Runner (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
    At the beginning of Runner, Lorne is bending down to look at something on the ground, and the botanist cries out after discovering the Wraith body. The camera snaps up to the botanist too fast for me to tell what on the ground grabbed Lorne's attention. Lorne is attentive to his duties, so I have a hard time believing that Lorne would bend down to look at something that he did not think was potentially important. Does any know what Lorne was looking at on the ground?

Not knowing what Lorne was looking at bugs me everytime I view this episode.
    I watched it yesterday and didn't notice. It's still in the player, I'll see if I can spot it. It may be worth asking in the Lorne thunk thread too, there are some eagle eyes over there!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
      At the beginning of Runner, Lorne is bending down to look at something on the ground, and the botanist cries out after discovering the Wraith body. The camera snaps up to the botanist too fast for me to tell what on the ground grabbed Lorne's attention. Lorne is attentive to his duties, so I have a hard time believing that Lorne would bend down to look at something that he did not think was potentially important. Does any know what Lorne was looking at on the ground?

Not knowing what Lorne was looking at bugs me everytime I view this episode.
      http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...2x03_2034.html

it doesn't really show what lorne is looking at, perhaps blood from the wraith?

Comment

^^^ More than likely tbh...it's too dark to tell

sigpic

Comment

I live this one simply because Ronon is awesome
          sigpic
          Ronon: "If you kill the wraith before i do, i kill you."
          Sheppard: "What if he kills you first?"
          Ronon: "Well then kill ya him..."

Comment

I think it's a great episode all round as many of the characters get a good run out. I love that Lorne gets such a big part in the ep, and the banter between him & Rodney is great!

Ronon is great, liked him from the outset...such a presence on-screen before he'd even spoken. Of course the camera angle in the cave making him look even taller was a great move by the director (was it Brad Wright, not sure. Anyway doesn't really matter lol).

I also thought it was a good episode for Carson because it shows his concerns etc, but the fact that despite all the issues - and danger - he's committed to his profession and goes and does his job!

sigpic

Comment

Carson in particular was excellent in this episode. Other highlights were the Ford/McKay scenes and the overall atmosphere. McLorne was practically born here, too. I was recently reviewing 'Search and Rescue' and reminded myself that there were earlier McKay/Lorne scenes, and the dialogue between the two characters always makes me laugh.

I actually wasn't that big a fan of Ronon in his first appearance. Don't get me wrong, I didn't outright dislike him. It just took me a little bit for him to grow on me, and his personification here was just too... caveman-esque. Literally and figuratively. I realize that a chunk of this is because he didn't know or trust the team in the least, yet, but it just rubbed me the wrong way initially.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                Carson in particular was excellent in this episode. Other highlights were the Ford/McKay scenes and the overall atmosphere. McLorne was practically born here, too. I was recently reviewing 'Search and Rescue' and reminded myself that there were earlier McKay/Lorne scenes, and the dialogue between the two characters always makes me laugh.

I actually wasn't that big a fan of Ronon in his first appearance. Don't get me wrong, I didn't outright dislike him. It just took me a little bit for him to grow on me, and his personification here was just too... caveman-esque. Literally and figuratively. I realize that a chunk of this is because he didn't know or trust the team in the least, yet, but it just rubbed me the wrong way initially.
                I agree, Carson kicked ass. My favorite part was when they found out Ronon had ran off, he picked up the M16 and was prepared to fight to the death
                sigpic
                Ronon: "If you kill the wraith before i do, i kill you."
                Sheppard: "What if he kills you first?"
                Ronon: "Well then kill ya him..."

Comment

LMAO yea i have to agree with Save_Carson that was helariouse he was like OMG HES GONE WTF?!? and yea Hurray FOR RONON best Charactor in the whole stargate series in my opinion hes so bad@$$

Comment

great episode i love the introduction of ronon
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post

I thought the same thing about McLorne when I watched S&R. This was my favorite episode in S2.

In Runner, I especially got a kick out of Rodney's sun anxieties .

Comment

Goodbye Ford.... Hello Ronon.

Ronon FTW!!!

Comment

it took me awile to like ronon but he won me over in the end
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Geneva View Post
                            Lol. Brillant

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                            great episode i love the introduction of ronon
                            Indeed!!

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
                            Goodbye Ford.... Hello Ronon.

Ronon FTW!!!
                            Can't really add to that, lol!
                            Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

i know i was also stumped i had to think of something lol. but i now like ronon better the ford
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Geneva View Post
                                His character has definitely come along way since season 1-2... heck he's come a long way since SG1.

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
                                Can't really add to that, lol!
                                It's aite. Not everyone like Ronon. TPTB definitely could've done more to develop him but I can't say I miss Ford.

Comment

Working...
                                X