The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    no, being canadian, he pronounces Zee correctly, as Zed. like we do here in England, the home of the English language
    I'm Canadian and I say "Zee" and "Zed", depending on how I feel. Really, there isn't much change between American and Canadian english to me, I speak both quite fluently ^_^

Not to mention, McKay represents what most stereotypes don't: someone who can articulate and doesn't live in an igloo.

Now, as for Atho, I'm not sure about who it is, but I AM sure about him not being Colm Meaney's character.
    Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
      Now, as for Atho, I'm not sure about who it is, but I AM sure about him not being Colm Meaney's character.
      Yeah...definately not Colm Meaney's character, his name was Kalen? i think.

And out of boredom I watched all the episodes with the Genii in it now mention of Atho..maybe they'll talk about him later... or not.
      ~Athena

Comment

Wow ! It really rocked !

My favorite scene is definitely when
        Spoiler:
        Sheppard turns the Gate Shield on and all the Genii troops crash on it ! That's really a nice thing for me !

I noticed a little detail. Look at THIS CAP from the Episode. The Gate is opened, but there's no light on the chevrons ! Well, that's really an insignificant thing but I wanted to notice it .

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
          I noticed a little detail. Look at THIS CAP from the Episode. The Gate is opened, but there's no light on the chevrons ! Well, that's really an insignificant thing but I wanted to notice it .
          I would be amazed if anyone actually noticed it first time they watched it.......your not supposed to be looking there
          Wier: Nice work Rodney!
          McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
          Wier: Yes, several times....
          [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Originally posted by waz
            I would be amazed if anyone actually noticed it first time they watched it.......your not supposed to be looking there
            Indeed . Don't be afraid ^^ : I didn't pay any attention to this detail the first time I saw the episode.
            I was so amazed that I didn't look the Gate in this crucial part of the story.
            I only noticed it after, when I was re-watching the best moments of the episode .

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
              yeah what he said...Arclight said it more coherrently then me i think...i think i still need sleep.
              actually it's me who needs sleep as I didn't notice your post that was just above mine
              "The major difference between the thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Comment

Originally posted by ArcLight
                actually it's me who needs sleep as I didn't notice your post that was just above mine
                LOL...apparently both of us need sleep...or some caffine to open our eyes.
                ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
                  Wow ! It really rocked !

My favorite scene is definitely when
                  Spoiler:
                  Sheppard turns the Gate Shield on and all the Genii troops crash on it ! That's really a nice thing for me !

I thought it was because the Stargate functions were at a minimal? (hence the conservation of energy, due to it only being in Primary Systems mode)

Oh, and don't bring up the time the Genii gate activates, it's known that gates draw power from the other one in order to open, so that might enable the lights to turn on.
                  Enter my game site...

Comment

Although i'm not replying to recent posts, i would like to comment on a part in this episode.

The Teyla versus Sora. I thought it was totally crappy. I was comparing the fight with Teyla vs Ed, and Teyla vs Sora, they totally downgraded Teyla. Although some people liked the fight because it lasted more than a hit and a swing, i thought it should have been exactly that, a hit and a miss, and get knocked out (ok maybe a little longer than that), but maybe its just me and my hatred towards the fight. Also, i think it was also bad choreography compared to Teyla vs Ed.

Other than that chunk of the episode, i liked it
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                      Although i'm not replying to recent posts, i would like to comment on a part in this episode.

The Teyla versus Sora. I thought it was totally crappy. I was comparing the fight with Teyla vs Ed, and Teyla vs Sora, they totally downgraded Teyla. Although some people liked the fight because it lasted more than a hit and a swing, i thought it should have been exactly that, a hit and a miss, and get knocked out (ok maybe a little longer than that), but maybe its just me and my hatred towards the fight. Also, i think it was also bad choreography compared to Teyla vs Ed.

Other than that chunk of the episode, i liked it
                      You have to consider the weapon: a dagger.

You can't exactly do anything without having to block and evade much, not doing so will get you cut, or worse, killed VERY quickly.

You also have to notice one last thing: Teyla was holding back, NOT to kill Sora. That's something I found interesting about Teyla, even in the face of someone who wants to kill her, she persists in trying to reason.

That might come in handy sometime soon.
                      Enter my game site...

Comment

just a small gripe i noticed in this ep. When the city lost power anf the Gate etc were on pimary power, why then are the TV screens that sit in the background considered a primary system? Now dont get me wront they could be plugged into the powerpoint that is labelled Pimary power, but i'd image tv screens to be secondary power, and not needed to be on the primary power, considering it didnt really show anything except a little screensaver thingy that it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit
                          just a small gripe i noticed in this ep. When the city lost power anf the Gate etc were on pimary power, why then are the TV screens that sit in the background considered a primary system? Now dont get me wront they could be plugged into the powerpoint that is labelled Pimary power, but i'd image tv screens to be secondary power, and not needed to be on the primary power, considering it didnt really show anything except a little screensaver thingy that it does.
                          That might be excatly what you just said, screensavers.

But since they need the screens to activate the shield and all, I think they're active for that reason.
                          Enter my game site...

Comment

That might be excatly what you just said, screensavers.

But since they need the screens to activate the shield and all, I think they're active for that reason.

But the sheilds are activated from the consoles, not the screens in the background

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit
                              But the sheilds are activated from the consoles, not the screens in the background
                              While it's true the shields are activated by the consoles, I'm pretty sure the ancients had to configure where the feed would go when the shield, or any primary system for that matter, would be activated.

Not to mention the largest screen is linked to the long range sensor system, something deemed primary (long range attacks were most likely the Ancients' fear, since the shield kept anyone from penetrating into the city)

Well, you could always contact TPTB and ask why they have a plot hole in their episode, but I wouldn't go there... What with there being a couple of other "technical problems" (Stargate lights not on), TPTB might just shrug it off with some sort of over-the-top elaborate coverup just to satisfy the people who notice so much detail... ^_^
                              Enter my game site...

Comment

While it's true the shields are activated by the consoles, I'm pretty sure the ancients had to configure where the feed would go when the shield, or any primary system for that matter, would be activated.

Not to mention the largest screen is linked to the long range sensor system, something deemed primary (long range attacks were most likely the Ancients' fear, since the shield kept anyone from penetrating into the city)

TPTB might just shrug it off with some sort of over-the-top elaborate coverup just to satisfy the people who notice so much detail... ^_^

Well its probably just me being too picky. Its just that the screen is usually sitting on a screensaver doing nothing in the background, except providing background, so when it was doing the same thing as usual even with main power systems down it just triggered the thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X