No announcement yet.

The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, that's right! You UK folks are just getting these episodes. I liked all of the bits that you mentioned as well, and I had the same reaction to the hug as well -- not necessarily shippy. It's good to see you posting your thoughts. Hope it lived up to the hype of season two!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
      5. The Ford Wraith thing went pretty smoothly, I'm just running on the assumption that Ford got given the Ancient gene at some point.
      Well, I'm pretty sure that after the events of 'Hot Zone'
      Spoiler:
      the episode with the nano-virus that only killed humans and wouldn't harm those with the Ancient gene,
      Ford probably jumped to get that Ancient gene, just in case somthin' like that happened again.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

He doesn't have the gene! This has been explained so many times it's gettin rediculous, he simply stole the activated Jumper of the one Radek Zelenka was working on, activated the gate and the jumper whent into automatic, the Jumper is most lilely stranded on the other side of the gate now, ford having dumped it and gone to another world.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I still choose to think he does have the gene that he got after Hot Zone, but we'll leave that to other eps to explain. I didn't manage to see all of it becase me and my family were having dinner and they're not a big fan o T.V. in general. Anyway I loved it all. I liked how they explained Fords transformation and I loved the effect where they had the nuke go off and you could see Atlantis directly under it with its sield protecting it. The only weird thing is the rail guns that were brought down in season one had blue blasts but on dedalus there orange. Speaking of which, Daedalus is just as cool as I expected.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
            He doesn't have the gene! This has been explained so many times it's gettin rediculous, he simply stole the activated Jumper of the one Radek Zelenka was working on, activated the gate and the jumper whent into automatic, the Jumper is most lilely stranded on the other side of the gate now, ford having dumped it and gone to another world.
            It not just that you need the gene to activate the Jumper you need it to phsyically fly it and I'm prety certain it isn't on automatic whenever Shep flys it into the gate room.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I finally got to see Siege III last night, and I really enjoyed it.

I thought the fx were fantastic! Especially the Daedalus landing! Wow! I think I've fallen in love with that ship!
              Loved the pretty fireworks as the wraith weapons hit the city shield.
              Loved the nuclear 'mushroom' too. Really cool!
              I laughed myself sensless when McKay's clip fell from his gun, very funny and very McKay!
              I also loved Sheppard's interaction with Everett; I thought that it was nice to see some poingnancy in the episode as well as action and humour.
              As for the hug, well it was just a hug in my opinion, and I liked it.
              I liked Ford's transformation, but wonder if it will get a little old quickly?
              Only 2 things I wasn't quite convinced about.Firstly, Teyla connecting with the wraith and them not questioning why she was doing this. Surely they wouldn't have just believed her about destroying the city? Also why weren't the wraith suspicious that their scans didn't show any debris from Atlantis's destruction?
              Those are just 2 small niggles in an otherwise excellent and satisfying episode.
              I'm looking forward to more, and wasn't disappointed by the conclusion to the the Siege trilogy.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                I still choose to think he does have the gene that he got after Hot Zone, but we'll leave that to other eps to explain. I didn't manage to see all of it becase me and my family were having dinner and they're not a big fan o T.V. in general. Anyway I loved it all. I liked how they explained Fords transformation and I loved the effect where they had the nuke go off and you could see Atlantis directly under it with its sield protecting it. The only weird thing is the rail guns that were brought down in season one had blue blasts but on dedalus there orange. Speaking of which, Daedalus is just as cool as I expected.

Originally posted by P-90_177
                It not just that you need the gene to activate the Jumper you need it to phsyically fly it and I'm prety certain it isn't on automatic whenever Shep flys it into the gate room.
                Ford doesn't have the ancient gene at all. It be asked & answered a million times already. Even Martin Gero felt the need to post to clarify it properly.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...on+martin+gero

Comment

Ok this was an ok episode but the main feel of it to me was rushed. there were too many things going on at one time. Although the effects were something to be proud of, and cloaking the city effects were amazing.

Overall a good start to the second series.
                  STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                  legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                    He doesn't have the gene! This has been explained so many times it's gettin rediculous,
                    It is new to those who are just now seeing the start of season 2 and who have avoided spoiler type discussions on the topic. It is now their turn to discuss what is new to them......and for those of us who want to continue to discuss these items and bring attention to what has been discussed previously several months ago....nothing rediculous in that.

Comment

As someone, who has avoided spoilers for this season and generally avoided this are of the forum altogether, I really enjoyed this episode. And yes, we all sat and discussed HOW Ford could have used the jumper so thanks to the above posters (and Marin Gero ) for the explanation!
                      Rodney gets a special mention from me again for his sheer comic value. His character is superb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sha're
                        As someone, who has avoided spoilers for this season and generally avoided this are of the forum altogether, I really enjoyed this episode. And yes, we all sat and discussed HOW Ford could have used the jumper so thanks to the above posters (and Marin Gero ) for the explanation!
                        Rodney gets a special mention from me again for his sheer comic value. His character is superb.
                        So glad you liked it! It's tough to avoid spoilers, though I try my best as well, so kudos to you. And that scene with Rodney is just precious, as are his moments with Teyla -- he is just too wonderful for words.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. It's a nice action episode, with some good story developments. I'm sure the thing with Ford is going to be interesting as is the series how having the Deadaelus.

Although I didn't think Wier looked worried enough during Fords tantrum.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Great start to the Season IMHO, action packed which can only mean the rest of the season is going to be the same ! , I am a little sad to be seeing Ford gone, but with the ZPM, Deadalus, new personel, its going to be a great year in tems of story developments, A classic moment there with Mckay standing up to the Wraith only for his gun to fall to bits Im sure its a moment we will remeber down the line!

The Siege Part III gets a S.G.C rating of 8 out of 9 Chevrons

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                              I really enjoyed this episode. It's a nice action episode, with some good story developments. I'm sure the thing with Ford is going to be interesting as is the series how having the Deadaelus.

Although I didn't think Wier looked worried enough during Fords tantrum.
                              I thought Weir gave Ford an almost repulsed look in one scene, as if she didn't quite know what to make of him. She definitely looked as though she didn't trust him and wanted out of the way. In all fairness to the character though she probably had more important things on her mind and wanted to deal with Ford's problems after the wraith had been dealt with.She couldn't let personal feelings or concerns for Ford cloud other issues,I suppose.
                              sigpic

Comment

Gotta say I loved this episode! There was a heck of a lot jammed into it and it went really quickly...but that's OK...'cos it means I can watch it again to pick up all the bits that whizzed by me!

Everyone had something to do in this story. There was humour, excitement and some very touching scenes. Rainbow was very good as the corrupted Ford...and Shep looked shattered that this had happened to his friend. I'm going to be interested to see what happens next with those two. McKay was...well, McKay! " You have to protect me at all costs...I mean the Z.P.M." (or words to that effect!). S'funny!! Caldwell looks like he's going to be good to watch...didn't see any animosity between him, Shep and Weir yet...but that's to come I expect. They're showing a softer side to Elizabeth now...and I loved the hug! Shep was surprised by that. That was good acting from Joe and Torri there. A bit of awkwardness between the two characters...let's see where things end up...if anywhere!

The writing was good and the special effects...so, all in all, a top notch episode.

Finally...my fangirl moment...how does Joe Flanigan manage to get sexier with each new episode?!! Blimey, that man is SOOO drop dead gorgeous!!

Comment

Working...
                                X