                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Working...
                                X