Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qasimjavid
    Actually I think Lt. Colonels are referred to as Colonel in real life.

Rodney also called him Major in intruder it will take time for them to switchover
    Yes they are. Just as 1st and 2nd Lieutenants are called Lieutenant.

I also think that the major slip by Weir was just habit. Just like it takes some people time to start writing the correct year after Jan 1. Eventually everyone will come around.

Comment

Originally posted by gateroom
      How could the director let a slip like this get through.

Dr. Weir called Sheppard by his old rank Major.

At least in "Zero Hour" Dr. Jackson corrected himself right away when he called O'Neill Colonel instead of General in front of the Russian.
      I don't see it as a mistake not being in the military means you don't often hear those terms anyway and you would not even think it was a big deal if you forgot the correct title. I wouldn't anyway and my cousin is in the Navy I never call him by his rank, ever!

On the O'Neill thing he will always be Colonel to me. Come to think of it I will probably always call Sheppard, Major too.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmeister
        As mcKay said "It'll take some getting used to"
        Exactly. You're used to saying one title, day in and day out for months or more, it takes time to adjust.

Comment

It's too obvious for them not to have picked up on it... I think it's deliberate too...
          Someone has already raised that question on J.Mallozzi's thread so let's wait for it...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

did you ever think they might just not wanted to re-take the shot?
            i think: the editers saw it but they did not think it was a big deal....

Never forget the power of words, and how it can affect someone's life.
            Always remember there's another person on the other side of the computer.

Comment

Yes, even though she suggested the promotion for him, it lends a little authenticity to the show for her to make a natural mistake like this... Possibly it was deliberate, or even left in, just for that reason.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

IMO i think it was deliberate, i doubt the directors would let it slip like that, I hope it was on purpose or that shows they're really letting things slip...Anyway, I think it's just because Doctor weirs got so used to calling Sheppard major, that she said major for the hell of it. lol

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

it was probably written "Colonel Sheppard" in the script but the actress who plays Wier was so used to "Major" that she accidentally said it.
                  Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I just got to see Duet today and besides the obvious DH-greatness I loved Beckett in that episode. It's nice to see him offworld with the other boys
                    Do you remember? Hopping for our lives. Yeah? All that hopping? Remember hopping for your life? Yeah?! Hop? ... No?

Comment

Hey, why is it that Cadman heard the Wraith dart, but Teyla never sensed that the Wraithy-boy was nearby? I mean, now that she's so atuned to them, shouldn't she been all a'tingle?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiliCheezDip
                        Hey, why is it that Cadman heard the Wraith dart, but Teyla never sensed that the Wraithy-boy was nearby? I mean, now that she's so atuned to them, shouldn't she been all a'tingle?
                        Good question, my fellow food-based friend!

Just how close does Teyla have to be to a Wraith before she can sense it's there? I guess Season 2 is going to be all about Wraith exposition -- maybe they'll tell us more about how her Wraith-sense works?

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                          I don't see it as a mistake not being in the military means you don't often hear those terms anyway and you would not even think it was a big deal if you forgot the correct title. I wouldn't anyway and my cousin is in the Navy I never call him by his rank, ever!

On the O'Neill thing he will always be Colonel to me. Come to think of it I will probably always call Sheppard, Major too.
                          I have a hard time thinking of Carter as anything other than Cpt. Carter! And she's a Colonel now!!
                          Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                            hmm, well, unless I've missed it (and I did read the entire 120 ishposts of the thread ), the scene with DH flipping between McKay and Cadman in the shrinks looked like a direct "homage" to the Gollum scene out of LOTR..... or is that just me?
                            I agree. They did the exact same thing in 'Lifeboat', BTW... It's almost becoming a cliché now.

Loved the episode, though.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It looks like the writers have decided to run with portraying the Teyla/Ronon couple with a battered woman type of dynamic. There's has been absolutely nothing shown of their interactions that would lead to a different conclusion. In addition to shooting, kidnapping, and threatening her when they first met, now Ronon is just blatently using Teyla as a punching bag. And it only makes her want him more.

Let's take a look at what was shown. Teyla finds Ronon in a sparring room and decides that 'hey, why not go a few rounds with my ex kidnapper.. and we'll use weapons,too.' Not only that, but she explicitly tells Ronon not to take it easy. Basically, saying, please hit me harder. And he does. But it doesn't stop there. Nope. Later while she's stretching on her bed guess who strolls into Teyla's bedroom? You'd think that having the guy who sucker punched her a couple hours earlier come into her bedroom would be cause for alarm. Nope. She's into it. And they proceed to share a tender moment.

How could anyone not say that Teyla is acting like she's in an abusive relationship? And exactly what has Ronon done that would make him a likelable guy? He's beat up 3 soldiers, slapped Teyla around, dismissed Weir's authority, and basically told Sheppard the equivilent of 'whatever'. And that's just this episode.

D

Comment

I like 'Major Sheppard' better then 'Colonel Sheppard'... Major just sounds right.....

Never forget the power of words, and how it can affect someone's life.
                                Always remember there's another person on the other side of the computer.

Comment

Working...
                                X