The Defiant One (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having now caught this ep on screen:

1. I'd re-evaluate Ford's role as small but crucial(he did play his part in taking out Wraith-with-dreads).

2. Brendan's suicide played out differently to how I imagined.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Sheppard and McKay have this big conversation about how cold the nights get on the planet. I get that they needed some exposition about the timeframe on rescue, but the coldness never plays a part in the story. Hmph.

Comment

Watching it on TV here in the US, even though I've seen it already, has allowed me one advantage I previously hadn't had: Closed Captioning. The Wraith and Sheppard both call the Ancient technology "Lantian".

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
          Watching it on TV here in the US, even though I've seen it already, has allowed me one advantage I previously hadn't had: Closed Captioning. The Wraith and Sheppard both call the Ancient technology "Lantian".

-IMF
          I believe the Closed Captions meant "Atlantean" ...Closed Captions have a tendency to be wrong sometimes.
          ~Athena

Comment

Well, listening to Greg say it, it sure sounded like Lantian to me.

Wow, Hewlett's good at emoting. You can really feel his angst and guilt over what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
              I believe the Closed Captions meant "Atlantean" ...Closed Captions have a tendency to be wrong sometimes.
              Nope. This has been a point of contention since it's airing in Canada. The Wraith and Sheppard clearly say "Lantian" and now closed captions confirm it. It seems that the Ancients were known in Pegasus as the Lantians.

-IMF
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Nope. This has been a point of contention since it's airing in Canada. The Wraith and Sheppard clearly say "Lantian" and now closed captions confirm it. It seems that the Ancients were known in Pegasus as the Lantians.

-IMF
                Could be...i guess we'd never know for sure. Unless someone could get a hold of the script.
                ~Athena

Comment

-IMF
                  I don't think that's confirmation enough, closed captions are notoriously inaccurate.

Comment

I feel sorry for the glowly bugs. All they wanted was the food. Otherwise it was an okay episode. I did feel for the guy that killed himself. That siuided was go with McKay for a long time.

Comment

Beautiful episode. One of the best, thus far. This and last week's, alongside the premiere, have got to be my favorites right now. The suicide was very emotional. The statements to McKay from him, about how he's changed... breathtaking. Just twelve episodes, and so much development... egads, I'm just so happy with how things are going. John's blazing dynamo, Solid Snake style of trickery and gunplay was as fun as ever. The Star Trek jokes -- especially the one from IV with the 'cloak ship, remember where we parked' got me laughing. The whole thing was nice.
                      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Maybe Greg was speaking some sort of Wraith slang with saying 'Lanteans'.

Maybe he's just lazy...

Said this long-while ago, but I loved this episode. Haven't watched it since I first saw it, but love it still.

Yay McKay! And Greg!

... Poor Greg

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Lanteans not Lantians

Comment

I actually liked this episode better then I liked the Eye. I don't know about the guy shooting himself towards the end, but after thinking about it, in a way it was self-sacrificial. The action as well as the humor was very good.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                              I actually liked this episode better then I liked the Eye. I don't know about the guy shooting himself towards the end, but after thinking about it, in a way it was self-sacrificial. The action as well as the humor was very good.
                              Yeah... he sort've might well have saved John's life. I think that's quite powerful.
                              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Yeah, it was good, it wasn't quite as good as the Eye but not many will be. I thoguht it was still good.
                                Maybe they should tow that Satillite back and put it above Atlantis.
                                So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
                                And we never even know we have the key.
                                Already Gone---------
                                The Eagles-----------

Comment

Working...
                                X