No announcement yet.

Condemned (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Alesians are probably dead now, I doubt any of them survived the culling that followed the episode. In general I liked the episode, observations are at random follow.

1) Enjoyed Weir and Lorne togeather, they made a great team. I do wish they'd saved Marin on the way out, kind looked like she helped them and than got left to be culled.

2) Giggled when Sheppard tried to break the branch (small tree... did you see how thick that was) and hurt himself.

3) Had the feeling this episode ran over time. The ending was too abrupt and the last shot over acted and over dramatic.

Comment

Anyone else think one of those cruisers would make a great opponent for the Daedalus? I sense a warship grudgematch in our future..

Comment

Originally posted by Tain
        Anyone else think one of those cruisers would make a great opponent for the Daedalus? I sense a warship grudgematch in our future..
        I was thinking more like Hiveship vs. Daedalus. but a Cruiser could probably hold it's own against the Daedalus. Especially if it can easily jam the transporter system on the Daedalus and prevent it from beaming nukes all over the place.

Comment

Exceptional ep!

The new Team is gellin' and I like it. Ronon's spiffed up and even throws out some convincing lines. Of course he shines in hand to hand. I liked the fight scene with all three (but would loved to have seen Ford there); they all looked mighty good. Neat, when Shep told the Allessian leader their cover story of Atlantis being destroyed; boy was that a prudent move!

And BHOO-LYA Dr. "you-ain't-THAT-bad" Weir! This civilian can shoot from the lip and backup even double-dealing Wraith-traitors. Wonder what she'd do with a weapon in her hands! Nice set up, with Loren and his team backing behind her. Rodney was on the mark tonight; angst but not irritating. I didn't buy the island leader's too accurate reading of Rodney's character, though. Kolya just shot people or skinned them (in Rodney's case), not jawed and hem-hawwed big and bad.

And what a plot twist! Well done, that the Allessians had a lot of skeletons in their closets, so to speak. Brrrrr. What a cold deal for innocent or guilty. And how weird is that, watching a Wraith eating solid food! I nearly croaked as he "savored" the wine, and chatted about "the finer things." Another peek at a level of Wraith society; hope there will be more. That Wraith cruiser was sweet; how about a peek inside it? And no sweat, IMO, that the lone drone damaged (not destroyed) it. Apparently their ship either has weak shields or none. The ending left a sour taste; there were doubtless more innocents culled in the city than would have been on the island, including the Allessian with the conscience who presumably was on her way to join the prisoners. Some nightmares and/or guilt for the team?

All in all, a good, entertaining hour. Keep it up, Sci-Fi!

Just sayin'.
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

There we go. Unfairly condemned prisoners who were exploited and screwed over by a government that seemed good at first flying through the gate by the seat of their pants while a ship fires at them from overhead and stuff explodes all around them. THAT'S the original spirit of Stargate, not this Ori junk!

Great episode.

Comment

Very nice! Not a perfect ep. (Like others have said, I felt the end came too quickly and my god, how did the main bad guy get to be so wise and insightful? You'd think someone was feeding him a script or something. ), but overall an enjoyable one. A nice mix of action with character, giving us a chance to see Dex/Shep and Dex/McKay interactions, plus some off-world Weir, while still keeping the action racheted up at an interesting level. (I know they're doing a good job spreading the wealth when I like Teyla. I'm not a Shep/Teyla shipper, but I did like how she called him "John" when he was hurt and how she always backed up his orders and actions while keeping a discreet eye on the newcomer, Dex. I have a feeling a lot of that was unscripted, so nice job, Rachel Luttrell!)

So, overall, a good action ep that still managed to find room for emotional interactions. Definitely makes me want to see more of "team interactions" in the future. Thus, I can only hope that the next few eps don't focus on one character to the exclusion of others.
              "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Great episode!

Can't believe that Wraith cruiser survive a hit from that lone drone. i always
                thought it was one hit kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                  There we go. Unfairly condemned prisoners who were exploited and screwed over by a government that seemed good at first flying through the gate by the seat of their pants while a ship fires at them from overhead and stuff explodes all around them. THAT'S the original spirit of Stargate, not this Ori junk!

Great episode.
                  I agree. The Ori is boring and dragging. I thought for while there I was in a philosophy class, not Stargate SG1. I'm glad the Stargate series has Atlantis! Another great episode.

Comment

I didn't approve of the first five minutes, or so, it didn't make a great deal of sense shooting down a Jumper, with some crued anti-craft device, and the fact that Sheppard didn't cloak the Jumper, when he first exited the gate, Wraith could have been there, nonsensical it was, furthermore, the Wraith fantastic learning about their ability to eat real food, and its inability to sustain them.

