No announcement yet.

Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta be one of the best Atlantis episodes to date. The kiss was very funny and the part where Mckay wakes up in Cadman's room the next morning.

Overall enjoyed every minute !fantastic episode!
    STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
    legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

well this is wot I've bin waiting for, we've had loads of memorable sg-1 episodes i.e. WoO but haven;t had a sga one til this came along, i cannot wait to get the dvd and watch this episode again and again and again.

Comment

One way to make the episode better. Cut out the whole "you are dying" bit, put them back in their bodies earlier. But in the wrong ones

My rating: 8/9 chevrons (the wrong body thing would have tipped it to 9)
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Hmmm...reminded me of SG1's Holiday in terms of quality. Solid as a first attempt at a comedy ep but not WOO standards.

1. Class work by DH on this ep all round.

2. Also damn good work by Paul McGillion, firstly that scene where Beckett was trying to talk to the Wraith before Sheppard machine gunned him definately reminded me of early Jack and Daniel and his general bewilderment when dealing with "McKay" was also cool like "Carson, this isn't you're mate Rodney you're talking to".

3. Cadman herself wasn't knockout territory but definately nice looking. That'll keep our Scot happy for a while.

4. Dex? Hmmm...my general take on that side of this was that the writers were playing him as a noble savage(or ex-military turned savage) and with this guy hanging around, Sheppard decided to put him to use and given that he seems to be a one man army, I can't blame him.

Generally though, he comes accross as an early version of Teal'c who's picked up a bit of Earth slang during his time at Atlantis and Teal'c took a while to grow on me as well.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            One way to make the episode better. Cut out the whole "you are dying" bit, put them back in their bodies earlier. But in the wrong ones
            IMO, that would have pushed the ep over the line into flat-out idiotic. I think Martin Gero struck a nice balance with putting a new twist on a familiar plot and it was carried out brilliantly by David Hewlett. But actual body-swapping? Dear gods, please, no. I'm sorry, but that isn't something I ever want to see on Atlantis, and not just because it was already done on SG-1.

Comment

Great Episode with some brilliant acting from Hewlett, I kept imaging what it was like on set seeing him go from Mckay to Cadman, the cast and crew must have been in stiches!! He acted brilliantly in all scenes but the one that sticks out the most is the scene where they are fighting about where to go after the date BRILLIANT!! And who can forget the kiss!!! they took it in their stride and Hewletts reaction for Mckay was ace!! The Story was great and was complemented with the on going "What to do with Dex??" between Weir and Sheppard. Was it just me or was there no Caldwell in this episode??

Duet recieves a S.G.C rating of 9 out of 9 Chevrons!

Comment

Thought this was an entertaining episode, with some hysterically funny bits in it. Thought DH was over the top sometimes though, and the battle for his body while walking down the hall was silly, just slapstick and not convincing.
                Liked Dex, he's a man of few words, but he and Sheppard are very amusing together. Liked Beckett here too, this was one of his best performances, IMO.
                Didn't like the Gollum-like camera effects, with McKay/Cadman and McKay arguing, it made me feel dizzy!
                Loved Sheppard and Dex with the guns, in the mess hall and fighting scenes.
                Liked the scene with the mice!
                Liked the dinner scene with Katie Brown, I was in hysterics at that point! The looks on Beckett's face!
                Why does McKay drool when asleep though? Poor guy!
                Overall an enjoyable episode, wouldn't want to see too many like that though,comedy episodes are a nice change but can trivialise the series if used too often,IMO.
                sigpic

Comment

I really liked this episode I thought David Hewlett's acting was great

Comment

I had forgotten about the body swap of Teal'c and Jack, its been a long time since i have seen it, probably better just to do it once...
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

I often wonder how many times the whole scene with Cadman/McKay kiss had to be done. I can only guess how many times they started cracking up on that one.
                      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                      Pay it forward

Comment

Lol, I think they would have needed to spend a good while preparing for it, but they are proffesionals, so they might have got it in 2 or 3 takes

Comment

Like the new, frosty blue opening credits! Loved the opening scene of shooting down the Wraith ship.
                          Shep + heavy duty weapon = Phwoar!!

Now don't get me wrong, I like McKay, but I was a bit worried before watching this episode that it was going to be 'start to finish' all McKay which, if it had been, would've done my head in. All that verbal energy wears me out! What I was happy to see, though, was that this was nicely balanced out with some lovely little scenes with the other characters.

Great to see a bit more of Zalenka and I loved Carson here as well. What's making me smile about Carson is that he seems to have a persistent, anxious expression these days! Poor guy! A thing I really love about Atlantis is hearing the various international accents on the show. We need more please!

Shep seems really taken with Dex! I can see where the Shex thread is coming from! Hee hee! I'm liking Ronon, he had a nice scene with Teyla (Blimey! She's limber!).

Actually, I thought the best line of the whole show was in the scene where they were experimenting with the mice. They get beamed back rather charred looking! Shep says "I'm no scientist, but those mice used to be a different colour!" Ha!!

Anyway, to conclude...GIVE SHEP MORE HEAVY DUTY WEAPONS!!

Um...yeah that...and I enjoyed the first 3 episodes of the season more, but this was a good 'un!

Last edited by Elinor; 11 November 2005, 09:30 AM.

Comment

The weapon testing scene made me laugh, when he whips out his gun and blows the middle of the paper away
                            Dex: I prefer this (pulls gun and shoots)
                            Shep: (leans sideways looks through hole) I can see why

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                              The weapon testing scene made me laugh, when he whips out his gun and blows the middle of the paper away
                              Dex: I prefer this (pulls gun and shoots)
                              Shep: (leans sideways looks through hole) I can see why
                              I agree,that was classic! I love Dex's powerful gun!
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm leaning more and more towards the infamous Gollum scene having been filmed so that David said all of McKay's lines and then went back and said all of Cadman's lines and then they just spliced them together. It'd explain a few things- like why they'd use such an annoyingly distracting tactic... and how McKay could go red so fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X