Rising, Part 2 (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G
    3. The FX for the city rising were cool - but I'm not quite sure why the city rose in the first place - the Athosian came steaming in, the city looked about to sink and suddenly it starts rising? WTF?
    Built-in safety feature. Once the shield runs out of power, the city rises to the surface.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Loved part two! Atlantis rising from the bottom of the ocean was just amazing. I think the city will make a really great base for the show.

Glad we got to see a bit more of Ford in this episode - he seems like he might be a fun character after all. Still not sure about Teyla though. And it's a real shame about Robert Patrick.

Also, Puddle Jumper - what an adorable name!

And did that Wraith with the red hair remind anyone else of Marilyn Manson?
      "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

The actual rising was in part 2 ?
        No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
        I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
        Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Furling God
          The actual rising was in part 2 ?
          Yes, the dividing point was the attack on Teyla's village.

Comment

As is usual with a two part episode, most of the action happens in part 2.

It was excellent, all of it.
            The puddlejumper, the Wraith, the fights, The city rising, etc.

Can't wait for next Tuesday!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
              As is usual with a two part episode, most of the action happens in part 2.

It was excellent, all of it.
              The puddlejumper, the Wraith, the fights, The city rising, etc.

Can't wait for next Tuesday!
              I agree, but the following episodes were not at all on that level of excellence. That is why I complain so much. I had signed for the level of Rising 1 and 2.

Rising part 2, although containing brilliant pieces like the rising of the city, already contains some awful details that announce the plague of dramatic inconsistencies in the next episodes.

- The first time you see the female Wraith in Sumner's back. That mouth... that sort of smile... just like a clown... you expect her to say: "surprise !" I almost thought they had found the planet of the clown in "The Simpsons".

- The weakness of the Wraiths, you can enter their hives as you want, can destroy their walls with C2, can shoot their fighters with guns, can kill them with a spade in the chest. Not possibly those who defeated the Ancients. The Ancients would have analysed that hive even before entering the planet anyway. Could not have "stumbled" upon that ennemy. The Wraiths in Rising part 1 were terrific, mysterious. I thought the forearm was threatening. Should have remained at that level.
              No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
              I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
              Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Thought parts 1 and 2 were fantastic and a great start to the series. Liking the cast as well, Shepperd, Weir and McKay all look like being great characters.

Think the Wraith need a bit more work, I mean these are the race that are responsible for defeating the ancients, yet it looked just a little to easy to walk into there ship and rescue the people. Maybe now they're all awake they'll be more formidable.

Atlantis rising from the ocean looked great, good FX.

Really looking forward to the next episode tonight.

Comment

I've just seen both Rising 1 and 2, and actually I'm quite disappointed.
                  The Wraith ... oh man, O'Neill would say "the mother of all clichés" like over 40 times ...
                  So stereotypical.

Comment

Brilliant. This and the first were good starts to the first season of SGA. Dont think they should have killed Sumner so quick though. That was kind of a dissapointment.

Comment

what type of wraith did she say she was? a keeper?
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

"I am merely the Keeper for those who sleeps" or something like that.

Comment

ok thanks alot!
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Terok
                            ...I mean these are the race that are responsible for defeating the ancients, yet it looked just a little to easy to walk into there ship and rescue the people. Maybe now they're all awake they'll be more formidable.
                            Personally, I don't think the wraith are the "powerful enemy" that the Ancients described. The Ancients even admitted that the Wraith's technology wasn't how they got the upper hand, rather it was their numbers. I think there's a good chance that the "powerful enemy" probably created the Wraith to attack the Ancients.
                            Spoiler:
                            It could be the beings who created the nanovirus in Hot Zone

Comment

Originally posted by chanvw
                              Personally, I don't think the wraith are the "powerful enemy" that the Ancients described.
                              Spoiler:
                              Then you are wrong.
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

The Wraith didnt defeat the Ancients through superior technology but through overwhelming odds. And by overwhelming i mean 100's to 1. SPOILERS UNDERGROUND
                                Spoiler:
                                When they get the information that they stole they find out there is over 40 hive ships in their sector alone. Thats alot.

Comment

Working...
                                X