They should have left the prisoners on the island, it wouldn't have been the heroic thing, but many more people will die on Olisia, now that there are no more prisoners. The planet could have proved to be a very valuable ally, Maran could have been brought back to Atlantis, it was an immoral choice, the only person deserving of a Wraith feeding, was the person in charge, and a few of his staff, they will go back and nothing will be left, rant ended.

Dr. Weir, jump if you're feeling froggy moment, nice touch, she took command, Mckay having another moment of bravado, good to see, Teyla she was better in this episode, but she still has a ways to go. Dex, I continue to like the guy.

Next weeks episode, looks amazing, that power source, that will be the best episode so far this season, not saying a lot, but still my opinion.

Comment

The writing on SGA continues to impress. This was a very good "team" episode where everyone "did" something and contributed to the overall story.

I absolutely love Ronon Dex. .the character is a great addition. A real bad-a** doing his own thing, but I like the way he backed down when Sheppard got after him (when they were tied up). He's a good military man and knows his place and how to follow orders. There is still a lose cannon in there, I'm sure!

Weir was terrific. I was involved in a discussion earlier today where we were comparing Weir's character to Delenn in "Babylon 5". A strong female leader who uses her brain. . and keeps her "muscle men" close by. Torri is doing a great job. You go girl!

McKay. .good as always. You can't lose with McKay. No Beckett this week.

Loved the Wraith meal scene. I think that the Allessians (was that their proper name?) are toast. At least their leader is.

As far as the prisoners are concerned, especially the guy they took back to Atlantis with them. Uh. .we aren't sure of this guy's background. Anyone remember Linea from the prison planet on SG1?????

One last thing. . .Major Lorne. OMG. . MORE MAJOR LORNE! And someone PLEASE give the guy a first name.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I loved the episode. It was well put together, and everyone played their parts well.

My only complaint is tiny and more focused on future episodes. Please do not make Dex a Worf-like-clone. Don't get me wrong; I liked Worf, but Dex spent years surviving and getting out of tight spots only to spend time venting and plotting ineffective plans now that he has friends. I want to see him remain an independent, effective part of the team and not become the new Ford.

However, the Dex-McKay interaction was priceless.
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

i got a real CP30 vibe from rodney when he was in the back of the puddle jumper yapping about his aunt LOL does that mean Zelenka is R2D2 ?

i've always thought that the sg-1 cast could fit the 4 main star wars roles heh heh

teal'c-chewie

jack-han solo

daniel-Luke

Carter- leia
                          the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            One last thing. . .Major Lorne. OMG. . MORE MAJOR LORNE! And someone PLEASE give the guy a first name.
                            Fanon proclaims him Marcus Lorne. He kicks ass, takes names, and can growl on command. Utterly yummy and definitely a guy I want on my side in a fight. And in, um... other situations as well.

and if TPTB are reading this... Marcus. It's a good name. Means "war-like", which is appropriate for a Major in the armed forces. And OOooo, those arms!

Ha. Sorry, better wander back to the thunk thread.

Comment

Loved this! Rewatched it again and all I can say is that it rocked even more a second time! That convict scientist reminded me of Steve Buscemi for some reason, quite humorous. The whole "I'm sure every convict says they're innocent" was great, a nice commentary on the stereotype.

Highlights of the episode include:
                              -The scene at the island before they are attacked. The Goldilocks references, and Ronan's happy demeanor about the food, plus McKay asking "How good is it?"
                              -The "Chewie" line, Ronan's rant about killing the convicts, and then shutting up after Sheppard's "I can't even order a pizza, but if you want an order, yes."
                              -The fight scene at the end. Shep trying to break the branch was funny, and a touch of realism.

But the greatest moments of the show went to Shawn the Wraith. I named him, I love him. A highly cultured character, with an outfit different from the standard male Wraith's black leather trenchcoat. It was armor, it was cool. Drinking wine, talking about killing cooks in a way similar to Johnny Depp in Once Apon a Time in Mexico, and just generally putting scariness back into the Wraith. He was so much like Christopher Lee's Dracula. Major kudos to James for the great acting.

Here's to hoping we see more of Shaun!!!
                              Rush rocks.

Comment

Good Eps. Thought the team was starting to gel, liked the interactions between all 4. Shep was priceless ref the tree limb! Liked the food comments too, McKay funny as always "Cast of Breaveheart" how true! Interesting Wraith development, always like to hear more ref them. Really liked this eps more than I thought, one of my favs so far!

Comment

Working...
                                X