No announcement yet.

Hot Zone (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i loved this ep when i first heard about it i thought i would suck. my fav part is when mckay thinks he is going to die and he say. tell his sis that he died saveing kids and tell every one he had a plan for unifying but the notes were lost when he die. than i for got his name but he said when you were saveing the kids. for some reason mackay is funny when he thinks he is going to die

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
      i loved this ep when i first heard about it i thought i would suck. my fav part is when mckay thinks he is going to die and he say. tell his sis that he died saveing kids and tell every one he had a plan for unifying but the notes were lost when he die. than i for got his name but he said when you were saveing the kids. for some reason mackay is funny when he thinks he is going to die
      That is definitly true, Mckey is very funny, especially when he thinks he's going to die and thats what only every other episode.
      'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
      'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

Nice episode. Very good alround. Is it just my or are alot more people we only see this one episode getting killed this half as opposed to the 1st? Also to you think TPTB are keeping records of how many people they said went/ how many got killed? I',m think like ST:VGR where they stated crew figures that didn't jive with no. of deaths and previous figures. (lets not get in to the shuttelcraft issue)
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Crystals can easily(in the future) be used to store data, and then read it with a laser, it's researched quite alot atm. Crystals can store so much more information then our current magnetic ways.

Personally I think the Ancients designed the nano-virus as a last resort. They'd release it on all planets and those who understood what it was and were able to disable it would also be able to fight the Wraith and therefore weaken them. The rest, well they were primitive and would only be food.

Comment

I liked this episode, though a couple of things are still bugging me.

1. it seems so typical that the ancient gene protects people.
            2. Elizabeth is too nice for her own good, all she didi was scowl at Shephard's actions
            3. We all know Ford doesn't get much to do anyway, but he was just plain annoying for most of that!

I do believe apart from that it was a solid episode, though some of the camera work did seem a little shaky.
            The Teyla/John fight scenes were cool and a light relief for what was about to happen.
            Also, the look on Teyla's face when that girl was going nuts and then wehn her clothing was ripped was just sheer class!

Looking forward to 'Before I sleep' as I've felt Elizabeth has been underused a little of late, but sure it'll be good. Liked SG-1 better this week, though never get tired of Dr Beckett, McKay and Shephard!

Comment

Also, forgot to add that I can't wait to see who this new enemy is. Is this Atlantis' aschen?

Comment

Great ep. Great great ep

Shep's effective insubordination of Weir was a little odd, but added to the whole ep.

Next week it's Sanctuary....I think I'm gonna mess myself
                Last edited by Ancients Rising; 11 January 2005, 03:29 PM.

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  Crystals can easily(in the future) be used to store data, and then read it with a laser, it's researched quite alot atm. Crystals can store so much more information then our current magnetic ways.

Personally I think the Ancients designed the nano-virus as a last resort. They'd release it on all planets and those who understood what it was and were able to disable it would also be able to fight the Wraith and therefore weaken them. The rest, well they were primitive and would only be food.
                  i don't think the ancients made the nano-virus. i think it was just one ancient beascue all the info about the nanp-virus was only in that lab. he was pobly breaking the rlues by makeing it.

Comment

For some reason I keep thinking it's the Genii. No evidence, just a sneaking suspicion.

They said they were once a great confederation, prehaps before the Wraith destroyed most of their civilization they were a conquering race. Used the virus as a weapon.

It would be interesting, the Genii could be the first major enemy in Stargate that is completely human (I think, I don't really recall any other humans who really opposded them that weren't controlled by a snake). Adds a moral issue.

Just a random thought/speculation. I've only watched up to 'Before I Sleep', so am not privy to anything that might have happened in 'The Brotherhood'.

Comment

First thought of the virus -- the Genii. Simply because they're Genii.

It was good seeing how everyone was waiting for Mckay to die -- then he said I'm still here, and didn't really care why he wasn't dead, basically.

I like the scenes at the beginning between Sheppard and Teyla, with the martial arts (?) practice. Teyla looked pretty dam hot in that outfit. Poor Sheppard, got beaten there -- though I liked his comments on "If it was a fight, I'd have just shot you."

Good to see a bit of Carson back again too.
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
                        I loved this episode.

We all knew that they weren't going to kill any of the main characters, but still..it was some nice suspense.

Oh and I think that possibily the Replicators made that Nanovirus.

If not them then it was the Ancients. Notice how at the end when McKay says, "Whoever did it, I hope they aren't around anymore.." then the camera cuts to Shepperd who is the closest thing to a living Ancient you can get without being one...

Oh and yeah Teyla was looking great in this episode. Although they had to ruin it and put her in that baggy clunky hazmat suit.
                        I'm sorry but I have to disagree with what you said.

No the replicators didn't make the nanovirus! For one, they weren't around at the time of the Ancients, as well as not even being in the Pegasus galaxy. Secondly, ignoring all that, why would they create a virus that would kill humans? All they care about is replicating.

I also think it's pretty clear the Ancients didn't build them (as they said numerous times in the episode itself). The final shot of Shappard had NOTHING to do with it. SG-1 episodes end very often on Jack's face, just because he's the main character.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
                          Ok gonna revise this a little.

The Ancients awoke this other enemy first, they got into a war with this race. That race created the Wraith who could feed on the one thing that the Ancients would strive to protect, humans. The Ancients one weakness. Later, a peace was developed between this race and the Ancients and the fighting stopped. In this peace, the humans were to be left alone. As their only food source, the Wraith would have died out. To prevent their own demise, the Wraith begin feeding on humans again against their creators' wishes. The Wraith were too powerful for the other emeny and the Ancients were spread too thin protecting the humans. Then in a last ditch effort, the enemy creates this virus to eliminate the humans but not the Ancients since they have the technology to go head to head with the Wraith. The Ancients get pissed at this and begin studying the virus to find a cure. The Wraith consume their creators and move onto Atlantis.
                          That's a brilliant idea!! I'm not too taken with the wraith to be honest

Comment

nice episode, some great developement in some of the characters and one hell of a set up for furture baddies!
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I just hope TPTB don't chicken out and all the insubordintion fears worries and all forgetto next week and everything fine and dandy.

I alos don't get why it's called Hot Zone.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                                I just hope TPTB don't chicken out and all the insubordintion fears worries and all forgetto next week and everything fine and dandy.

I alos don't get why it's called Hot Zone.
                                Because people got hot under the collar, confined and fearful?
                                I guess its a quesiton for the producers etc but form the title and the initial spoilers I thought it would be something quite different, more like the name seems to me but it wasn't, though I plan to write a fic of same title that has what I thought it might be in a way.

The episode was a great one though regardless of difficult to explain title.

Comment

Working...
                                X