Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    As far as we know, there is/was no timeship in "our" reality, so there is/was no way for "our" Weir to go back in time. But she doesn't have to because the "other" Weir already did it.
    yes but weir would have to go back sometime in the future, because if it wouldn't there would be no 'other' weir

Comment

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3
      yes but weir would have to go back sometime in the future, because if it wouldn't there would be no 'other' weir
      The word of the day is "multiverse". Weir has already gone back in time and created the timeline which is "ours". That's rote. It's already happened. It doesn't need to happen again because it happened once already.

Welcome to paradox.

Comment

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3
        When Weir traveled to the past, she created an alternate reality (ours). In it, Weir doesn't have to travel back in time, because it already happened in that alternate reality. It is the fact that alternate Weir travelled back in time that made this reality exist in the first place, in which Weir does not travel back in time.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          When Weir traveled to the past, she created an alternate reality (ours). In it, Weir doesn't have to travel back in time, because it already happened in that alternate reality. It is the fact that alternate Weir travelled back in time that made this reality exist in the first place, in which Weir does not travel back in time.
          Where's my Advil when I need it? Between this stuff and finals week my brain is liable to literally explode. Calgon take me away!

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
            Where's my Advil when I need it? Between this stuff and finals week my brain is liable to literally explode. Calgon take me away!
            Read Timeline, by Michael Crichton. It'll all make sense.

In fact, to anyone who doesn't understand the multiverse w/ time travel concept: Go out to your library and get Timeline.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, I thought it was a fantastic episode with a very unique take on the whole time travel concept. Definately my favourite bit was this conversation (from memory):

McKay: This jumper had an additional component added to it.
              Sheppard: Flux Capacitor?

And also the little tidbit of conversation between Janus and Weir that will definately play into SG-1. It was good to finally find out after 7 and half years of SG-1 and 3/4 of a year of Atlantis, what happened to the Ancients/Atlanteans but it didn't reveal all, and no doubt the writers have done that on purpose, only throwing us a bone to appease us for now.

I think the show is really going to hit it's stride in Season 2 when the writers really start getting into the whole backstory. I think the show has really only had 1 or 2 "average" episodes this season with all the rest being very well done, especially from "The Storm" onwards. Thumbs up from me!
              "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen,

Rewatch the episode very carefully, to obtain the name of the Altantian Woman who just happens to be the hologram, you must listen to Janus and watch who Janus is looking at when he says the words..."you need to talk to Moros", because the ally Wier was talking about was Janus himself - he helps her make it safe for the second expedition to succeed where her team did not.

Her name is not MOROS it is Melia as stated in the Gateworld Episode Spoiler Section for this specific episode.

So there, thus endeth the name debate!
                Aadizookaan

Comment

I agree that Moros is the guy on the council. However, I don't remember them actually calling her Melia anywhere in the episode, and since the actress's name is Melia McClure (bless IMDB) I can see where some confusion might have arisen in the spoilers section...
                  The Unknown James

Comment

you must listen to Janus and watch who Janus is looking at when he says the words..."you need to talk to Moros", because the ally Wier was talking about was Janus himself
                    I thought about Janus simply being the ally, but Janus is still looking towards the hologram lady when he says 'you need to talk to moros'. The old guy is NOT IN THAT SCENE. I've watched it twice, and I'm positive about this.

The only possibility is that Janus is actually talking TO hologram lady and telling her that SHE needs to talk to 'moros', but that doesn't really make sense.

The name Melia is never mentioned in the episode.

Like I said, I watched it twice, very carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                      Yes, that's what I understood it to be...

and entropic cascade failure didn't apply cos (1) Young Weir has only existed for 35 odd years and (2) Old Weir was in stasis, and if ageing is slow perhaps so are the effects of entropic cascade failure.

I can't believe I actually remembered entropic cascade failure off the top of my head. I'm spending way too much time here!

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                        The only possibility is that Janus is actually talking TO hologram lady and telling her that SHE needs to talk to 'moros', but that doesn't really make sense.
                        Makes sense to me - if Janus thinks that she's more open to the idea, he'd ask her to try and convince Moros...
                        The Unknown James

Comment

It mostly doesn't make sense (to me at least) because of the tone of voice/ way Janus says it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aadizookaan
                            Ok Ladies and Gentlemen,

Rewatch the episode very carefully, to obtain the name of the Altantian Woman who just happens to be the hologram, you must listen to Janus and watch who Janus is looking at when he says the words..."you need to talk to Moros", because the ally Wier was talking about was Janus himself - he helps her make it safe for the second expedition to succeed where her team did not.

Her name is not MOROS it is Melia as stated in the Gateworld Episode Spoiler Section for this specific episode.

So there, thus endeth the name debate!
                            Come to think of it you may be right he may be referring to the old man with a beard
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                              It mostly doesn't make sense (to me at least) because of the tone of voice/ way Janus says it.
                              Perhaps, but since that bit sounds very dubbed anyway, it doesn't seem so odd that the tone doesn't fit.
                              The Unknown James

Comment

I thought Janus was telling the Hologram Lady to talk to Moros. Like UnkownJ said, she seemed open minded enough for Janus to maybe turn her to his side.
                                MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X