Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonzey
    They need them to power the city.
    Yeah, but they could go without power for a few days until the Daedalus drops off new supplies. Also, wouldn't Everett have brought a load more with him, maybe not of the suped up ones, but he should have brought a few spares. Besides which would you rather lose, power for a few days or Sheppard?
    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Umm... have I missed something? Has this episode already aired? The release date in the guide says 05.03.25 and I've not seen it yet.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/120.shtml
      A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
      The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

Comment

I assume that the awkward silence after my question means one of three things:
        a) I have asked a very stupid question and that my answer lies within the silence.
        b) No one is reading this thread anymore.
        c) People are ignoring me for some reason.

My guess is (a).
        A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
        The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

Comment

Originally posted by zen.monki
          I assume that the awkward silence after my question means one of three things:
          a) I have asked a very stupid question and that my answer lies within the silence.
          b) No one is reading this thread anymore.
          c) People are ignoring me for some reason.

My guess is (a).
          It's aired elsewhere. Like in the U.K and in Canada and other people have downloaded the eps from the net.
          ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
          FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

OK...a week after it aired in the UK...I finally get my hands on this ep!

1. Add my name to the 'Everett should be a Wraith snack' list

2. So...the Atlantis crew decide try and blag a nuke off the Genii - given the circumstances, not that bad an idea! Slight problem, namely the Genii! Weir STILL managed to blag the nuke though. Drink well earned!

3. Big up to the VFX crew! Smooth work!

4. Like Sheppard's monologue at the end.

5. Who exactly was this ep supposed to be in memory of?
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Anyone know when season 2 (And hence Siege Pt.3) airs?
              Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

I was watching season 4 of Babylon 5 recently and there is an episode (epp. 10 0r 11 I think) that has the actor who plays Col. Everett as the second in command of the Mars resistance and his voice was almost the same.
                Life Too Short to drink bad coffee!

Any man smart enough to understand women is also smart enough to keep quiet about it

Comment

well even though i haven't seen it yet (airs this friday) I have read some of the transcript and i and just so excited. I can't wait to see it. But i just hate when they end a season on a to be continued. It makes waiting for the summer so much more unbearable.
                  Mckay: ha you just admited that i know more than you.
                  Mckay: well i kind of used the whole tape.
                  Proud memeber of the Mckay appreciation club.

Comment

also how big is the new flag ship of the earth fleet compared to promethse

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhelmet
                      also how big is the new flag ship of the earth fleet compared to promethse
                      We don't actually get to see it. It hasn't arrived by the end - something else we have to wait for!

Comment

It was pretty stupid of them to use the nuke mines against the Wraith since they used a similar tactic against the Goa'uld and failed.

Comment

yah i agree also i kind of like the new military guy. i seem to like that i know what i am going and i can do it kind of acting

Comment

I actually enjoyed Col. Everett. I always enjoy the adversaries, they always bring life to the other characters. I also liked how he asked Mckay how long it was since he last slept (I am also wondering..was LFP the last time?). Did anyone happen to notice that David Orth had a guest appearance?! As long as they don't kill Zelenka or Beckett off, I'm happy!! I'd say all of my other favs are safe Despite my dislike for the Genii, I still enjoyed this ep. It was pretty good..
                            "And what would humans be without love?"
                            "RARE," said Death.
                            --Discworld

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the stargate]
                            Emory: Isn't that the Starga--
                            Oglethorpe: No! It's the Fargate! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've ever seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!
                            Emory: But--
                            Oglethorpe: No, it's a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!
                            --Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Comment

Everett is actually a pretty good character. Very realistic. I like how they didn't just shove him into the "hard-headed marine bigot" stereotype, although it seemed like that would be the case when the episode began.
                              Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

Great episode. Probably the best out of the entire season, IMO.

One question: Did Teyla shoot those men? Or was she kidnapped? I think she shot them.

Also,
                                Spoiler:
                                is this were Ford gets experimented on into becoming a new breed of Wraith-Human super soldier?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                                X