No announcement yet.

Rising, Part 2 (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, a very fantastic intorduction into Stargate Atlanits, the specail effects and all great job. I have liked Stargate Atlantis from the very begining, I also liked they way the characters were introduced into the series and, dam to many things to say to simplfy it i liked this episode and i would give it a 9/10 in my books

Proud Supporter of:
    - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
    - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

i loved this episode as we got to see a whole room full of those puddlejumpers but does anyone know how many there are in that room above the gateroom or if there are any more rooms like it.

Comment

I am pretty sure that is the only room with puddle jumpers in it. I have never taken the time to count all of them but probably as many as 15-25 of them.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, the rising is the best part.

today i came home and turned on the TV and saw that Rising was about to start on Sky two, i was pleased to see it was part 2, i watched part 1 last week.

For the first time i put my TV to Maximum capasity when the City sheilds failed, It such a brilliant moment of TV. And with my TV full volume the room was actualy shacking, and my heart was pounding, even though its like the 20th time seeing it rise, its still brilliant. One of the best scenes in Stargate. Long live Atlantis
          Hola

Hello

Comment

I always found the special effect on the rise scene really impressive. They did a fantastic job on it.
            I have to agree with you on this it's definitely one of the best part of this ep!

Comment

Yes it definately is one of the best scenes of the first season.
              sigpic

Comment

Atlantis rising to the surface is still some of the best five minutes of tv that I have seen in a long, long time. I love that part--I've seen the episode about five times now and I still get excited every time the city bursts through the surface. Awesome!
                thankee toasteronfire

Comment

What about the scene where the shield raises in "the eye", I think that is just as good as atlantis rising.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                    What about the scene where the shield raises in "the eye", I think that is just as good as atlantis rising.
                    A little better, in my opinion. In Rising we (the A-Team) really had no idea what they were in for or what was going on. In The Eye, there was a better sense of peril due to the fact that the city was about to be pasted by a "mega storm from Hell". But we were all saved by Rodney's impeccable sense of timing, as usual
                    sigpic
                    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

As usual haha.
                      sigpic

Comment

As i said in my post in the first part thread, the second part is more conventional: we discover the enemy, we are captured by the enemy and we flee ^^... I can agree to people who say it looks like SG1 pilot.
                        However, it is needed... ^^ and quite correct
                        Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Sorry about the topic revival (or are episodes immune), but I was wondering:

At what times (00:00) in this episode are there gross scenes with the Wraith?

Comment

What's your definition of "gross"?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                              What's your definition of "gross"?
                              Like, devoured humans, hideous Wraith screaming, making disgusting gestures with their suckers, and/or teeth...basically anything that could give a young(ish) child nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by JediCavalier
                                Like, devoured humans, hideous Wraith screaming, making disgusting gestures with their suckers, and/or teeth...basically anything that could give a young(ish) child nightmares.
                                I can't tell you the exact times without watching it all over again, but I should think the worst bit is all the stuff with Sumner towards the end. But I would advise you to watch it all on your own first and decide for yourself which bits you wouldn't want your child to watch.
                                Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Working...
                                X