The Siege, Part 1 (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    My guess would be because they only had one spacesuit.

On that topic, where in the heck did they get it? Was it already on the PJ? Did they bring it from Earth? If so, why did they bring a spacesuit to Atlantis, since we haven't seen any SG1 missions that required one before (have we?)? Also, why did they bring only one?

"Rodders"...hee
    In SG-1's "Fail-Safe" Teal'c and O'Neill have spacesuits. So that's at least two.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
      ''that wraith from 'The Defiant One' didn't seem to have any qualms about eating those insects.''

I took it as he didn't want his position given away to shep because of the insects following him. Remember shep throwing a chocolate bar or something to get rid of them so the wraith couldn't spot him hiding behind the rock?
      Ooh, good point. I hadn't thought about eating something to get rid of it...silly me!

Comment

Originally posted by Avalar
        The longer you have to wait, the sweeter it is when you see it. Then again, it's sweet regardless.
        Still mean to tease us, though. Thus far I've managed to resist reading the transcript. Don't make me give in!!!

Comment

It's not really the transcript that is so impressive about the episode, although there is absolutely no problem with the dialogue.
          Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

Yeah, but it's the next best thing. And when you combine screen captures with the transcript...well, it still sucks, but it's at least somewhat close.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
              In SG-1's "Fail-Safe" Teal'c and O'Neill have spacesuits. So that's at least two.
              Also, at the beginning of "Message in a Bottle", I think the episode's name was. With the ball that shoots out a rod and sticks O'Neill into the wall of the gate room.

For someone who mentioned Bates' branch on a previous page: I think all the soldiers in Atlantis besides Sheppard are Marines.
              aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                How could anybody think Teyla beat up Bates when she didn't even have a scratch on her when Sheppard and Ford were questioning her? And why was Sheppard letting Ford do the questioning? For practice?
                I wondered, too, about Ford questioning Teyla. Plus, he's been a little less easy-going and more suspicious of Teyla lately. Maybe they're setting him up for next season in his sort-of-diminished role.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  My guess would be because they only had one spacesuit.

On that topic, where in the heck did they get it? Was it already on the PJ? Did they bring it from Earth? If so, why did they bring a spacesuit to Atlantis, since we haven't seen any SG1 missions that required one before (have we?)? Also, why did they bring only one?

"Rodders"...hee
                  I figure they took spacesuits just in case to prepare for any contigency, and have such a limited number that they only sent them up w/ one since it likely would've only taken one person to get everything back online anyway.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

unfortunatly my dvr failed to record the siege part 1 does anybody know when it will air again in the USA on the sci fi channel??

Thanks

Comment

I only watch SGA because I am a SG-1 fan and my thirst for knowledge is great. So I put up with watching the show just so I know more about the Ancients and such. SGA isn't even close to being as good as SG-1. There were only a handful of episodes of SGA that I liked. I hope part 2 is very good, because this part was alright. I keep hoping this series will get better, but sometimes I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe
                        I figure they took spacesuits just in case to prepare for any contigency, and have such a limited number that they only sent them up w/ one since it likely would've only taken one person to get everything back online anyway.
                        Hmm...so they may have more than one suit on Atlantis but they just took one to the satellite. Makes sense. I wonder if we'll ever see them again, or if they were a one time use sort of thing.

For that matter, I wonder if they brought any SCUBA gear...

Comment

EXCELLANT episode. I don't care what cinescape says..they are typical critics..which means their opinions are worth less than a grain of salt. There was great action and great character interaction. Over-all another great Atlantis episode.
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I liked this episode as a preparatory episode. I like how it sets up the threads for the other episodes. But I don't see why they're remotely afraid of the wraithe getting to earth.

First of all, right now they are outnumbered by the wraithe. On earth...that is not the case. Second of all, how exactly do they get past the iris?

And furthermore, even if they could get past the iris and overwhelm earth's massive numbers. We kinda saved the Asgard from being completely wiped out by the replicators. It seems to me like Thor could just jump over to the Pegasus galaxy and blow up Atlantis for good. Not to mention casually dispatch any wraithe that get remotely into the area.

If the writers want to make it so the wraithe actually become a threat to earth, they'll need to do at least three or four twists-of-convenience. First the wraithe would have to find some sort of phasing technology to beat the iris. (Speaking of which, why don't they send a ship to the Tollan homeworld to see if they can salvage any technology, or maybe even find any survivors?). Then, the wraithe, though they are weaker than the ancients were ten thousand years ago technologically, would have to find some exploit that makes them stronger than the Asgard now. Or the Asgard would need some new distraction that prevents them from even sparing one warship.

And I still don't understand why the Atlantis team can't just blow up the Stargate when they leave. It *is* the only Stargate in the galaxy that can get to earth. The kneejerk reaction 'send a nuke' O'Neall always has? Do that. No more Atlantis.

Comment

The Wrath don't have to use the Stargate to get to earth. As Zelenka explained in the scene where he was showing Weir the self destruct simulation:

ZELENKA: Our self destruct plan. It’s nowhere near effective enough.
                              WEIR: Now that seemed pretty effective to me.
                              ZELENKA: Atlantis is more than just a city. It is an intergalactic spacecraft.
                              WEIR: Yes?
                              ZELENKA: Yes, well, Teyla said the Wraith are not interested in destroying Atlantis. They’re coming here to get to Earth. They can only do that by going through the Stargate ...
                              WEIR: ... which means stealing the city, which is why we have a self destruct in place.
                              ZELENKA: Yes, but if they are even the least bit resourceful – which I must assume that they are – they can easily reverse engineer their own intergalactic engine from the wreckage on the sea bottom.

So the Wraths could build their own ship to get to Earth therefore becoming a big threat to earth.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Sometimes I like to watch both parts before post in a two part thread and I was going to wait until Pt 2. But a couple of scenes were making me wonder and I have the same question for them.

Why were McKay, Grodin and the pilot all wearing red when they were in the puddlejumper instead the colors of the speciality as with the others?

Comment

Working...
                                X