The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Anise wasn't evil, was she? Just badly written.

If we start with the end of the alphabet, bout about Zelenka? Or maybe Zipacna.
    I'll take Zipacna. I like Zelenka.

Comment

Didn't they say that there were two hurricanes merging? let's call one Anise and the other one Zipacna

Spoiler:
      [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony
      [McKay] Oh believe me. That's not the first thing we tried
      [Sheppard, smiling] I shot him!

LyneSparrow
      ** I do Believe in Furlings, I do, I do!**

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Spoiler:

I seriously doubt that 'friends' will enter into the equation after that knife fight is over.

You'd be amazed how a good azz kickin' can humble the most vengeful person...

Comment

Originally posted by Sy'onei
          Originally posted by Major Fischer
          Spoiler:
          I seriously doubt that 'friends' will enter into the equation after that knife fight is over.
          Spoiler:
          You'd be amazed how a good azz kickin' can humble the most vengeful person...
          I hope Sy'onei's response was mere speculation and not a spoiler!

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
            I hope Sy'onei's response was mere speculation and not a spoiler!
            It probably was...! (trying to keep Watcher and myself in our anti-spoiler bubble)

Spoiler:
            [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

LyneSparrow

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Raining on someone else's parade?

I think they did a hail of a good job in this ep.
              Oh, dear God, MAKE IT END!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lyne_sparrow
                Didn't they say that there were two hurricanes merging? let's call one Anise and the other one Zipacna
                That's okay with me.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  That's okay with me.
                  Maybe we should send a memo to TPTB to notice them that the hurricanes now have names

Spoiler:

LyneSparrow

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                    I know hurricanes here on earth only go up to a Cat 5, I was just wondering if on the planet where the Atlantis is if they would use Earth System or if the Ancients had their own system to measure them.
                    The current method of categorizing hurricanes here on Earth is based upon the physics of our planet - water temperature, our atmospheric temperature/composition (and thus temperature lapse rate), gravity, circumference, etc, etc... We only go to Cat 5 because this is as strong as an Earth hurricane *should* ever become. An Earth storm is limited in size and strength because of limitations of available centrifugal and coriolis forces before the storm unwinds itself.

How strong a storm could become on another planet would be dependent on the characteristics of the other planet. It's quite conceivable that hurricanes could reach size and wind speeds 10x that of Earth. Consider the great red spot on Jupiter - it could never happen on Earth but it's been on Jupiter for hundreds of years... Now that's a storm!
                    A top-secret government program involving instantaneous travel to other solar systems by means of a device known as a stargate. (Marty)
                    Sounds like a good idea for a TV show - if you're into that sort of thing. (O'Neill)

Comment

Originally posted by lyne_sparrow
                      Maybe we should send a memo to TPTB to notice them that the hurricanes now have names
                      Maybe I should take Sheppard's advice to Ford, something about not naming things ever.

Comment

Sheppard is definitely my favorite character but after seeing this episode, I'd really like to see alot more of Dr Zelenka. Not to put down McKay because he IS a great character but I prefer Zelenkas calm to McKay atitude. The two characters do play well together.

SGA seems to get better and better with each episode.
                        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                        Individuality is freedom lived.
                        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                          Sheppard is definitely my favorite character but after seeing this episode, I'd really like to see alot more of Dr Zelenka. Not to put down McKay because he IS a great character but I prefer Zelenkas calm to McKay atitude. The two characters do play well together.
                          Yes, McKay and Zelenka balance each other out nicely. Sort of like two ends on a magnet.

Comment

just saw this episode last friday and it was good...very good. if the eye is even better, im looking forward to it greatly
                            come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                              Yes, McKay and Zelenka balance each other out nicely. Sort of like two ends on a magnet.
                              Amen to that, and Zelenka puts up with McKay's attitude but when they are talking business, they can tune others out and not know that they are there, IMO.

Comment

Okay, question: If Atlantis gets it's final grounding station disconnected (if ) and the sheild becomes powered up by lightning, electrifying the halls and leaving only the command tower safe, then wouldn't all their equipment and stuff they left in the city get fried?
                                Last edited by GatetheWay; 10 December 2004, 08:07 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X