• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...

1. A McGyvver reference in Atlantis?

2. Weir on top form here.

3. Dodgy ending.

Overall, solid enough ep and a good way to intro the new team as a team.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Just seen this ep thought was great however dubious the jupper being shot down was.(You would think a space ship flying around with out shields would at least be toughed for the occasional space debris).

Weir got to see some action which was good, and the wraith portrayed from an entirely new angle with added depth. Think that particular wraith should be given some recurring roles as he would make quite a good recurring bad guy, although I expect that we shall see more sides of the wraith before long.

I also liked Ronnan's character in it and the whole new team bonding thing. I hesitate to call Ronan a Teal'c equivelent but he is the large alien scary guy with kickass moves who happens to hate the enemy of the moment more than the team. I do like his charactor tho with alot of depth and potential for future sory lines.

If they do any stories regarding the escaped prisoners I hope they include the lead one (not sure of name) who had Mckay pegged from the beginning. Thought he was good and there is certainly potential for depth with in his charactor.

Comment

Just seen this episode, so here's my two pence worth!

It was great to see Elizabeth go off-world with all her boys! Nice! A girlie moment here, but she's really looking lovely this season. Love the hair and make-up! Teyla hasn't had a lot to do yet, she's had, what, ten lines to say since episode 1? The writers could do with sharing some stuff around a bit methinks.

Funniest moments were the bad guy shooting the weapon backwards, (Phew! Thank goodness our heroes weren't in that hut!) and Shep trying to break the stick over his knee!...Oh and the bit about the sandwiches!

I agree that there was a lack of tension and the episode didn't have an ending...it just stopped!!

Comment

This was a great Altantis episode, so far I have really enjoyed Atlantis this year, the dynamic seems right and the way they are going is also great and this episode was no exception. Mckay was on top form with the McGyvver reference, Ronans aggression didnt seem right for me but Thank God he got his gun back. Nice to see Weir offworld again this time not to ask for weapons but to find out what happened to the team. Overall a Great Atlantis Episode.

Condemned recieves a S.G.C rating of 8 out of 9 Chevrons

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Master
            Just seen this ep thought was great however dubious the jupper being shot down was.(You would think a space ship flying around with out shields would at least be toughed for the occasional space debris).
            Well, space debris is not being aimed, so it can be deflected. And as Rodney said, old tech vs new tech. The Jumpers would be better for defense against energy weapons. Like the personal Goa'uld shields, they can block gunshots and energy weapon shots, but are useless against bows and arrows, why? because they were designed with higher technolgy in mind, leaving them vulnerable to more primitive tech
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
              I liked the episode, but didn't find it really gripping like it should have been. I loved the Sheppard bits,he had some great lines as already mentioned. The stick bit was great too, he never disappoints. Liked McKay here too. It just lacked a sense of real danger, don't know why. I loved the creepy Wraith though, errrh!
              Not a bad episode, just not quite as good as I felt it could have been. Will have to watch it again though as I was interrupted in the middle! So am perhaps not giving it a fair chance.Not my favourite episode so far this season.
              I thought the same thing when I saw the episode for the first time and after thinking about it I came to the conclusion that the main bad guy was all talk and no action. They said he killed 12 people, he threated the team but really in the end to only damage that he did was shoot the wall behind Rodney. I think for there to of been a real sense of danger someone should of gotten hurt and I don't count Ronon with the arrow in his leg, he hardly even limped afterward. Even if the guy had hurt or killed one of his own men it would of made the situation more ernest.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                I thought the same thing when I saw the episode for the first time and after thinking about it I came to the conclusion that the main bad guy was all talk and no action. They said he killed 12 people, he threated the team but really in the end to only damage that he did was shoot the wall behind Rodney. I think for there to of been a real sense of danger someone should of gotten hurt and I don't count Ronon with the arrow in his leg, he hardly even limped afterward. Even if the guy had hurt or killed one of his own men it would of made the situation more ernest.
                You've totally hit the nail on the head here! the bad guy WAS all talk and no action, in fact he seemed pretty reasonable. Yes, I agree,one of the team should have been tortured/wounded, then the bad guy would've been a real threat, and the team would have been really in danger. In fact, Sheppard should have been whumped. He's just darned asking for it, in my opinion.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                  Well, space debris is not being aimed, so it can be deflected. And as Rodney said, old tech vs new tech. The Jumpers would be better for defense against energy weapons. Like the personal Goa'uld shields, they can block gunshots and energy weapon shots, but are useless against bows and arrows, why? because they were designed with higher technolgy in mind, leaving them vulnerable to more primitive tech
                  I fully understand the whole new tech/old tech argument and conceed
                  that its possible they got a lucky shot in at a vulnerable spot. However how did you come to the conclusion that the jumpers are better equipped to deal with energy weapons. Most energy weapons that we've seen in the show and the weapon used by the prisoners both use the same energies to inflict damage. They both use Kinetic and heat energy only the energy weapon equiv is far more efficient in directing that energy. Also its doubtful that the goauld tech was designed with higher tech in mind considering that the people they ruled over were primitive humans who had been know in the past for uprising. It was more likely an unfortunate weakness of the shield out side their control.

