No announcement yet.

Condemned (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the last two episodes, i have just read the transcript and yet another entertaining episode for atlantis. Dex is certinally proving to be an interesting character if not somewhat defiant. And the idea of feeding the prisoners to the wraith I thought was a good one but the scandal behind it was cool. Cant wait to see this episode.

Would someone be able to post caps of the wraith at the dinner table and the wraith ship over the city?

WOOT: 1500 posts.
    Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 21 August 2005, 04:20 AM.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I have started watching SGA to satiate my craven for BSG during its midseason break. I have watched the first five episodes of season 2, and was starting to like it until one cheesey moment. That moment was when Wraith Cruiser #2 started firing on the humans as they ran towards the gate. The sound effects from the gun firing were straight out of the 1980's hit arcade game, Asteroids. I can't believe they couldn't come up with sounds effects better than that.

The only character I just cannot stand is Rodney. He is very annoying and makes me wish he character would simply disappear.

I did love the fight scene. Amazing how well SGA can choreograph great fight scenes but leave skimp on the sound effects.

I also loved how that lead criminal read Rodney like a first grade book. He broke his character down to his least common denominator.

I also enjoyed the "chewie", and "MacGyver (sp)" remarks. I had a good chuckle over those.

SGA seems like it will hold me until BSG gets back online again in January. Hopefully I will be able to like this show even more before it is all said and done.

BooDooSy

Comment

I hope Sheppard's team bumps into the lead criminal again. He was interesting. But unless they can figure out some gate coordinates, they're pretty much stuck where Sheppard and Weir found them.

Comment

Love this episode!

It's the second episode, I think, that I've seen for Atlantis. The first one that has taken me off world with the Atlantis team. This episode, pretty much, brought me out of the closet, if you will, regarding my Stargate addiction because I could not shut up about the fact that "Stargate: Atlantis" and "The 4400" used the same set -- the government building for the other planet is the 4400 Center on "The 4400". Oh! And it's my first introduction to the Wraith and even him just sitting there at the table made me want to crawl under the couch cushions and I didn't know anything about them then!!

Adrianne
          If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
          It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

It entertained and intrigued me, that it did... The implied culling in the ending really hit close to home for me, as it seems to have many other folks out there. Sure, there's some deranged errors in here that have been beaten to death tenfold in this thread, so I'll just stick to my other thoughts...

This episode should definitely have a continuation next season... They just let loose a bunch of convicts into the galaxy (unless they just left them on that other world which would be smart, but what kind of story would that make?). It seems like the kind of thing that they should pay for later... It's a good assumption that there were some survivors on that planet after the Wraith were finished, and if I were them, I'd be just a bit irked at the Atlantis team for screwing us over by freeing a bunch of dangerous criminals... They can call it “Repentence” or something. Granted, there's no DHD there except for the one from the crashed Puddle Jumper (never confirmed either salvaged or blown up) that they could potentially get working again (all it needs is some power, right?).
            And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

Originally posted by KairezLightkeeper
              This episode should definitely have a continuation next season... They just let loose a bunch of convicts into the galaxy (unless they just left them on that other world which would be smart, but what kind of story would that make?). It seems like the kind of thing that they should pay for later... It's a good assumption that there were some survivors on that planet after the Wraith were finished, and if I were them, I'd be just a bit irked at the Atlantis team for screwing us over by freeing a bunch of dangerous criminals... They can call it “Repentence” or something. Granted, there's no DHD there except for the one from the crashed Puddle Jumper (never confirmed either salvaged or blown up) that they could potentially get working again (all it needs is some power, right?).
              :: Blank stare ::
              None of that ever occured to me. Perhaps I'm too in love with Weir wardrobe to care about story lines and the continuity of them, of if they make sense or not. I'm trying to recall if SG-1 has ever let supposed criminals loss on another planet but I haven't seen enough of the series to answer that myself. And, honestly, that's really what the prisoners were, supposed criminals put on the island to feed the Wraith. It's never answered as to who's an accountant with bad math skills and who's a murderer. Crime dropped in the city so they had to raise the bar so a lot of white collar criminals are being killed for, probably, small infractions. I think that's what we're suppose to see ... People that had to turn into criminals to stay alive, not criminals from the start taking over another planet.

