No announcement yet.

The Siege, Part 2 (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was away last night travelling and my TiVo cr@pp#d out and I didn't get the final minutes of "The Siege II"

I got everything until Shepard flies up in the jumper with the Genii nuke and cloaks the ship.

Can some one PLEASE give em the rest of the story from there.

I hate Tivo when the times don't match !!!

Thank you for the help !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex D
      I hate Tivo when the times don't match !!!
      Then record from two minutes before to two minutes after.
      This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

P90's were in use against Darts.

However one must take into consideration the fact that the P90's themselves are armor piercing rounds that can be fired at at least a thousand feet per second, with an easy reload system. Enough P90's being fired at an object will result in said object suffering heavy damage.

What they should've brought were some vulcan cannons...now /those/ are some real anti-aircraft low altitude guns.

---
        Oh...and the person who got all spazzy about how I was "They might(Look at that word! OH MY!) know how to detect cloaked Ancient ships because they have a puddle jumper"?

Calm down. It's just a TV show.

Comment

Episode was well-done and well-acted, but I guess the little niggles are getting in the way.

For one thing, I kept wondering why they didn't bring the ZPM with them through the gate. I don't remember hearing (and I admit, I could have missed it) that they were using it to open the gate to Atlantis--if they've powered up the naquadah reactors that much, they could have used that to power the gate. Especially as Jack was able to build a device to open the gate to another galaxy with just the power source in Teal'c's staff weapon--I got the impression it was already on its way on the Daedalus. If they'd brought it, problem over.

And it's also made me wonder why they haven't looked through the Atlantis database to see if there are any instructions on making one of their own. Yes, maybe they wouldn't understand, or have the necessary elements, but have we ever seen them even looking for the "manual"? (Again, it might be something I've missed; some Atlantis eps *have* had me nodding off).

(BTW, why is McKay always berating Beckett about the chair? If he had the artificially altered gene--and I still truly hate that idea--then why doesn't *he* just use it.)

I thought the mines were absurd. Space is 3-dimensional--something TPTB have never grasped (they should check out BSG for lessons on this)--There's no reason why the Wraith ships have to go anywhere near them.

I thought Everett's attitude at the beginning was also ridiculous. Yes, I know that they were setting it up for him "see the light", but for an experienced field officer to come into a situation that he knows nothing about and to basically ignore everyone who would have pertinent information to impart made him look more arrogant; it made him look stupid (TPTB did the same thing in one of the worst SG1 eps, Enemy Mine. Col. Edwards was way too stupid to have made colonel).

Which was only confirmed by his actions at the end: OK, generally you go for a torso shot because it's bigger and easier to hit, especially on a moving target. But if your enemy is standing two feet away from you and you put two shots into his chest and all he does is stagger, why don't you even *try* a head shot? Let's see if the Wraith can survive that!

Then of course, for no particular reason, suddenly the generators aren't working right, so we have to have a suicide run.

The ep just left me cold.

J.
          "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

You know what ticks me off? The berets. Marines don't wear berets, they think they're "foreign" and "feminine". What's worse, the crew had the audacity to give those marines maroon berets, which are reserved for US Army airborne troops.

I know most of the people who do the behind the scenes work are Canadian and Hollywood types, and that comes with a certain ignorance about anything military, but I wonder if it'd be too hard to do some fracking research.

Comment

Can't comment on the color, but O'Neil in the original movie wore a beret, and he was definitely American military. I'm pretty sure he was a Marine, too, but I don't have a copy of the movie to double check.

http://sgdb.theaquaria.net/movie/pho...20-%200130.jpg

http://www.bilbocine.com/stargate.jpg

Comment

*snickers* Unless TACPs are part of the USAF's Special Operations Command, he's an REMF. Yep, Hollywood ignorance knows no bounds.

Anyway, my point is that those "marines" haven't earned the right to wear the maroon beret. Even if we stick to the context of the show, they're all jarheads and therefor unworthy of having such an honor grace their overthick skulls.
                Last edited by BringerOfLight; 26 March 2005, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Preston
                  P90's were in use against Darts.

However one must take into consideration the fact that the P90's themselves are armor piercing rounds that can be fired at at least a thousand feet per second, with an easy reload system. Enough P90's being fired at an object will result in said object suffering heavy damage.

What they should've brought were some vulcan cannons...now /those/ are some real anti-aircraft low altitude guns.

---
                  Oh...and the person who got all spazzy about how I was "They might(Look at that word! OH MY!) know how to detect cloaked Ancient ships because they have a puddle jumper"?

Calm down. It's just a TV show.
                  P90's are Personal Defense Weapons. In other words for use at close range not low flying aircraft. The cartridge is designed to be armor piercing but with a 10 inch barrel the bullet won't have enough velocity by time it reaches the aircraft to penetrate and even if it does pierce the skin of the ship it won't penetrate deep enough to damage any criticl systems.

