No announcement yet.

Poisoning the Well (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing Episode. Really well acted by Carson. The last bit with the woman doctor really pulled on the heart strings... Liked the Steve/Shep interactions.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Steve was great. "I am your death" - what a line.

This was definetly the best episode since Rising. Agree with the point raised earlier about them struggling for video.

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
      One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
      One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
      Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
      Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
      Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Brilliant episode. Paul McGillion was excellent. Loved the Wraith being called Steve and good Sheppard/Steve interaction also.

Comment

Yet another ace episode. It was great to see more of Beckett: he's a very skilful actor in one episode getting me to laugh out loud and reducing me to tears.

The episode seemed to deal with a lot of moral issues which was interesting. I think poisoning the well succeeded here where childhood's end fell short, well for me anyway - I felt a lot more of an emotional investment at the end when everything went to hell in a hand basket.

The Sheppard/Steve scenes were excellent. I'd seen the steve appreciation thread before this ep and didn't quite see the attraction but this episode cinched it.

I noticed the little montage set to music too, I think it was a good way to convey time passing, it worked and added a touch of class IMHO.

All in all a quality episode, one of the best so far and that's saying something

Comment

Fantastic episode!

Paul McGillion was amazing - I hear he's going to be a regular next year, which is great!!

Nice Weir/Sheppard stuff when they were discussing what to do with Steve.

And the Sheppard/Steve moments were good - Steve was quite cool actually, pity they couldn't have kept him around for a bit longer. I now see what all the fuss was about

It's nice to see they're starting to use first names a bit more.

Comment

Woah!

1. Paul McGillion brought his A-game to this ep!

2. Hmmm....tricky situation here. I don't blame the 'locals' in this ep for going down the road they did but the whole thing is a moral mess. Procedure wise they made the best of a bad situation.

Can't say I blame the Atlantis guys for saying 'we'll leave you be'. They've got their way of doing things, we've got ours and if they want to do things their way instead of ours then we're honestly of limited use to them.

Part of me still hopes they don't get completely creamed though.

Atlantis just moved up a gear though! Now, how many more gears have they got?
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Great episode.

Steve was cool. He's actually the reason why I think the Wraith are pretty cool. Too bad they killed him. I was thinking Steve would make a great candidate at making Major Sheppard's life a royal pain in the butt.

I also thought it somewhat odd that the Hoffans would commit so quickly to the drug, despite it not being thoroughly tested. But I guess i can see it from their point of view, as well. Maybe they should have exercised more caution in implementing the drug to begin with.

Comment

I think this episode was great. Good actions between the two worlds.

Beckett was great, we've learned that he seems to know a LOT! Much more than I thought he had known prior to this episode. It's a shame that he lost a good friend he had made, making me feel sorry for him.

Steve. Steve is great, I think that name suited him very well indeed. I think the interaction between Sheppard and Steve was really funny, trusting by the way of Sheppard's sense of humour.

Mainly focused around Carson and Steve, not really around others, so there isn't a lot to comment on, but I still think that world was stupid voting 96% in favor of the treatment .. stupid people.
                  __

__

Comment

Flying visit to say... fab fab fab ep. Loved it. A lot.
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I was surprised a not-in-the-credits character would get to Star in an ep this early on. Jolly good thing he did though. He's my favourite character and it was nice seeing so much more to him than the neuroses

It's nice to finally 'get' what people are on about when they talk about Steve.

Glad to see that the, um, whoever they were chose the 'wrong' way. It's always better to have aliens / offworlders behaving totally at odds to the heroes or to Earth behaviour and keeping their own standards. Makes them more alien / otherworldly. And hence more INTERESTING.

l liked Weir's indecision. I think she'd really decided to go along with Shepherd right away, but feels duty bound to hash the argument about a bit before committing. Not very military, but very diplomat.

Good ep.

Madeleine

Comment

A very good episode, and like most people I thought that Beckett/Paul McGillion was great in this episode, definately becoming one of the better characters in the series. I also find it a little strange that the show would choose to focus on character development for one of the background characters when main characters like Teyla and Ford are desparately in need of some.

Also liked the scenes between Sheppard/Steve, and it's a shame that they killed him off so fast.

Comment

I thought this episode was good Really nice to see Beckett have a major role in this ep! Oh and I loved Steve in it My favourite Atlantis ep so far I think

Comment

I enjoyed this episode, and I'm glad that the writers seem to have shied away from the "comic Scot" roll they were in danger of giving Beckett in the first 2 episodes.

Shame they killed off Steve, though. There could have been some interesting twists, if he had been kept alive.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                              Shame they killed off Steve, though. There could have been some interesting twists, if he had been kept alive.
                              That really surprised me. I wasn't expecting Steve to die. I actually felt sorry for him in the end!

But Paul McGillion was fantastic in this episode!
                              "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

watching this again on the preview dvd that comes with SG1V38! Some funny bits, reference to McCoy and an interesting story idea.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X