No announcement yet.

Poisoning the Well (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else notice that when they where going thro the gate with steve, when we say out the cockpit when Ford was dialing they where still in the jumper bay and once hed finished dailing they where in the gate room?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The guy who was the test subject was just in Dead Like Me, lol, he got killed by a shoe. I love seeing SG actors in other shows!
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

To be honest i feel this was the most boring of all atlantis episodes. Sure there was alot of story telling and we needed to find out the info but it was just lacking imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
          To be honest i feel this was the most boring of all atlantis episodes. Sure there was alot of story telling and we needed to find out the info but it was just lacking imo.

Not every episode has to have lots of explosions in it to be good. PTW was a great character piece, not just for Carson, but also for Sheppard and Elizabeth. While I wouldn't put it in my top 5 for the season, I definetly wouldn't call it "lacking" by any means.
          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

People like episodes for varying reasons.

I like PTW because i'm a certified Wraith worshipper, and Steve absolutely kicks major butt in the Wraith department.

I also liked Beckett's performance, too. PTW was a strong Beckett episode, and he shined pretty well, (though not as brightly as Steve).

Comment

I don't know if this has been said but I wonder if the team is still working on the drug. If they could find out who would be neg. effected by the drug and who it will protect then it would be good for the team.

Or they could try and make an aerosol of the blocker/poison and create a good BC (biological/chemical) weapon. Or dip their bullets in the chem. or create darts to deliver it directly in the body of Wraith.....
              "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
              of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
              Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
              because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
              of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
              another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

ha, just noticed that Allison Hossack plays the smart hot chick in both this episode and SG-1's "Cure".

Both deal with a magic drug that does something amazing. And, she's kinda the same character in both...

Evidently in Atlantis, they are allowed to reuse actors

Comment

Originally posted by saxamoophone
                  ha, just noticed that Allison Hossack plays the smart hot chick in both this episode and SG-1's "Cure".

Both deal with a magic drug that does something amazing. And, she's kinda the same character in both...

Evidently in Atlantis, they are allowed to reuse actors
                  They use many of the same actors in most of the shows taped in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada) as they don't have as large a base of actors as you'd find in Hollywood or NYC. The producers might fly in a big name actor for a guest starring role, but not for the everyday background and recurring characters. One of the reasons RDA left SG1 is because he wants to spend more time with his family, who doesn't live in Canada.

Some of the advantages for taping in Vancouver include lower production costs and availablilty of all sorts of outdoor backgrounds to accommodate almost any scene (cityscape, wooded areas, all four seasons--rain, snow, sunshine, clouds, etc.) compared to Hollywood and NYC. I think we'll see more new actors flocking to Vancouver to get their start in the business, but for now expect to see many of the same faces from other shows.
                  Last edited by kimaken; 02 August 2005, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Eirual here, I love this episode because of two reasons:

It was my first complete Atlantis episode I ever watched (It came with the first SG-1 dvd for season 8).

It introduced me to the character of Carson Beckett who is easily my favourite character to date.

I'm glad I got the chance to become a fan of it.

SUPPORT THE ROCKETT!!!
                    Rockett_Series inspired by the funniest thread on the interweb/(under construction)

eirual + nerrad = nerual

Comment

this was a very good episode and one of my favorites. It had some good lines
                      sigpic
                      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Man the ending of that episode was realy bitter. However I cant believe that they seriously wanted to take the drug to different planets were they insane.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
                          this was a very good episode and one of my favorites. It had some good lines
                          Definately, especially Steve's whole deal with sheppard. Okeydokey, im gonna go make myself a sandwich.

McKAY: C'mon, how often do you get to travel to an alien planet?

BECKETT: I was already on an alien planet!

Just to name a few.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Ya those were some realy great quotes but there were some real break throughs with our understanding of the wraith. When shepard started pittying the steve. Steve got pissed off and pushed him away they obviously have some real psychological issues.
                            sigpic

Comment

Re-watching this i notised something, the drug was made from someone who couldnt be eaten by the wraith! Ronan couldnt be eaten by the wraith!!
                              PERNA: The key. (She opens the book.) His journals tell of one man who survived an encounter with the Wraith. Ferrel and his team discovered that this man possessed a unique protein, one that enabled him to resist the chemical released by the Wraith to precipitate draining of life from their victims. After painstaking trial and error ...
                              BECKETT (looking at the book): Ferrel made a copy of the protein.
                              PERNA: He was eventually able to create a prototype of a drug designed to interfere with the Wraith feeding process.
                              BECKETT: And it worked?
                              PERNA: Ferrel was killed before the drug could be used to defend Hoff.
                              WE know alot more about how wraith feed, with the enzyme and what not, i reacon we should take another crack at this drug.
                              Hola

Hello

Comment

I think the same, BC....

This is an aspect of Ronon that the writers doesn't take count or may be they are waiting for a key moment to show up with this.... May be the man Perna talked about from the book was in fact a Satedan.... we don't know if the protein that Ronon have is a characteristic only in him or all the Satedans..... may be in Season 3 we'll know more about this.... hope so!....

sigpic
                                ----------------------------
                                Stars are not the limit.....
                                The galaxies are not the limit....
                                Your imagination have the last word...

----------------------------

Raziel...

Comment

Working...
                                X