Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kes
    Random thoughts on the premiere:

*The Wraith. Reserving judgment until I see a little more of them. I guess they didn't impress me that much this first time. I think I kept getting distracted by the bad teeth and wondering if the evening gown was an old Donna Karan that I once saw Barbra Streisand wear.
    That was Streisand, wasn't it?

Pat

Comment

The SciFi Channel's "Stargate Atlantis" site has an content in their
      episode guide for 'Rising':

Rising - Part One

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episod...n1/episode101/

Includes four photos and an episode synopsis.

Rising - Part Two

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episod...n1/episode102/

Includes four photos, an episode synopsis, and a cast list.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
      http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Wraith bad teeth? I thought they were braces, lol.

Cool episode regardless. Do the Wraith even need teeth? Looks like they eat with their hands!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm sitting here with this stupid grin on my face. Great work! Two thumbs up...waaay up! What a way to start a series...again! I have been trying to avoid major spoilers about plotlines, so it was great fun!

The cast was great, the story was a whirlwind and the FX were grand! I especially liked the floating gate, the Wraith ships and Sumner's demise! I think the cast is going to be just fab and I could easily become a big fan of Beckett.

It was a little strange seeing Garwin Sanford playing Weir's S.O., but I'm glad he got the part. The TPTB should have known the SG-1 fans would have noticed, though. My husband - who doesn't read spoilers or forums and sometimes has the attention span of a gnat while watching TV - said, "Hey, isn't that..." so, oh well! It was also nice to see Christopher Heyerdahl back from S7's Revisions. I really liked him as an actor.

Great job all around. Can't wait to see more!
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Brilliant!

I loved McKay, definately my favourite character. Beckett is second. Can't wait to see more, no matter how detailed the synopseseseseses I read were, there were still surprises, like Simon (who I didn't see as Narim ).

I can't wait until next week, should be some quality McKay stuff (He went hunting for Luke at the end of the episode )

Comment

Originally posted by Adamixoye
              I love the drones.
              Glowy Jellyfish of doom.
              sigpic

Comment

Just adding my voice to the positive reviews! I wasn't planning to get so hooked so fast but the excellent special effects, the characters' interaction, the writing, the humor - what's not to like? Kudos to TPTB for getting this one *right*! The "Rising of Atlantis" may become one of the most memorable and exciting scenes in scifi - it was technically and aesthetically glorious, especially with the sun shining on the set.

No need to say more right now as I would just be repeating what most of you have already been writing (although the Donna Karan gown was quite an original reply!) ... how great to have a second Stargate to watch on Friday nights

One thought, though ... at the little banquet/reception at the end, I wondered how they were going to procure a constant supply of "fresh food"? Hope they like *fish*!

Comment

Originally posted by Adamixoye
                  Yes and yes, except Narim was Tollan, not Tok'ra.
                  Ooops!! Yes, Tollan. I was sooooooo tired when I posted.
                  All that hanging on the edge of my seat and such...

OzGirl

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                  appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                  full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                  in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    What happened to no ship on Atlantis though? It sure looks like there's something between Sheppard and Teyla but maybe it's just my imagination. I don't really care one way or another. But I really like the Sheppard character. He's great.
                    I saw that ship too! I don't know, this pilot was probably written last fall when they were casting and maybe they decided to leave in the little shippy bits in the premiere but back off of anything overt for the remainder of the first season. I think they ought to just see how things go as they develop the characters.

I'll join you in saying I really liked the Sheppard character - A LOT. He's somewhat like the Jack O'Neill of the early seasons of SG-1, but different enough that I think I'll probably stop comparing them after a few more episodes. I also didn't mind that the writers decided to not have him play "dumb" too much. I inwardly cheered when he came up with the 720 so quickly when McKay was rattling on about gate address permutations.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I didn't interpret the interaction between John and Teyla as at all "shippy". She commented earlier that the Colonel "looked right through her" but that he didn't. She liked it that he accepted her as a person AND the leader of her people - without immediately assuming: 'these folks are less advanced than us, so how much help could they be - and by the way *I'm" the top dog around here' attitude that the Colonel displayed.

Yes, I missed Chevron Guy too. Loved the lemon comment by McKay - Luke must be skulking around somewhere!

Overall - two thumbs up for the series premiere. Great job all around!
                      sigpic

Comment

What can I say but,"Way Cool!"

Great cast,good chemistry all around.I liked Ford & Sheppard's interaction a lot.I'm guessing the "Ancient's" devices are responding to Sheppard's "ancient -gene".
                        Btw,the exchange at the end with Becett & McKay,where McKay is munching away I could have sworn he said [with alarm ] "Is this Orange?".A couple people have mentioned "Lemon"[per the attempted death-by-lemon-chicken-courtesy-of-Luke ]so maybe I didn't hear it right.Either way,it's citrus & so bad for his complexion,what with hives & swelling & all...
                        I'm really fond of Beckett & hope they develope Ford's character further as well.
                        That's about it for now.
                        nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

He asked "Is this lemon?" And that was Luke, he was there in spirit!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

This is something that bothers me. The Atlantis Team are in another galaxy and are the only ones who have guns, they will run out of ammo. Why did they not bring some Zats and Staff weapons? I know it's probably because the production staff want to seperate the two shows but still, it bothers me.
                            Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
                            Daniel: Niet.
                            Jack: Daniel!
                            Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
                            -1969 (221)

Comment

Beats me.
                              Some think they were afraid that the Ancients would not accept them if they had Goa'uld weapons, but I don't think so.

The Ancients know the diffence between weapons and a symbiote.

They should have brought staffs and zats.

Sure the Zats might not work against the Wraith, seeing that they aren't evolved humans, but the Staffs would have worked.

Comment

A zat with three blasts would be very handy to have.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X