Letters From Pegasus (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the people? Nothing

But, as I said, it did look to me as if the beam was drawing energy from the planet, or better yet, as if the Hive ship was doing to the planet what any Wraith would do to a human: suck the life out of them. We know that those Hive ships are partly organic and can heal themselves. I figured that 'healing energy' had to come from somewhere.

Overactive imagination? Me? Naaaah

Comment

An interesting theory. But what energy would the ship be drawing? I would think that it would take a lot of plant and animal energy to supply a ship with power, even with multiple cullings.

P.S. I'm not trying to debunk, I'm trying to start a discussion.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I LOVED the ending.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

excelent episode i love it
          On leti,on tak krasne leti!

Comment

I liked this episode, I really liked the interaction between Sheppard and Teyla . I also liked how Wier included a personal message to the families of all the peopled that they had lost...that was very touching *sniffle* . (spoiler The Rising, season 1)
            Spoiler:
            Although I'm really glad they killed Colonel Sumner off, I really did not like him

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
              An interesting theory. But what energy would the ship be drawing? I would think that it would take a lot of plant and animal energy to supply a ship with power, even with multiple cullings.

P.S. I'm not trying to debunk, I'm trying to start a discussion.
              Well, there is more than just plant and animal life, there is tons of microscopic and insect life as well.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Yeah, or maybe just the energy that's produced inside the planet's core, which would probably make the planet more unstable, you know, more earthquakes and vulcanic activity (PS: I'm no scientist, btw, but that would make sense to me )
                Or maybe the ship's sucking the secret life force, nature itself, out of the planet and the planet will eventually collapse

Comment

I just saw this episode for the first time. I really loved it, loved the emotional stuff with the video tapes, and thought it really showed deep insight of the characters.

Now I just need to see the other episodes and I'll know what's going on. I need to buy the DVDs...

and yes I am new to Stargate Atlantis .

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

Originally posted by Miyth
                    I just saw this episode for the first time. I really loved it, loved the emotional stuff with the video tapes, and thought it really showed deep insight of the characters.

Now I just need to see the other episodes and I'll know what's going on. I need to buy the DVDs...

and yes I am new to Stargate Atlantis .
                    I just saw this episode for the first time too. I'm guessing that you also saw it on Fox 4.

It was a real touching episode. I loved all of the vidoes that they all made. I am just real upset that they didn't air the episode before that so I would've had a better idea as to what was going on.It was a good episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicat
                      It still could be a mistake, but personally I think that's a really long shot - I'd like to hope the combined efforts of the set dressers, continuity, and camera crew would be beyond such an obvious error. I mean, they're shooting with the assistance of a video split (little monitor showing what the camera sees, also records the footage to a DV tape for quick review) so it's a simple matter of rolling back the tape to look at the previous setup if there's any concerns about framing, dressing, lighting; or simply to review a performance. I think this was very deliberate look into part of Sheppard's character, something that we will hopefully learn more about in the future.

For my fellow nitpickers, here's a direct comparison...

First message, to Sumner's family:
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...t/message1.jpg

Second message:
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...t/message2.jpg
                      I watched this tonight, and I think he just moved to the side slightly, remember these people including Ford are not professtional video/film makers... it is obviously in John's room, hello Johnny Cash! I just think he moved or maybe he got a little upset talking about Sumner and had to stop. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by TattertotLove
                        I just saw this episode for the first time too. I'm guessing that you also saw it on Fox 4.
                        Yes I did . I was so excited to find a channel playing SGA reruns! Gives us late starters a chance !

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

Originally posted by Miyth
                          Yes I did . I was so excited to find a channel playing SGA reruns! Gives us late starters a chance !
                          Fox 4 is the channel that I dicovered my love for SGA on. SGA used to always be the boring show that came on at 11 o'clock evey Saturday night but then one night I was bored and nothing was on so I watched the episode Suspicion and loved it!!! Then after about a month of watching it on Fox 4 I went to the website they show at the end of the credits and became even more addicted to it. So now here I am...thier's my life story of SGA for you.

Comment

I watched this episode again last weekend.

A few things to add to the comments from my last post:

I really loved the part where the Japanese gal talks about how she feels about working with McKay and the flashbacks that they included there.

I also can't help but to wonder how O'Neill reacted to Cavanagh's whinning.
                            sigpic
                            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance
                              I also can't help but to wonder how O'Neill reacted to Cavanagh's whinning.
                              He probably spent the whole time throwing spoons at the screen...either that or he found that that was a wonderful time to have a bathroom break

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Clip shows aren't always interesting, but the bits around the clips were, for the most part. If I'm not mistaken, none of Zelenka's message was in English, which was totally appropriate. I kinda wish they had done the same with the Japanese woman. It might not have bothered me so much. On second thought, I don't think anything could have lessened my dislike for her part. Did we really need the Asian submissive stereotype in there? But I liked everything else about the messages. And Rodney's stuff was just priceless.

I love the fact that I had been looking forward to this episode for SOOOO long because I knew that Amanda Tapping makes an appearance. (It's on imdb.com, folks!) And she appears for about 20 seconds and says one word, "Atlantis." LOL

On a totally separate note - I just noticed that this was my 100th post. Woohoo!!!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Working...
                                X