Letters From Pegasus (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome episode!

My favorite part was the Korean lady's sentiments about McCay that led to some hilarious flashbacks with him. His own monologue was equally funny.

Sheperds speech to Sumners family was also a nice touch. They definetly could use Sumner at a time like this.

A nice Bates and Ford moment too. I am starting to think that these two are relative equals in terms of ranking (although Ford is an officer, you could say he outranks the enlisted men).

Teyla and Shep on the planet was kind of slow moving, too bad they didn't reveal the new Wraith weapon(?) though.

I hated that weasel with the pony tail selling out Weir over a personal vendetta. Ford should edit all that **** out of the tape. I was hoping that guy was going to get axed soon. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
      I hated that weasel with the pony tail selling out Weir over a personal vendetta. Ford should edit all that **** out of the tape. I was hoping that guy was going to get axed soon. Oh well.
      Ford might get Weir to look at the tape. Teehee.....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
        it just reaked of voyager to me...
        Exactly! I thought it was like that Voyager episode where they could stabilize a wormhole for a few moments to send messages back to Earth ... and again when they each had 2.7 minutes to talk with loved ones back home.

But the episode gave some good character development (well, except for Aiden as usual) and we were reminded of the horror of a wraith culling. What was that weapon Sheppard got a closer look at?

Glad for the few seconds of crossover to let us know that SGC recieved the message.

Comment

Okay...I haven't seen the ep yet but I've seen the pics and read the transcript. Here's something a FRIEND of mine picked up on and I confirmed it with pics. <She has seen the ep>

When Sheppard sends his message to SUMNER he's in front of one background. When he says "Goodbye" He's in front of a different background and to his right <As you're looking at him> in the background is the JOHNNY CASH poster/pic from his BACHELOR pad in the HOME ep.

Inside Joke? Or what??

Comment

Awesome episode! My favorite part was the Korean lady's sentiments about McCay that led to some hilarious flashbacks with him. His own monologue was equally funny.
            She was from the Land of the Rising Sun (Japan) if you look at the flag on her sleeve... but she sounded Korean to me as well... I laughed out loud everytime McKay opened his mouth in this episode except when he talked about his sister... that was very moving.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

One of my favorite Atlantis episodes, and definitely the best clip show I've ever seen on Stargate, period. Mostly because it didn't feel like a clip show. It didn't feel like they had to make a cheap episode. The clips were just really short flashes, fit the story very well. And there was still a lot of new off-world action, something you just don't see in your average clipshow.
              I like how McKay shares his feeling for Sam, and then it turns out to be Sam who receives the transmission. I'd love to have seen her reaction to his declaration of love! (Not in a shipper sense, mind you, but it really shows to me how much McKay has already changed; he'd never have said stuff like that a year ago. So I'd like to have known if Sam would've been as surprised about it and realize this is not the same McKay anymore... or if it is, that he's finally allowed himself to show more of his emotional side.)

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
                - The Wraith Armada!! Three raging hive ships (anyone else think they looked like wraith darts on Naquadah-enhanced steroids?), the battle cruiser type deals, and a boatload of darts! I can't WAIT for the freaking SIEGE!
                Actually, the Hive Ships and Cruisers looked a lot like the Republic Cruisers from Star Wars: Episode 2 to me (ragarding the shape at least).
                Truth is relative. Pick one that works

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                  Zelenka did at some point say, "I can't tell you this, but..."

My mom speaks quite a bit of Czech and Russian and Ukranian (grew up with those languages basically) and she was listening to it and doing a bit of translating.
                  I do not speak Czech, but I can certainly say that I spek fluent Polish , which is similar. I have tried a few times to find any phrase that I did not understand long enough to be this part but could not. Could you pinpoint it for me?

BTW, did your mother, by any luck, understood what Zelenka said in the "The Brotherhood"? I couldn't understand him at all...

Comment

Aside from a few inconsistencies in SG-1, it appears that wormholes can be powered from EITHER end. However:

1) The SGC can't generate enough power to sustain an intergalactic wormhole. If they could, they wouldn't need ZPM's so badly.
                    Right.

2) I don't think it works that way in the case of the SGC. It works with a DHD, because they have those fantastic power crystals and a way-beyond-everyone method of delivering the power. It would work with the mist planet from "Home", because the mist is all around the Gate and the Gate is a superconductor. I don't think the Gate would be able to "suck" power from the transformers and other electrical jibjab in the SGC, even if there was enough.
                    Not quite right, I think. Thor on one occasion showed up through a Stargate instead by a ship and when he dialed in the power in SGC have been drained. My guess is it has been an additional power needed to maintain the wormhole. The Asgard must have something special powering their gate or Thor wouldn't make it back.

I'd say that the naquadah generator(s) are powerful enough to dial another galaxy but not to sustain the wormhole longer then few seconds unless the other gate can draw power from some other source.

Comment

No, why? On the contrary, they should do everything to assure that O'Neill will get this message. Whole and uncut. And then find a way for them to meet face-to-face...

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                        great ep, loved it and i agree not a clip show, i've seen longer "last time on buffy the vampire slayer " and other shows then all the clips in this show together.
                        Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                        And Letters from Pegasus, it wasn't even a damned clips show!
                        For those who are interested, I ran a stopwatch on the actual clip segments and came up with a total of just a little over 2 minutes screen time.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

I do not speak Czech, but I can certainly say that I spek fluent Polish , which is similar. I have tried a few times to find any phrase that I did not understand long enough to be this part but could not. Could you pinpoint it for me?

BTW, did your mother, by any luck, understood what Zelenka said in the "The Brotherhood"? I couldn't understand him at all...

There's a new thread called "Dr. Zelenkas Complete translations"
                          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by joasia

I don't know exactly when he said it. I don't understand a word (except this one phrase lol) of Czech. She was listening to what he was saying and understood that much and a little more, but it was obvious what he was talking about lol.

She was away from the television at the time that part was on so I don' t know

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I thought there was a drain in power when Thor came so they couldn't close the Iris and squish him.

Comment

Yeah i no this is just a tv programme and none of it is real, but i found this episode very emotional, i cant explain it, i was on the verge of tears with the short clips of each saying goodbye and that some of them may not make it back to earth, there were some humorous bits, Carson, you the man, i felt that this ep would have made an excellent season finale
                                Virtual Jurassic Park

Comment

Working...
                                X