The Brotherhood (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMForeman
    2.) I think Dr. Zelenka has a crush on Dr. Weir.
    People probably won't like me mentioning it but a friend of mine I was dscussing the ep with suggested that Zelenka was acting like that because he observed the way McKay/Weir interact, which might in a way imply some shippiness there but I guess its far more likely Zelenka just isn't used to speaking directly to her without McKay cutting in or that the writers are indeed setting up a Zelenka crush on Weir - which would still be quite cute addition.

Comment

I don't think that Zelenka is trying to copy McKay's way of behaving with Weir, but I can easily accept that he's not used to not getting interrupted. Or he's just so distracted by his own thoughts that he doesn't realize he's still walking with her.

I just think the crush thing would be a bit of cute, harmless fun.

Comment

I can buy that he was distracted and just kept walking by accident. I've done that too many times with friends. I often end up on the other side of the building from where I should be before one of us asks 'Hey, wait a minute, where are YOU going, I'm just following you.'

I think the crush thing would be cute too. We probably won't know for sure until season 2 becuase the only other episode Zelenka is in is Seige pt2, and I imagine they would be busy with impending attack and such like then.
        ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
          yes b/c that would would fit in very nicely....unless one drops one in the episode but providing that doesnt occur, then i say yes.

i agree. atlantis is having great flow and continutiy between the episodes and that of linking a past episode to a presetn and weaving the story lines togeteher. and ill be blasphamous and say that they are doing it better than they are doing it in SG1 lately.
          Yeah, I love that continuity as well

@Weir/Zelenka
          I think he was just distracted and kept walking - nevertheless I agree it would be quite cute

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
            I love the flow from one episode to another in the second half of season 1 of Atlantis it’s really well thought out.
            Originally posted by keppiezbt
            i agree. atlantis is having great flow and continutiy between the episodes and that of linking a past episode to a presetn and weaving the story lines togeteher. and ill be blasphamous and say that they are doing it better than they are doing it in SG1 lately.
            I think you've hit the nail on the head... that I think is Atlantis' real strength.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by joanne1138
              I can buy that he was distracted and just kept walking by accident. I've done that too many times with friends. I often end up on the other side of the building from where I should be before one of us asks 'Hey, wait a minute, where are YOU going, I'm just following you.'
              I'll have to watch it again, but I think Zelenka just kept walking with Weir because she's the boss, and when you're the employee (whatever) you just don't leave without getting permission.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                Do you think "Potentia" was possibly what the Ancients called ZPM's, or was it just something that The Brotherhood of 15 called it?
                Potentia sounds like a good bet, being that it's Latin for "power, might, ability; efficacy, potency"

IMO when the wraith dart was scanning Atlantis does anyone else think it may have
                Spoiler:
                dropped a wraith spy in Atlantis the one they find in season final
                I'm doubting that will come to be true.

Overall this was a great ep, I loved McKay's "You all have guns. Give me a knife."

Comment

IMO when the wraith dart was scanning Atlantis does anyone else think it may have
                  Spoiler:
                  dropped a wraith spy in Atlantis the one they find in season final
                  Thats a interesting idea. That "scanning beam" looked a lot like the beams that pick people up from the surface and transport them to the ships so perhaps it can also drop people down. The whole scanning idea might have just been a mistake as to what the scout was doing. Why would they even need to scan Atlantis since they would still have lots of data on the city from when they were fighting the Ancients 10,000 years ago.
                  Last edited by Carbito; 07 January 2005, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbito
                    Thats a interesting idea. THat "scanning beam" looked a lot like the beams that pick people up from the surface and transport them to the ships so perhaps it can also drop people down. The whole scanning idea might have just been a mistake as to what the scout was doing. Why would they even need to scan Atlantis since they would still have lots of data on the city from when they were fighting the Ancients 10,000 years ago.
                    maybe they just wanted to know how many people were there, what power levels they had....and how big lunch was going to be when they arrived
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I havent read all the replys on this ep, but does anyone else think that the writers had just finished The Davinci Code when they wrote this one?

Not that i'm complaining, it was an entertaining episode

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                      DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Granted, it's been a while since I read Code, but it never once crossed my mind during the ep. I was thinking more of Indiana Jones or something a little more... classic. Less trendy. Although knowing TPTB, it's quite possible they ARE that short-thinking.

Comment

Let's all give it up for Ford! Who had his most bad ass moment of the series in this ep!

Pretends to be tranqued (might have been only a little), then does his best to take on Coyla and his goons. He's outnumbered and a little drunk, but he did ok.

Yeah this episode was great. The twist with the girl really ticked me off though.

Comment

Yea, good for ford. Right now i think he is the most underdeveloped character. I know its VERY early, but i hope they do it soon. I like him, don't want him to be 'Kes-ed' (From Voyager... just never got developed and eventually written out)

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                            DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Good point. I was very proud of Ford for that ruse, and glad that the writers FINALLY let him do something cool. Now, if they'd just remember to give him more dialogue and more involved storylines, we'll be all set.

Comment

I think one of the best parts of the episode (which is pretty McKay centric anyway) was the way he dealt with Kolya this time round, more or less taking the arm comment in his stride and not even flinching when he was handed that curvy knife (looking much like the one he got tortured with).
                                His character seems to have grown alot since The Storm/the Eye and obviously can handle stressful situation with less panic and even some strategic thinking - must have learnt alot form Weir and Sheppard in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                                X