X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
    but you better believe TPTB won't bring her back
    And thank heavens for that!
    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

It's well documented? I didn't know that. I know we won't see her again, but it's still fun to imagine. That second time she showed quite an elaborate level of sneakiness...

Although if they were to bring back any dead god, I'd want it to be Nirrti. Of course, with Jonas as good as dead and gone forever, there wouldn't be much point in her return. *sigh*

I wonder if they'll ever get into any mythologies on Atlantis...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        It's well documented? I didn't know that.
        Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read that to save my life. But I know I've read it several places. One thing I distinctly remember is that it was said that RDA hated the character and that when he says "I was so hoping never to see you again" in the episode he actually meant it. It was also said that the only reason they even brought her back was that she was the only Goa'uld they could logically fit into that particular story.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          One thing I distinctly remember is that it was said that RDA hated the character and that when he says "I was so hoping never to see you again" in the episode he actually meant it.
          That explains a lot, actually. I think I'll refrain from further comment.

Comment

Okay, stupid question time. I can't find the answer anywhere else on the forum, so I'm about to burst.

I noticed that neither Ford nor Mc Kay had their (country of origin) flag patches on their arms. When I watch Atlantis for the 4- 1,000 time, I just FF to the Mc Kay scenes (what can I say- I'm obsessed) and when I see a Maple Leaf, I hit play. But I noticed a blank spot on his arm and later on Ford.

Anybody got any idea why the patches were gone?
            "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

didn't they take their jackets off?

Comment

Yeah, at one point they did. But in the beginning of the episode, they're both standing there with the jackets on and no flag patches. I wondered if it had something to do with the mission they were on.

Comment

I could have sworn I saw McKay with a flag patch in Rising, now I need to go back and check.

Comment

Oh, McKay definitely wears the flag patch MOST of the time. And I'd swear I saw it at some point in 38M, but I think what rihannsu is saying is that at one point in the ep, McKay and Ford were NOT wearing their country patches...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Oh, McKay definitely wears the flag patch MOST of the time. And I'd swear I saw it at some point in 38M, but I think what rihannsu is saying is that at one point in the ep, McKay and Ford were NOT wearing their country patches...

Yep, that's it. I never saw them on their jackets.

Just had a thought, though (ouch!!) are those new jackets we've seen for the first time and wardrobe just didnt' have time to sew anything on them?

Comment

Looks like it's a velcro-type "attach flag/patch here" thingy - which I guess would make sense if the uniform-wearer wished to remove their nice, bright, obvious-to-enemies flags/patches while out on a mission...for "Hide and Seek" (an Atlantis-based episode) Sheppard, Ford and Stackhouse (?) wore their U.S. flags and "Atlantis" patches.

Notice also that the military are no longer wearing their rank (the only ones in "Rising" doing so were the Marines - and the shiny insignia (worn only on the dress uniforms) worn on the MARPATs too - wrong. I have no clue why they're no longer wearing their rank.
                        We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Comment

Maybe it's a "covert op" thing... although why details like that should matter on an alien planet in an alien galaxy are beyond me. Force of habit, I guess.

Comment

Makes sense. And from experience, I can tell you there ain't nothing "covert" about that bright Maple Leaf. I can see Mr. Cutie in a split second with that thing.

Comment

Most military uniforms have the velcro for country insignia and rank. When going into potentially enemy territory they remove identifying patches. I noticed the lack of patches also. I think they've got some pretty good military advising going on because they seem to get most things right, including this little bit.

Most of the goofs we see are label insignia on wrong, in the eps. Hathor, Fraiser I think it was, had her Captains bars on sideways.
                              sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed 38 minutes and I agree with you ugly pig that when I first saw the FAB I though must be a newborn wraith.

Comment

Working...
                                X