Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    lol that was funny, I am surprised no one has sparked up with "that promotes cruel animal testing" Good job no one said it because now we are free to laugh at the mice made of charcoal
    Even if somebody said it, I think an easy defense could be made that it was better the mice than Rodney and Cadman.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Actually there was some mention of it early on in the thread... but I don't suppose anyone would like to find out...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I don't normally tend to post in the Atlantis threads (not because of Atlantis - but because I'm hanging about elsewhere), but I just had to comment on this one 'cos it was so fantastic.

Nice comment from Beckett as the dart's heading right at him - the Standard Stargate All Purpose Swearword! Just perfect for the moment.

Of course, a totally magnificent performance from David Hewlett - the sequence where Cadman is suggesting that Becket play gooseberry on Rodney's 'date' had me in stitches. Mind you, pretty much every scene like that was accompanied by me laughing like a drain.

Have to say I was rather startled that they actually showed the carbonised mice rather than just the expressions on Zelenka and Weir's faces. Poor little beggars - but as aaobuttons said, better the rodents than Rodney and Cadman; particularly as it was pretty obvious the team weren't intending to convert them into charcoal.

And, of course, I couldn't leave out 'The Snog', could I? Wooooo-hoooo! The look on Beckett's face!

Fabulous. Great fun from start to finish.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum

Nice comment from Beckett as the dart's heading right at him - the Standard Stargate All Purpose Swearword! Just perfect for the moment.
          Particularly good in a Scottish accent!!

enjoyed that very much - some extremely funny moments. Also loved the teaser to the episode. Seeing as it was the main 'action' part of the episode, it give it a big kick start for the rest of the more funny bits to bounce off of.
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
            I forgot to mention that I actually was a trifle surprised at the scene where Cadman took over McKays body to kiss Katie Brown. As a woman, if a man suddenly became very suave and cocky,telling me he was REALLY interested in me,then leant me over backwards and snogged me unexpectedly I would not be amused or flattered. I find it rather bizarre that a woman would actually think another woman would like this, especially on a 1st date in front of somebody else! It was, I suppose funny to see on screen, but not really credible. The majority of women prefer conversation before such a physical display! Then again maybe I'm being a bit harsh, as the storyline is hardly credible anyway, certainly not in RL! I know, it's scifi!!!
            I thought about that as well, but thought well, there was that bit at the beginning when they are walking in the field and Cadman says "She knows alot of things" maybe Katie told Laura what she wouldn't of mind happening.

Well, that's my take on it. Girls talk to girls, boys talk to boys
            Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
            The Strongest Will Survive!
            I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

funniest episode of the season so far, i loved it especially David Hewlett's acting

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                Even if somebody said it, I think an easy defense could be made that it was better the mice than Rodney and Cadman.
                I made a thread not long after this episode aired called "Aw the poor Mice"

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...+the+poor+mice

In my defence I like mice.

Just a note, if Rodney bent me over and kissed me on our first date I would say Yeah baby!

Of course some people are just easy.

Comment

I still think the McKay(Cadman)/Beckett kiss was one of the funniest things. I can't wait to get this one on DVD.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The show reminded me of the Lily Thomlin/Steve Martin movie. All Of Men. Lily Thomlin's body was inside of Steve Martin's body.

Comment

Okay, I don't know whether this has been mentioned before... But when Weir is talking to Ronon about whether he wants to join Sheppard's team she says 'Major Sheppard' instead of 'Colonel Sheppard'.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Had he gotten the promotion yet? I honestly cant remember. I am often distracted by his hair and loose my train of thought lol. I LOVED THIS EPISODE SO MUCH but I think honestly the GW interview with DH made it all the more hilarious, his comment on kissing Paul and it being "Mercilessly Unerotic" had me rolling. (Plus, I have been using that term often even though it generally doesnt make sense in my conversations). This episode was further proof of David's Greatness (which should be trademarked).

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMcKay
                          Had he gotten the promotion yet? I honestly cant remember. I am often distracted by his hair and loose my train of thought lol.
                          Sheppard was apparently promoted between The Siege and The Intruder, as he and Weir make references and have flashbacks to their stay on Earth.
                          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

In Intruder, Rodney also mentioned him. as being a Major, and Col. Caldwell corrected him as being a Lt. Col.

Comment

Yes, he was promoted way before Duet happened, when they returned from their little trip to Earth...

Though while Rodney had someone to correct him, Weir didn't...and as we all know Sheppard couldn't say it enough he had been promoted and heck she was the one who suggested he should be promoted to a higher rank.

Tsss...mistakes can be made...
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I've been meaning to post this for a while but never gotten around to it:

Anyone else who got annoyed by the fact that Cadman-in-Rodney acted so very effeminate? What with the way she walked, talked, behaved and gestured. Meanwhile, she does none of these things when she's in her own body (as seen in "Duet" and "Critical Mass")!

Comment

Working...
                                X