The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aschen
    Oh yeah?? Well, I watched it in surround sound!
    Maybe you need to get your ears checked, then. I never heard the "my son" bit, either. And I don't have surround sound!

Comment

It was...

"Did Athor's son make it through the gate"

Mark Breakspear

Comment

See! If all else fails, have a big-wig step in to tell you!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

WOW THIS ROCKED!

I had to watch it, I couldn't wait until Jan.

Just a question though..what did the Jeni take back through the gate with them on the stretcher? I thought Sheperd took all the C4? I wonder what they raided..

It wasn't addressed so it was probably just some food or something.

Beckett and McKay were awesome this ep. I liked their exchange towards the end.

Sheperd...man that guy puts Solid Snake to shame! I knew he'd kill those guys. He's a soldier after all.

That was one of the worst fight scenes I have ever seen on TV between Teyla and Sora though. Way too long, they were just filling up time by doing different moves, locks, and strikes.

Comment

Remember from the Storm when they came through the gate they had stuff with them. They probably took their weapons and what-not back with them.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              See! If all else fails, have a big-wig step in to tell you!
              LMAO...I was gonna join the "you're wrong Aschen brigade" but seeing that the big-wig stepped in. I'll just...never mind.
              ~Athena

Comment

How about the tension between Weir and Shepperd?

Very cool stuff, they will never do anything about it though since when the two people get together the series pretty much tanks in the ratings.

-Moonlighting
                -Who's the Boss
                -Lois and Clark

Just to name a few.

Oh and how cool was Shepperds response to Coya killing Weir...

Do you think Coya's dead? I think he's too good of a villain to go out that way. He will most likely be Shepperd's nemesis (Khan).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
                  How about the tension between Weir and Shepperd?

Very cool stuff, they will never do anything about it though since when the two people get together the series pretty much tanks in the ratings.
                  I personally don't think that having two people get together in a series tanks the ratings. There is always more to it...such as writing/story/plots weaken or series that have run way pass their creativity courses...but that just me.

Do you think Coya's dead? I think he's too good of a villain to go out that way. He will most likely be Shepperd's nemesis (Khan).
                  I read in a spoiler for an later episode
                  Spoiler:
                  That Robert Davi will return as the role of Kolya...so that is a safe bet that Kolya isn't dead yet.
                  ~Athena

Comment

Yes, ship can be fun... when it's done well but so often it's a crutch for desperate writers that I'd really rather not see it attempted- especially since, IMO, the Stargate writers couldn't write decent ship if their lives depended on it. Not anymore. Sorry, but they've already ruined SG-1 for me with their heavy-handed tactics, I don't want Atlantis to be ruined, too.

Personally, I didn't see anything at all between Weir and Shep. Weir and McKay, on the other hand. It won't go anywhere, but it was funny to pick up on it since it's almost certainly unintentional on the part of the writers. And I hope they KEEP it that way.

Have we confirmed that we don't know who Athor and his son are? Dangling thread for another ep?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Yes, ship can be fun... when it's done well but so often it's a crutch for desperate writers that I'd really rather not see it attempted- especially since, IMO, the Stargate writers couldn't write decent ship if their lives depended on it. Not anymore.
                      certainly not lately. i find it's the actors and non-verbal communication that carries the ship for me lately, not the script

Sorry, but they've already ruined SG-1 for me with their heavy-handed tactics, I don't want Atlantis to be ruined, too. [

Personally, I didn't see anything at all between Weir and Shep. Weir and McKay, on the other hand. It won't go anywhere, but it was funny to pick up on it since it's almost certainly unintentional on the part of the writers. And I hope they KEEP it that way.
                      i've seen weir and mackay since 38 minutes...it's the way they call each other elizabeth and rodney (i know she calls everyone by their first name, but he doesn't). i think they should stand back on the ship for a while, let the actors find their way, play out what ship they like, and see where the fans and actors take it. Torri Higginson and David Hewlett are quite capable of slipping in subtle ship without having it written for them. besides, i can't imagine McKay saying ' i love you'..that just wouldn't work..but stepping in front of the gun...now that's the kind i like.

so, is colm meaney going to be around again? he plays evil so well.
                      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                        certainly not lately. i find it's the actors and non-verbal communication that carries the ship for me lately, not the script

i've seen weir and mackay since 38 minutes...it's the way they call each other elizabeth and rodney (i know she calls everyone by their first name, but he doesn't). i think they should stand back on the ship for a while, let the actors find their way, play out what ship they like, and see where the fans and actors take it. Torri Higginson and David Hewlett are quite capable of slipping in subtle ship without having it written for them. besides, i can't imagine McKay saying ' i love you'..that just wouldn't work..but stepping in front of the gun...now that's the kind i like.

so, is colm meaney going to be around again? he plays evil so well.
                        Umm, McKay doesn't call Weir by her last name because he seems to have trouble saying it (unfortunately, as a result of being "Canadian" he can't say Zee or "ei" sounds too well, of course, that's exagerated)
                        Enter my game site...

Comment

no, being canadian, he pronounces Zee correctly, as Zed. like we do here in England, the home of the English language
                          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                            no, being canadian, he pronounces Zee correctly, as Zed. like we do here in England, the home of the English language
                            Like most Europeans pronouce it
                            Signed,

Gregorius
                            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
                              Like most Europeans pronouce it
                              And Australians.

BYE
                              "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Just saw the episode and I truly have to say that SGA is back with a bang!!!!
                                I liked the fact that Sheppard really went on a vengeace and not try to be soft on the invaders. Nice trick of him to put the iris on while the reinforcements were coming true. I guess the genii won't have much of a special forces for a while
                                Can't wait for the next episode....
                                "The major difference between the thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Comment

Working...
                                X