No announcement yet.

The Brotherhood (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hated the end of that episode where that wench steals the ZPM they worked so hard to find. Don't you think they ought to get cute ascended chick to ask the brotherhood to give atlantis the ZPM. She could just go with sheppard and do the thing where she lights up like energy and they could get the ZPM and protect Atlantis. Makes me sick.

Comment

That would make us different from the goa'uld/wraith/genii how...?

Comment

Oh, look at the spoilers in the thread title.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by easyskank
          I really hated the end of that episode where that wench steals the ZPM they worked so hard to find. Don't you think they ought to get cute ascended chick to ask the brotherhood to give atlantis the ZPM. She could just go with sheppard and do the thing where she lights up like energy and they could get the ZPM and protect Atlantis. Makes me sick.
          Talk like that wont make you many friends on this forum

For once I actually agree with aAnubiSs

have a look at http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...q_spoilerspace
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

i think they could have done more to stop them from taking it.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

even if they do kill them how willl they find the HIDDEN zpm
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

im not saying they do kill them, that would be stupid. they just have to prove to them that they have a ritful claim to the ZPM, and surely they would have elft clues like the original brotherhood did?

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Seeing as there is no spoiler warning in the thread title I'm going to put all this in spoilers just in case.
                  Spoiler:
                  I can't believe that Rodney didn't actually try harder to get the ZPM. I'm not advocating killing them, but if the Atlantis team are ever going to make their stay in the Pegasus galaxy work then they've got to assert the fact that they are the descendents of the ancients. I mean they could have at least told the Brotherhood of how people like Sheppard have the ATA gene and are quite probably descendents of the ancients. The genii are right in the fact that it appears to people in the Pegasus galaxy that the Atlantis team don't have any more right to Atlantis than they do. I think they need to assert this connection more; not kill people who can't see it.
                  The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                  The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                  Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                  Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                  Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Dude. SPOILERS. And maybe try getting this into the right folder next time. This is an Atlantis S1 subject, not Gen Disc.

The Atlantis crew acts with honor as much as possible. That's a concept you probably aren't familiar with, but for better or worse, that's the way the Atlantis crew is and personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. A little gray area now and again is fine, but outright murder and piracy should hopefully be beneath them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Dude. SPOILERS. And maybe try getting this into the right folder next time. This is an Atlantis S1 subject, not Gen Disc.

The Atlantis crew acts with honor as much as possible. That's a concept you probably aren't familiar with, but for better or worse, that's the way the Atlantis crew is and personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. A little gray area now and again is fine, but outright murder and piracy should hopefully be beneath them.
                      well said
                      love Torri

Comment

I think they should repice with deplited one a fake one. And they won't know any wiser.
                        i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

it rightfully belongs to the Brotherhood, who are we to steal it? if we were gonna start doing that, we coulda just kept the one from Childhoods End.

Comment

now that would be cruel
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                              now that would be cruel
                              Spoiler:
                              Ford does suggest it in Letters From Pegasus, but I don't think he was too keen on the idea.

What I didn't like was that we've been backstabbed by every people in the Pegasus galaxy. We've managed to make a few friends but nothing major. Why aren't we plugging the fact that we are the ancients descendents and that things like the ZPM and Atlantis are rightfully our inheritance. I don't think they should ever kill for something like this because that would show us as being less like the ancients.
                              The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                              The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                              Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                              Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                              Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Well they have definatly been building up the whole Gen'ii arc into the Brotherhood, andit is almost cirtain the Gen'ii are central to the new Brotherhood, as those soldiers who you talked about were using Gen'ii weapons. I suspect, as much as the morality of the situation and of the person who first asked, is in question, that we also consider, the Brotherhood as a major force with the power of the Gen'ii's plotting and scheming on their side, you can't simply strole in and kill everyone and take the ZPM.

The Brotherhood, although seeming initially like a pathetic world that is being greedy, seems to be on the side, and under the influence of the Gen'ii, and as such is not a simple enemy.

Comment

Working...
                                X