Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhhh you haven't seen the episode yet or have you
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
      Was that a weapon? I thought it was that ascended who did the wave.
      It was ascended ancient from what I have read.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Wow, what an excellent episode! Atlantis IMHO just keeps on getting better and better,

I'll try to give a brief summary, but I'm afraid I can't convey the true awesomeness of the epsiodes (I'm a bit of a ancient-fan yes )

Sanctuary - The Lowdown
        ---------

The episode opens with Sheppard and the others in a puddlejumper beeing chased by several darts. Their weapons are offline and Rodney is unable to fix the problem, when suddenly a massive energy burst wipes out the darts while leaving the puddlejumper unharmed. Rodney speculates that it's an ancient weapon and that they should land to see if they can find a ZPM or study the weapon.

Upon landing they discover a people without any technology worth mentioning, and even more mind boggeling, they have never even heard of the wraith. They chitchat and are taken to the high-priestess of Athara, she's quite beautiful by the way .

The team tries to come to some understanding with the high-priestess about granting sanctuary to other people in the galaxy, since the world is untouched by the Wraith. The locals however, after consulting with their deity, denies the request. Upon which Rodney goes into a frenzy about them hiding behind their religion. Sheppard sends them all back to their ship and is able to convince the high-priestess to come with them to Atlantis and learn to know them a little better. (go Shep!)

At Atlantis they start noticing odd things about the high-priestess, she's in _perfect_ health she shows up different on a new life sign detector that she activates by touch. All the time while Sheppard continues to romance her, walks around the city, a picnic and the works. Rodney on the other hand is very suspicious and thinks she could be a dangerous alien.

Weir tries to come to an understanding about what they could share, but it seems the high-priestess isn't interested in anything. Yatta-yatta and she's interested in earth's religions and myths.

Finally Rodney convinces Weir to allow him to scan her while they have a meeting. In the meeting she says some may be welcome to her planet, but not others and she stares at Rodney and says: "Find anything on your scans yet?" Then she says she has stayed too long, and that she must return. While walking towards the stargate, she shows signs of dizzyness and we see a vision of her planet with wraith ships all around. She ascends, and goes through the stargate.

Sheppard soon grabs a puddlejumper and follows suit, he destroys some darts. And then she's in his ship and just says "I'll take care of this" and the big energy woosh destroys all the wraith.

Down on the planet Sheppard learns that she's an Ancient who after ascended protected the humans of her once homeworld. And as punishment she's exiled to the planet to always protect her people, and that the other ascended won't let her interfere in any other way.

Sheppard is pained, but they somehow kiss the ascended way, they share themselves. Awesome!

Excellent episode, my fast summary just can't convey it's awesomeness

Comment

Was that the same sharing like in the episode Ascension, when that guy did it with Sam?
          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
            Was that the same sharing like in the episode Ascension, when that guy did it with Sam?
            I think so, I'm not entirely sure since I don't have that episode availble at the moment.

She says that in moments they'll know more about eachother than anything and then sort of engulfs him in her white fog.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogtag
              I think so, I'm not entirely sure since I don't have that episode availble at the moment.

She says that in moments they'll know more about eachother than anything and then sort of engulfs him in her white fog.
              maybe now this will give sheppard more understanding of atlantis and the ancients.....allowing much more possibility in stories.

but wait, if she says she was condemned for interfering with her people, then her people are not ancients which means she is not which means that she figured out how to asencd w/o someone elses help? (maybe?) or someone helped her like oma did skaara...
              come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

'When those of us, whom you call the Ancients, figured out how to ascend we were supposed to leave our human ties behind..." She was an Ancient, but the people seeded on that planet has been her people for several thousands of years

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  'When those of us, whom you call the Ancients, figured out how to ascend we were supposed to leave our human ties behind..." She was an Ancient, but the people seeded on that planet has been her people for several thousands of years
                  Meaning, that it was the planet she seeded?
                  "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Or the planet she was assigned to guide, or she just liked it there. We don't really know how the Ancients worked pre-ascension.

Comment

Rejoice! The time has come for

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                      of 'Sanctuary'

Although not the best of the Atlantis episodes so far, this one was pretty interesting. Granted, it didn't reveal much new information to those of us who have been following all things Stargate, but it introduced Atlantis to some things previously only seen on SG-1: The ascended Ancients, their no-interference law, their "mind sharing" (you know... the thing Orlin did with Sam), as well as random Wizard of Oz references.

Also, this episode contains the series' first romance (not counting Weir/Simon), and thankfully it's not between two series regulars (and will probably not be followed up on anytime soon). This lead to my biggest laugh of the episode; specifically McKay's comments regarding captain Kirk.

No big plot revelations or anything, but this was still a solid, enjoyable episode. One can not really ask for more... every week.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
                        So an Ancient that was once ascended, but is no longer, still retains the ascended powers?
                        Originally posted by Gothann
                        She can switch freely between being ascended and not.
                        No no no... She's ascended all the time. Ascended beings can fake human form, we've seen it many times: Orlin, Shifu, Daniel, Skaara... They don't quit being ascended every time they appear in human form.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I actually don't think they fake human form, I think they do become solid. Since the human body isn't anything else then energy that shouldn't be that hard for them to do. However they can revert back to their ascended state at will and use their powers.

Comment

oh my god extremely hot chick. great ep for ancient fans, gotta love their light show! had some wraith, had some ancients, had some rodney, had some looove, some action and i believe ford had a line
                            You deepfry it - i eat it

Comment

She was indeed very beautiful

Comment

My favorite part was;

"I'm sorry Chaya, I honestly believed it wouldn't cause any harm, I.." -Weir

"Stop apologizing, Elizibeth!.. She's an Ancient! But what I can't understand is... why the act? I mean, don't you know we'd give just about anything just to talk to you? To learn from you? I mean what were you doing, checking us out?!" -Mckay

Comment

Working...
                                X