The Siege, Part 1 (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    No it is a city it's not a huge lab it's the lost city of atlantis. Complete with jumper bay, gate room and a whole lot of other things that don't qualify as labs.
    I don't mean literally a lab. But it is a place where they're studying pretty much everything about it. Like in a lab.

Nyah, makes sense to me. Anyone else getting this?
    *gasp* There are words here!

Is a proud member of the fanfiction-writing community. Want to read my stories? No problem. You can find my ff.net profile here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/829584/

I warn you though, I tend to focus a lot on minor characters. Especially Grodin. Don't ask; it's like the end of 'the Seige part 1' spurred a rise in the plot-bunny population, and most of them decided to jump on me.

Comment

I guess not.
      sigpic

Comment

IT's easy really Atlantis is a city with rooms off it, theres labs sleeping quarters etc. And well uniform is what they have to wear on or off duty walking around atlantis whatever they wish in there room. Simple concept to understand....

Comment

Good Episode. I'm actually seeing this in order. It's amazing!!!!!
          I like Bob the Wraith. I now have made up a song about all of the wraith that are well know in Atlantis. That just shows how bored I am.

Anyways GO BOB!!! (even though he got killed)

Comment

loved the episode, is one of my many favorites from season one.....

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
            Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
            http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

this episode is up there with one of the best finale's of the franchise imo

Comment

ancient defence satellite seemed a little lasrt minute 11th hour thing even though it dint qwork completely

Comment

I felt this episode really set up a great finale. I was sad to see Grodin die, I had forgotten how he passed. I would have thought that the satellite would have warrented further investigation as soon as it was discovered, and not left until they needed it.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Good episode but so sad about Grodin
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Grodin was one of my favorite guest characters. The whole satellite thing was quite cool IMO.
                      sigpic

Comment

I was sad seeing Grodin gone. He was a good side character. As others said the satellite seemed to be a bit of a last minute thing.

It was a great episode but I have some minor complain. Why do they have to downgrade both ancients and wraiths. Rodney says "Keep in mind that the Ancient technology was far superior -- they only lost the war because they were vastly outnumbered."

Come on, the reason why the ancients lost was because they were outnumbered?
                        Spoiler:
                        Yeah I know about the cloning thing. But soldiers aren't doing you any good if you have no means to use them like more ships for example?!

If their technology was so far superior, I'm sure they could have pulled winning the war off.
                        It is also inconsistent with what we heard in
                        Rising 1: Never before had we encountered beings with powers that rivalled our own.
                        Before I Sleep: a vicious, formidable enemy whose power and technology rivalled their own.

From this you really have to conclude that the wraith could put up a fairly equal fight against the ancient. It would have made a lot more sense if the ancient lost because they were outnumbered by an almost technological equal enemy and that they had only two advantages, their powerful shield and the cloaking technology. But that wasn't enough to defeat the wraith only to hold them off a bit.

Edit:We clearly see that Bob is using the radio and that's how he knows they're coming. But then he should also know that there is a second team behind him. Why doesn't he take preventive measures for that? That's really bugging me as well as
                        Spoiler:
                        the fact they don't show what Bob has been doing in the last two weeks.
                        Last edited by Skie; 22 March 2011, 12:58 AM.
                        Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRising View Post
                          I just finished watching it about 30 minutes ago. I was pleased with it though I was saddened at the loss of a valued member of the Atlantis Expedition!
                          If you mean Ford I agree but Ronon is a LOT BETTER
                          sigpic
                          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                            If you mean Ford I agree but Ronon is a LOT BETTER
                            And a lot more cute.
                            But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

Yeah, I agree, the satellite thing was a bit of a surprise, although I was pleased that they revisited that particular plot point and had a convincing reason for doing so. It was bittersweet to see Grodin die, but it really drove up the stakes for the episode and what might've happened in the next episode
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                                ancient defence satellite seemed a little lasrt minute 11th hour thing even though it dint qwork completely
                                While i admit it did seem a little last minute, that it still took out 1 hive showed the power of the lanteans weaponry.

I felt this episode really set up a great finale. I was sad to see Grodin die, I had forgotten how he passed. I would have thought that the satellite would have warrented further investigation as soon as it was discovered, and not left until they needed it.
                                It was very sad he died.. IMO he was one of the best 2nd string actors for SGA.

Comment

Working...
                                X