Runner (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Oh please. I was kidding. DH has admitted he's a bit like McKay and I decided to take advantage of that. He happens to be my favorite actor on the series and I love him dearly, but if it's easier for you to be grossly offended, then go right ahead.
    Well, I left my mind reading device at home otherwise I might have known you kidding. You stated an opinion - I disagreed with you - sorry that offended you; but if makes you feel better to project - go for it.

Comment

Runner was a great episode. I thought the best scenes were the ones with McKay and Ford. I like what they have done with Ford's character. McKay was funny in this episode. Only a person like McKay would keep track of all the Radiation that he has been exposed to. McKay makes his own sunscreen 100 SPF Ronon seems like a good addition to the Atlantis expedition. I can't wait for the rest of the season 2 episodes to air.
      *AtlantisFan*

McKay: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.
      Sheppard: I shot him.... In the leg.

Ford: How can something as big as Atlantis just sink?
      Sheppard: I'm sure the passengers on the Titanic were asking themselves the same question?!

McKay: You're right- if only we had a magical tool that could slow down time. I foolishly left mine on Earth - did you bring yours?

McKay: I will try, but despite what you all may think, I am not Superman

Comment

I have read the transcript for this one -still gotta wait 2 more months- and really enjoyed this. The interaction between ford and mckay was funny and seems we're gonna have some interesting storys about Ford.
        Dex appears to be an interesting character with an actual past and feelings who's going to be liked.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I thought it was a good ep and it introduced Dex really well. I loved the flashbacks, they were very well done. Rodney with that stupid suit was really funny, but done abit over the top. I felt sorry for Ford, it's not his fault that he's that way and he's so loney, I wish TPTB wouldn't change him so much. I only thing I didn't like about the ep was that it was quite slow alot of the time, it had some action but I would have prefered more. There was too wondering around and talking.
          sigpic

Comment

Do you think Caldwell will say "I told you so," to Sheppard upon returning to Atlantis after "The Hive?"

Edited to add:

I figure that Caldwell being in his mid 50s probably has 15-20 years experience on Sheppard (35-40). He kept referring to "rookie mistakes" in "Conversion." If Caldwell's in his mid-50s, he should be a general by now. Why isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
              Do you think Caldwell will say "I told you so," to Sheppard upon returning to Atlantis after "The Hive?"
              I hope he doesn't take this attitude. I like Caldwell a lot, and I don't want him to turn into just another pain-in-the-butt villain like Kinsey (whom I adored). I think that a lot of fans are judging him very quickly and trying to pin a motivation on the way he's acting. I guess I just have faith that he's a lot more complex than a guy gunning for Shep's job, so I really would not like him to assume that sort of attitude upon their return.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Caldwell did seem rather relieved in Intruder when he worried about Sheppard and McKay in that hanger bay with the doors opening. I noticed a rather relieved expression on his face when he realized Hermiad had put up that force field.

Comment

Great episode. Dex looks like he's going to be an interesting character. His background was incorporated well. I found myself mourning the loss of Ford - I really think this is an interesting twist. Rodney again adds some comic relief - brilliantly of course.

Comment

Stargate Atlantis continues its great start to the season with Runner, with Ford back and a new character in the form of Ronan Dex what more could we want. Mckay was on fine form with the factor 100 sun cream, hazord suit, shooting Ford and Runing away and then getting caught by Dex's trap, some more classic moments to be taken away from this episode. I get the feeling that there are tow factions forming in Atlantis Weir and her crew made up of Sheppard and Co and Caldwells Deadalus posse it was the meeting at the begining and when he left the Deadalus crew were there in waiting for him. Other than that a great episode!!!!

Runner recieves a S.G.C rating of 8 out 9 Chevrons

Comment

I really enjoyed Runner. I like Dex, he's a very promising character, and will add a little action and danger to the team dynamic, I think. Liked Ford, but not as much as in Siege III. I hope Super Ford doesn't get 'old' as the series continues, already I'm wondering how long psyco Ford's character can be further developed. Loved the fight between Ford and Dex though, very impressive. Liked Sheppard in this, I know I always do!, and thought Caldwell was suitably blunt with Sheppard: I like the conflict between them.
                      Liked Lorne, he seems a good character.
                      All in all an exciting episode introducing a character who will admirably fill the void left by Ford.

l
                      sigpic

Comment

I throughly enjoyed 'Runner' it was a fantastic episode. Ronon Dex is an interesting character and i hope to see more of him.
                        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                        LOVE HIM-> DT
                        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Another entertaining episode!

I like Lorne. I like Dex, though he did speak very quietly at times and I couldn't catch what he was saying! I thought 'Fiercey Ford' was great and that fight he had with Dex was really well put together.

I loved the scene with Shep and Caldwell. Sumner was brought up again! Come on 'top brass', give the guy a break!! My 'laugh out loud' moment was Shep's comments and the look on his face when Teyla was trying to free her hands!

Again, the cast were excellent, (I love 'em all!) but I was really impressed with Rainbow. He's really thrown himself into this part!

Yep, season 2 is shaping up well so far!

Comment

Nice ep, but oh man I wish they would leave off with the "narky old-school grumpy old git Colonel who has to be proved wrong by the near perfect Shepherd" every week.

Yawn.

Someone up there in the thread asked why he's not a general by now: not everyone can be a general. Heck, not everyone can be a colonel - and he's old enough to have come up from the ranks (his attitude makes me think that)

But I have to say: Yaaay for Atlantis. I'm enjoying it a lot.
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

1. A good job was done on Ford.

2. First impressions of Dex? Ice cold. Both he and addict-Ford came accross as cocky guys but Dex was ice-cool with it while Ford was completely the oppisite.

3. Caldwell just came accross as professional but cold here.

Best wishes on the Wraith ship Aiden.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Quite liked this episode, really interesting developement with Ford. He almost seems like a child. Ronan was cool, looking forward to seeing more of him. McKay was funny...as always. Good episode. Nice to see Atlantis has been keeping a constant pace.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X