I never intended to write that much ... and now I realize I probably should have read this thread because I'm sure someone else has already brought this up. Sorry!

Adrianne
              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
              It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by KairezLightkeeper
                It would be interesting to see if there are any kind of ramifications.

I don't think it can necessarily be assumed that there were survivors however. The wraith seem to have a new feeding ground on the mind, and as was pointed out in 'Letter from Pegasus' by Teyla, the cullings are worse than she has ever seen and there is not enough "food" to feed the entire wraith population that has awoken early.

If there were survivors, there could also be the possibility that they have no clue what happen....that is, that the Atlantis team set the prisioners free and that is why the wraith attacked. Judging from the last conversation the magistrate had with the wraith, it seems somewhat likely that the wraith would have attacked the city eventually anyway.

As for the prisioners, or supposed prisioners, the Atlantis team freed them from a doomed fate and a culling in progress. Hopefully that would carry some goodwill with it, but one never knows. However, there could have been some serious criminals that could pose a theat to the Pegasus Galaxy and who knows, they might think along the same lines as the Genii

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                  Nah. The more hard-headed among us will simply call him the Wraith formerly known as Shawn.
                  Of course the writer could surprise us and use this chosen and leave us speechless.
                  "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                  'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                  Individuality is freedom lived.
                  'Janis Joplin'

Comment

I really enjoyed the makeup on the Wraith in this episode. That whole toothy grin and the lips being able to reveal that whole menacing smile was just awesome! Some of the best makeup and wardrobe for the Wraith I have seen.
                    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                    Pay it forward

Comment

I've heard it mentioned that this episode is actually supposed to take place after "Trinity." Is this true? And, regardless of whether it is or isn't, anyone know where the rumor started?
                      The fact is I think I am a verb instead of a personal pronoun. A verb is anything that signifies to be, to do, or to suffer. I signify all three.

Comment

I don't see how it could of possibly taken place after Trinity considering how Sheppard was acting toward McKAy.

Comment

Yeah, Sheppard's behavior is a bit hard to reconcile. Though I tend to think he still trusts McKay to get the team out of those everyday tough spots--just not to keep a clear head when it comes to pursuing something he badly wants. "Condemned" taking place after "Trinity" might, however, explain why McKay remained so hesitant to propose the long-shot fix of the jumper though. Sheppard, IIRC, had to pull it out of him.

At any rate, it's something I read somewhere I can't even remember now. The two episodes, I think, work either way. I just wanted to know if there was any official word.
                          Last edited by Yeade; 01 September 2007, 09:56 AM.
                          The fact is I think I am a verb instead of a personal pronoun. A verb is anything that signifies to be, to do, or to suffer. I signify all three.

Comment

Just watched this episode in the U.K and think it was one of the less interesting episodes of the second series so far.

It just didnt feel as gripping as previous episodes plus there was a good opening sequence with the advanced ship but from then on the story fell short in my opinion.

What does everyone else think?

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                            legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Just seen this, and gotta say a great episode, some great comedy elements including Shep claiming to be "Naturally lazy" and trying to break that stick, a tad predictable but funny none the less. The scene wiht the rocket launcher had me in stitches. I am finding Atlantis much more entertaining than SG1 at the moment, and this episode shone compared to the disapointing "Beachead" aired last night.
                              Also, seeing a side of the Wraith that can act very civilised actually makes them seem more sinister than before IMO
                              The only things that were not great here were, the distance between the main character that had no real explanation, and there was no real edge to this episode.

As a rating 7/9 chevrons
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I liked the episode, but didn't find it really gripping like it should have been. I loved the Sheppard bits,he had some great lines as already mentioned. The stick bit was great too, he never disappoints. Liked McKay here too. It just lacked a sense of real danger, don't know why. I loved the creepy Wraith though, errrh!
                                Not a bad episode, just not quite as good as I felt it could have been. Will have to watch it again though as I was interrupted in the middle! So am perhaps not giving it a fair chance.Not my favourite episode so far this season.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X