• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its always good with useless opinions

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
      I
      Personally, I think McKay says Zed PM once to irk Sheppard then goes back to saying ZPM.
      Not being picky but this is bugging me - after 5 watches I still don't think that McKay ever uses ZEE PEE EM, so can you tell me when he does? Anyhow as a Londoner I would quite happilly use the term ZEE PEE EM if everyone else around me was using that term, it would become part of the dictionary like OK is around the World.
      jan t
      jan t

Comment

I was fairly underwhelmed by this episode. Couple things bothered me:
        1. The recycling of actors is getting to be a little too much. I know the talent pool in Canada is smaller compared to Hollyweird, but the guy last night was a major character in an SG-1 episode.
        2. What is the focus of this show supposed to be? So far, while it is supposed to be in another galaxy, it just seems a rehash of SG-1.

Shouldn't there be more emphasis on exploring the the city? Investigating Ancient technology? Learning about their history? Or maybe going through the mission logs of the ancients and trying to see if there might be some lost Ancient colonies in the Pegasus Galaxy? So far, there seems to be more meaningless meandering than purposeful traveling.

The above doesn't mean I'll stop watching or that I hate the show, I was just hoping that Atlantis would differentiate itself from SG-1 just a little more.

Comment

This is the dullest Atlantis show to date IMO.

Comment

I thought of the Swiss Family Robinson. Or possibly the Ewok village. That Robin Williams movie was too stupid to imprint on my brain much, fortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
              Personally, I think McKay says Zed PM once to irk Sheppard then goes back to saying ZPM.
              LOL. Do you realise that a non-american would read what you wrote as "McKay says Zed PM once to irk Sheppard then goes back to saying Zed PM"? Of course, you mean he went back to saying "Zee PM"...

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
                I thought the kid who ran back to tell Aries the device worked was the kid from The Light, can't remember his name.
                Yah, I noticed too. His name was Loren when he was in The Light. Which reminds me. What happened to Loren? Didnt he come to live at the SGC just like Nyan?

I didnt notice the kid from 100 Days though. Maybe I just havent watched that episode enough.

I thought the ep was okay. Loved the little kids and the chocolate!
                Last edited by TechnoBoY; 15 August 2004, 02:46 PM.
                "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  - Is this the first episode with no Dr. Beckett?
                  Can't say that I noticed him or Grodin for that matter, but both of them got credits
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Z_2
                    McKay should've been known better than to take something that wasn't his. Was he just gonna rationalize that the Atlantis team needed it more than the kids? He should've thought it through, imo. Some possible questions? "Why is this zpm here?" Or, "does the zpm provide some necessary value to the inhabitants?" But, the story wouldn't be going in the current direction...
                    IMO, the SGA team is never going to find a ZPM that isn't in use by peoples who need it more than they do, or that are not used up, burnt out, damaged, etc.

That is until it's time to end the series by bringing them back.

Unless it *sob* would get canceled.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

No, the kid near the end who saw the probe go down and ran to tell Ares about it was Shane Meier, the actor who played Garan in "A Hundred Days."

Kristian Ayre played Loren in "The Light," and he wasn't in this episode. They do look a little alike, though ...

Darren

Comment

Re: the Treehouses- I knew that they were probably just CGI. Practically, speaking, I didn't know how the set crew could afford the time and money to construct them. But STILL, they looked so darn real that I was duly impressed! *BIG claps to the set folks*

Re: Mc Kay and the kids- When I hit adulthood, I used to worry that I would be a sucky parent. When I see people like Mc Kay who are truly ill at ease with kids, it makes me feel better about my own parenting skills. When he wasn't just being mean and he truly was frustrated, I felt sorry for him.

The little girl tearing up was a classic. As a woman, I almost feel sorry for men when that happens. Almost.
                        "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

I'm being bad again because I haven't read the whole thread.

This episode did seem very SG-1 to me although I didn't mind it.

I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but I was very disturbed about the suicide pact. Who put this pact together? A ZPM was required to make the sheild work, so who constructed the sheild? Did the Ancients do this? Did the Ancients think so little of these people that they didn't think they could tell them the truth as the Atlantis team did?

Regardless of who put the sheild together, these tribes could have been told the truth and then made their own decision on what to do.

It disturbs me greatly to think the Ancients could have orchestrated this. My husband sees no problem with it, but for me, it likens the Ancients to the Goa'uld since they think so little of these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Posherella
                            I'm being bad again because I haven't read the whole thread.

This episode did seem very SG-1 to me although I didn't mind it.

I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but I was very disturbed about the suicide pact. Who put this pact together? A ZPM was required to make the sheild work, so who constructed the sheild? Did the Ancients do this? Did the Ancients think so little of these people that they didn't think they could tell them the truth as the Atlantis team did?

Regardless of who put the sheild together, these tribes could have been told the truth and then made their own decision on what to do.

It disturbs me greatly to think the Ancients could have orchestrated this. My husband sees no problem with it, but for me, it likens the Ancients to the Goa'uld since they think so little of these people.

I assumed that it was the ancestors of those people that built the shield, most likely with scavanged Ancient tech (at least for power). The whole deal about die peacfully or you wont get into heaven was probably a part of their religion from the get go and the reason for the shield was to give as large a part of the population as possible a chance to live and die peacfully. That's what their belivies led them to.

And things haven't been solved now. The sheild WILL fail, it's just a matter of time.

Comment

That was--besides the kids--one of the reasons I didn't really like the episode. It had so many creepy overtones to it that just weren't addressed. It could have very well been the Ancients that instituted the pact. They've shown some very ... odd values before.

Comment

Could Keras be a recurring character?
                                When they were talking about coming back and seeing how they were doing, it seemed to me like he was going to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X