No announcement yet.

Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have to say, amazingly riveting episode! I was shocked, I have never enjoyed an Atlantis episode quite this much. It even rivaled some (dare I even think it?) recent SG-1 eps! I was truly afraid Atlantis would never hit a stride. I'm overjoyed that it has!

I'd have to say that the Atlantean timeline has been giving me (and I'm sure lots of you) some nasty headaches. There seem to be two or three major accepted theories, but I suppose we could also agree the writers have only thrown us a bone to keep us hungering for more

Anything in particular anyone WANTS to see as a result of what we saw today (and how does it relate to the ep, since this is an ep discussion forum)

(I.E.
    Spoiler:
    timeship found elsewhere like in SG-1's "It's good to be king"
    , a warship found, more contact with earth thanks to ZPMs, weapons found)...

Again, I'm kinda new - so let me know if I shouldn't or can't do things like this!
    Last edited by ThawkTH; 09 December 2004, 04:01 PM. Reason: Missed something!
    Teal'c- "I have a strange feeling about Allar, like he's concealing something."

O'Neill - "Like what?"

Teal'c - "I do not know colonel, he is concealing it."

Comment

Hologram lady annoyed me. Something about her. She was too peppy or something.
      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I said, "thus endth the name debate", let it alone.
        Aadizookaan

Comment

Oh yes, and since you're the Grand High Poobah of All Things Namelike, I guess we must defer to your almighty decree.

THE GREAT OZ HAS SPOKEN!

Comment

"ignore the man behind the curtian then?"

Comment

One thing we know for sure, the Atlanteans went back to earth, so they came from the Milky Way and their horrible is indeed the Wraith (stated before in this thread).

The Ancient Hologram Lady (Melia I think) is attractive. =D

Comment

Originally posted by h22chen
                The Ancient Hologram Lady (Melia I think) is attractive. =D
                I think we can all agree on that... ?
                You deepfry it - i eat it

Comment

horrible enemy I mean.

Comment

WOW! This episode is one of the best one in the whole Stargate franchise! It is officially my favorite episode EVER! I don't know what to say, I'm still reeling from it.
                    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                      WOW! This episode is one of the best one in the whole Stargate franchise! It is officially my favorite episode EVER! I don't know what to say, I'm still reeling from it.
                      I liked it too... probably not as much as The Eye or Hot Zone but it was very good. Nice to see Torri Higginson exercise some of her acting chops. Great interaction between main cast members. Wouldn't mind seeing that Janus again... what a lovely voice...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Oh. And we know that Stargate can do MUCH better old people than most other Series can
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lexx
                          I basically agree with Teal'c's idea. I'm betting the Milky Way Ancients died off from the plague after having tried several different ways to stop it (including the "Window of Opportunity" time machine). Sometime after the failed experiment a group of un-infected Ancients left in Atlantis, and started to look down on time travel because of the failure before. Either the remaining Ancients in Milky Way started the All Mighty Alliance in their waning years, or the Atlantians started it when they returned from Pegasus, for whatever time they had before their relatively miniscule population died out.
                          but if that were so, wouldnt janus and co use their shiny new timeship to go back in time when the ancients were NOT dead and teach them timetravel, and help them in other ways?

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedAncient
                            but if that were so, wouldnt janus and co use their shiny new timeship to go back in time when the ancients were NOT dead and teach them timetravel, and help them in other ways?
                            It depends on how much time passed between the move back to Earth and the introduction of the plague. It also depends on whether or not Janus was alive (if he'd died of the plague, for example...). Another factor is how much control did he or anyone have over how far back they go. If the Ancients used it and traveled back a further 10,000 years, well, they could have tried leaving a message for themselves, but it's iffy on how well that would have worked. And of course that's assuming that anyone even allows the timeship to exist. If Janus built it in secret and ten kept it hidden (or it was ordered destroyed and he saved it) and then he died without telling anyone where it is (or left clues behind that no one followed), that wouldn't do folks much good, either.

As I said, the time device on P4X-639 might have been cobbled together from imperfectly understood notes left by Janus.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedAncient
                              No, because as we saw in "Before I Sleep", the Ancients looked down on time travel. The episode is evidence in itself since the Ancients did have a working time machine, but they had it destroyed. Building another one would probably just piss the Council off more, not somehow change their mind.
                              MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                As I said, the time device on P4X-639 might have been cobbled together from imperfectly understood notes left by Janus.
                                But the method of time travel and tech was completely different from what Janus used in Before I sleep.
                                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                                X