No announcement yet.

Thirty Eight Minutes (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've for a long long time had a hair-rant in me, although it has never applied to Stargate before. But here goes:

Has no one told Teyla about the magical invention known as the hair-bobble? the elastic band? the bar-clip? SCISSORS?

When you're running about trying to escape from wraith you don't want thousands of fillaments close to your face with the potential to get blown in front of your eyes, do you? If you're trying to assist in a life-or-death medical whatnot you don't want hair dangling into wounds or within grabbing distance of whatever appendages that a FAB migh turn out to have.

Naquadah-enhanced hairgel may be warm and tough, but no way is it a substitute for a decent plait.

LEARN ABOUT PONY-TAILS.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      I've for a long long time had a hair-rant in me, although it has never applied to Stargate before. But here goes:

LEARN ABOUT PONY-TAILS.
      well, there is a reason why women (and men, come to that) in the Military have to conform to hair regs.

Of course, if she tucked it up in a nice helmet, she'd have even more protection....

in fact, if Shephard had been wearing a helmet, maybe the bug might not have been able to get him (and we'd have been deprived not only an angsty ep but also the sight of his hair...)
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

So far so good.

4th episode, and I have yet to find anything to dislike about atlantis.

This was an excellent ep., although the McKay whining was beginning to grate a little.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
          This was an excellent ep., although the McKay whining was beginning to grate a little.
          But McKay saved the day!!

He's just a big damn hero, so I don't mind if he complains a little bit.
          "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
            Ok, so Rodney whined. But, frankly I'd be scared out of my mind if after spending all my life in a research lab I now find myself about to die in the cold vacuum of space. And if I thought it was all up to me to figure out a way to save not only myself, but the lives of 5 other people. That idea is rather overwhelming. No wonder McKay needed a little prodding from Ford to get back to work.

McKay is the only "non-warrior" on the team. He's bound to look a little deficient in the bravery department, at least for now. He just needs more practice. But he always comes thru. It just takes him a little longer to gather up his courage.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Another good episode (just hope they keep up the good work). Sheppard really is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer

Unfortunately the character of Dr. Weir isn't served really well by any of those things. I think 38 Minutes and HIde and Seek are the worst examples of bad writing for Weir.

At some point, and I'm not sure where, I think they gave her a bit of a sarcastic sense of humor later in the season and it made her more likeable for me.
                Maybe all that time with McKay rubs off on her, she certainly seems to on him - less doom and gloom attitude for him since those epsiodes as well.

Comment

Has anyone tried tranlating the bits and bob of anciet seen in the episode?
                  i know other things have been like the stairs in the gate room but here there were several pj and console with ancient writing. like the side of the unit Zelenka was working on, seemed to either have pattern or ancient on it and the blue lit up bits at later scene when Ford was pulling the thing to release hatch.
                  Just curious to what they say and wondered if anyones found out already.

Comment

Originally posted by Meg_Ann
                    I know, that's exactly what he was doing, but according to the science of this Atlantis episode he shouldn't have rematerialized on the SGC side of the Stargate until ALL of his matter was through, in one big clump.
                    O'Neill did not put his hand back into the event horizon after he came through, because that would have destroyed his hand.
                    Instead, he walked slowly through, and did not let his hand fully rematerialise at the SGC. With this happening, it would not be until 38 minutes were up, that the wormhole would have closed, but the Asgard were beaming up the base, and the rogue NID had no time to wait 38 minutes.
                    End Transmission.

Comment

Flash-back episodes drive me crazy. And this episode hardly had any action in it
                      Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by Luke80a
                        O'Neill did not put his hand back into the event horizon after he came through, because that would have destroyed his hand.
                        Instead, he walked slowly through, and did not let his hand fully rematerialise at the SGC. With this happening, it would not be until 38 minutes were up, that the wormhole would have closed, but the Asgard were beaming up the base, and the rogue NID had no time to wait 38 minutes.

Actually it wouldn't have destroyed his hand. On many eps they show that you can stick any body part through an incoming wormhole and nothing happen until you go all the way through. Its an Ancient fail safe device most likely. Jack's hand wouldn't be cut off until the wormhole disengaged.

Comment

I can't wait for the episode to be aired. It will appear on my screen on Thursday... Can't wait...
                          Creator of the JD Alterthos Fantasy Setting (c)2002-2006 Jason Downs (AKA. DarkBlastoise)

Comment

I can't wait for 38 Mins either. Sure, I've seen it like 3 times already, but it's a Brad Wright episode, and they're always gold. Plus it has lots of McKay and even Zelenka in it (his first Atlantis ep!).

BYE
                            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

38 Minutes is my favourite episode. It's just teeters on the verge of angsty fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                Ok, so Rodney whined. But, frankly I'd be scared out of my mind if after spending all my life in a research lab I now find myself about to die in the cold vacuum of space. And if I thought it was all up to me to figure out a way to save not only myself, but the lives of 5 other people. That idea is rather overwhelming. No wonder McKay needed a little prodding from Ford to get back to work.

McKay is the only "non-warrior" on the team. He's bound to look a little deficient in the bravery department, at least for now. He just needs more practice. But he always comes thru. It just takes him a little longer to gather up his courage.
                                Have to agree with the poster saying that McKay is rather grating.
                                I'm finding him rather tiresome and I've only now seen 4 eps. I hope he aint like it for the rest of the season.
                                Scifi shows now seem to always require the comic relief/ perpetually afraid/whiney character- that first appeared with the Dr Smith Character in Lost In Space.
                                Smith, however, was GOLD , Makay, on the other hand, is pure lead.
                                The bug on Sheppard reminded me of the big bug which attatched itself to Belanna in the Star Trek Voyager ep .

Comment

Working...
                                X