No announcement yet.

The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm digging the Genii. And if you step back to look at it, they are closer to being the good guys than SGA. In their interaction with the Genii, the SGA has proven themselves to be Bullies(Sheppard practically threatened the monk guy into letting them sleep over), Thieves(SGA stole the Genii's wraith decoder ring), and Cowards(Teyla running away and leaving her partner to die).

Line of the night was when they were sitting in the Jumper going throughthe list of why the Genii don't like them and the yung guy says 'And they're pissed that Teyla killed one of their top guys'. Nice jab.

D

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
      Well that was awesome. The fact that we have to wait until next year to see the next part annoys me greatly. Aside from McKay and all the comedy lines (the Superman and Lightning parts were great), the best line in the whole episode was from the Genii commander:

"I don't like even."
      So cold. I hate his guts. Oh, and he killed our two guys in the Gate Room. I really hate him. And he ordered that McKay be tortured. I really, really hate him.

Did I mention I hate his guts?

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

This was a great episode. Waiting for 3 months will be annoying though.

Comment

Once again Atlantis is faced with competence issues.

This is supposed to be the best and the brightest, but right now they're all seeming like a bunch of morons. No way it should have been that easy for the genai to take siege. And then the rest of the team is staying there during the storm because they might risk a kid or two getting hurt? Compared with the prospect of permanently losing their central base of operations, when their CO is captured by the enemy?

These people really need to learn to prioritize.

Oh, and now Shephard the quintessential 'kid on vacation' in the Delta Qua...I mean, the Pegasus Galaxy wants to give these militants some ships in order to save one life.

I seriously cannot believe that Atlantis is being written by the same writing staff as SG1. SG1 has never had trouble prioritizing like Atlantis does, and every time the base has been taking over, the enemy at least had to work a whole lot harder to do it (What with duplicates and mind control and such, not just marching in with a team of seven or eight with a few guns). This incompetence is getting frustrating.

Comment

oh yeah, about those two guys he killed, what good is all that body armor if it does nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewbert
              oh yeah, about those two guys he killed, what good is all that body armor if it does nothing?
              The bullets the Genii have in their weapons might be armour piercing bullets

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                The bullets the Genii have in their weapons might be armour piercing bullets
                Or they could have been a higher caliber than the armor was rated for.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  Or they could have been a higher caliber than the armor was rated for.
                  that too

Comment

If Atlantis were exactly like SG-1 then it wouldn't be Atlantis, would it? I, for one, kinda like seeing the Atlantis team screw up, it proves they're human- something that occasionally gets forgotten with SG-1. The A-team DOES make mistakes, they AREN'T perfect, they can't walk on water like SG-1 can and they don't always resolve their issues in the best of ways.

Bob, I can see that you're pretty angry about this, it's the second or third post with pretty much the same complaint that I've seen. But I'd like to point out that if you keep comparing Atlantis to SG-1 and if you keep expecting it to be the same, then yes, you ARE going to be frustrated and disappointed. Atlantis isn't SG-1. Instead of hating the differences, why don't you learn to accept them and see the opportunities those differences permit in terms of storylines and character development?

I can think of instances where SG-1 has dropped the ball, too, but this is an Atlantis discussion thread and I'm in here to discuss Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      Oooh......
                      yum?????
                      sigpic
                      Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                      "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

If the Genii touch Weir they're going to learn a little pearl of wisdon that is pretty prevelant on Earth: Don't piss off the Americans, for they will hunt you down and make the rest of your life a very bad one. Seriously, Sheppard looked close to going ballistic at the end, not that I blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by BringerOfLight
                          If the Genii touch Weir they're going to learn a little pearl of wisdon that is pretty prevelant on Earth: Don't piss off the Americans, for they will hunt you down and make the rest of your life a very bad one.
                          Oh, puh-lease! Can we possibly NOT make this about "Superior Americans" vs. the rest of the universe?

I'm pulling for Rodney- the CANADIAN- doing something ridiculous to try and save Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            I'm pulling for Rodney- the CANADIAN- doing something ridiculous to try and save Weir.
                            I'm pulling for Weir to do something ridiculous to save herself

Comment

Oh, puh-lease! Can we possibly NOT make this about "Superior Americans" vs. the rest of the universe?

But everything is about our superiority....I uh mean.....

Nah. Rodney'll probably do something stupid like say, 'Well, you can't do anything without my command code, nah nah!'
                              sigpic

Comment

At the end I thought McKay looked like he was contemplating diving infront of the bullet but then I realised that if he divulged so much information from just a little cut that he wouldn't do somethin like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X