Comment

Compeltey medicore episode, aside from the new Upper claass wraith Dude. He rocked.

Abd some intresting points on Wraith culture: They're not a united front presumbly its every Hive for itself.

And still not liking Dex. They screwed Ford for this loser?
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

My favorite part of this episode was that Weir really got to be a hard-edge toward the politician. She really showed why she got the job she has, and I loved to see her make her way off-world and rescue the team. Loved it.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

i didnt like this episode at all. for one it left us hanging with still many questions unanswered. For example what happened to the convicts? wot happened to that guy ( forgot his name) that shep promised he would take to atlantis? Finally was everyone on that planet culled or was there some survivors?

hopefully some of these answers can be found in season 3

Comment

Originally posted by andrelage
                          i didnt like this episode at all. for one it left us hanging with still many questions unanswered. For example what happened to the convicts? wot happened to that guy ( forgot his name) that shep promised he would take to atlantis? Finally was everyone on that planet culled or was there some survivors?

hopefully some of these answers can be found in season 3
                          I wraithed them all.

Comment

Yes, interesting question, what happened to the guy they brought back.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

At last I've got some more DVD's, so I've finally seen this episode ... so I suppose I should say something about it. I loved all the team interaction stuff, and they certainly needed a team episode, but as for the plot - not one of the best, really.
                              When that lead prisoner gave his nutshell summing up of Rodney's character, I laughed and said, "He must have watched season 1"! Though I did think the second part of his summing up was a bit unfair, the first part was spot on.
                              I liked the "sandwiches" stuff, the Goldilocks stuff, Weir going off-world (I think she feels less irreplaceable now that they could ship somebody over from Earth on the Daedalus?)
                              And same as everybody else, I liked Shep trying to break the stick and hurting his knee. Especially since for once it wasn't Rodney who something like that happened to!
                              But I am looking forward to watching the next episode rather more.
                              Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

[QUOTE=SierraGulf1]Since Tok'Ra Hostess made excellent points about the first and third statements, I'll simply state the reasoning for the third.

A being, if it possesses a mind, is capable of being different from the rest of its kind. Humans, as a whole, are decent people, but there are many out there such as terrorists and murderers that are quite different. Basically, you can't judge a race by its majority. And I realize that the Wraith's instinct is to feed on humans, and keep in mind that this one we saw here is no goody tooshoes himself. He threatened the man and demanded more food. Just because he did it in a different manner does not mean he will ever raise puppies and run off naked into the night with Teyla.

Ouch! How did Teyla get dragged into that? I understand that this is a discussion thread, but Teyla has been getting a little scuffed of late. Let's all give Teyla some much needed love.

Comment

Working...
                                X