Also another little opps did anyone notice when the Colonel pulled his sidearm he got off about 8 shots then he seemed to run out of ammo.The Beretta 92 holds 15rds. Why would the Colonel go into combat with out a proper weapons load out?

Just for the record I don't think some of use are complaining just to be jackass's but as someone else pointed out out it can't be that hard to research this stuff.
                  Last edited by Yukmouth; 26 March 2005, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Can't comment on the color, but O'Neil in the original movie wore a beret, and he was definitely American military. I'm pretty sure he was a Marine, too, but I don't have a copy of the movie to double check.

no, i'm pretty sure o'neil said that he was with the air force, but i'm not sure either.

ok, i'm just going to butt in really quickly and say that the seige part 2 was awesome, and that it provided us with an unparallelled light show of epic porportions. (AWESOME)
                    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Yukmouth, the maximum effective range of a P90 is 200 meters, if a Dart is hit by a burst from a P90 it will penetrate, unless the Dart's skin is some kind of ubermetal (which we know it isn't.)

Comment

Originally posted by BringerOfLight
                        Yukmouth, the maximum effective range of a P90 is 200 meters, if a Dart is hit by a burst from a P90 it will penetrate, unless the Dart's skin is some kind of ubermetal (which we know it isn't.)
                        200 meters against kevlar. What ever those darts are made of I'm going to say its better than kevlar.

Comment

Okay, I am getting *really* confused why you folks are nitpicking the realism of the attire and weapons choice when this is a work of *fiction*.

If you're going to criticize the episode, criticize something with a little relevance to the actual show, like..I dunno, the plot, the dialogue, or the acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukmouth
                            Also another little opps did anyone notice when the Colonel pulled his sidearm he got off about 8 shots then he seemed to run out of ammo.The Beretta 92 holds 15rds. Why would the Colonel go into combat with out a proper weapons load out?

Just because he only had 8 shots to use doesn't mean he didn't start out w/ a full clip. He probably used them in the fight and either ran out of ammo or wasn't able to reload yet.
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                              Episode was well-done and well-acted, but I guess the little niggles are getting in the way.

For one thing, I kept wondering why they didn't bring the ZPM with them through the gate. I don't remember hearing (and I admit, I could have missed it) that they were using it to open the gate to Atlantis--if they've powered up the naquadah reactors that much, they could have used that to power the gate. Especially as Jack was able to build a device to open the gate to another galaxy with just the power source in Teal'c's staff weapon--I got the impression it was already on its way on the Daedalus. If they'd brought it, problem over.
                              When Jack made the Staff weapion reactor thing it waso nly used to jump start wormhole until it could draw power from the Asgard planet. If the SGC hooked up the reactors and tried to power it up they would only have a wormhole for a few seconds liek in LFP.

And it's also made me wonder why they haven't looked through the Atlantis database to see if there are any instructions on making one of their own. Yes, maybe they wouldn't understand, or have the necessary elements, but have we ever seen them even looking for the "manual"? (Again, it might be something I've missed; some Atlantis eps *have* had me nodding off).
                              The data base is huge. Plus they have to translate it. Its not like they can translate and go through the whole database in a few days.

(BTW, why is McKay always berating Beckett about the chair? If he had the artificially altered gene--and I still truly hate that idea--then why doesn't *he* just use it.)
                              Because he needs to look at the stuff that happens when someone sits in it and figure out the data. Plus maybe the chair is harder to work so is easier with someone who has the gene directly.

I thought Everett's attitude at the beginning was also ridiculous. Yes, I know that they were setting it up for him "see the light", but for an experienced field officer to come into a situation that he knows nothing about and to basically ignore everyone who would have pertinent information to impart made him look more arrogant; it made him look stupid (TPTB did the same thing in one of the worst SG1 eps, Enemy Mine. Col. Edwards was way too stupid to have made colonel).
                              I just didn't like Everett in general. Everything about him bugged me.

Which was only confirmed by his actions at the end: OK, generally you go for a torso shot because it's bigger and easier to hit, especially on a moving target. But if your enemy is standing two feet away from you and you put two shots into his chest and all he does is stagger, why don't you even *try* a head shot? Let's see if the Wraith can survive that!
                              Well see how calm you are when a beast that can suck the life out of you in seconds is walking towards you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                                Okay, I am getting *really* confused why you folks are nitpicking the realism of the attire and weapons choice when this is a work of *fiction*.

If you're going to criticize the episode, criticize something with a little relevance to the actual show, like..I dunno, the plot, the dialogue, or the acting.

In the US Army the only berets that are a color other than black are worn by a select few, people who've gone through rigorous, voluntary training to become the elite of the world's foremost army. Marines are tough troops in their own right, but they don't rate a maroon beret (nor tan or green, come to that.)

Comment

Working...
                                X