No announcement yet.

Rising, Part 2 (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent Episode. Liked the "GateShip1" "GateShip1?" "McKay named it" "Well it that case it officail. we don't let McKay name Anything." Exchange anfd the "Even with the 6 symbols Lt Ford gave there as still thousand hundreds.." Shep interupts wit the no. (what ever 6! is).. I knew thta i Just didn't nkow you Knew that."

So basiclly very happy Just one flaw: That isn't their permant credit sequence is it? Please don't say it is. Cause just the names and a moving blu background is NOT adecent sequence.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Generally a good episode, I love this Ancient tech, it is truly amazing stuff. Thinking of something lets you do it! I liked it when Sheppard asked for the turkey sandwich and they all stare around! lol
      __

__

Comment

A briliant episode. Love the PJ. I like the characters of Sheppard, Beckett and McKay. Beckett is hilarious. Excellent start to Atlantis, hope it continues.

Comment

Enjoyed that very much!!

I love these characters - quite enjoyed the Sheppard/Ford stuff, and McKay was very cool - bringing Sheppard to the puddle jumpers, trying to comfort Weir. The 'discussion' about naming the puddle jumpers was great! Sheppard figuring out how to work it & asking for a turkey sandwich, lol!
          The city rising looked quite cool...not too sure about the opening credits though. I like the theme, but just staring at water isn't the most interesting way to start a show...

Pity Sumner couldn't be in more eps, but then I knew he'd be gone by the end of this one...

I thought the wraith were creepy. The Goa'uld never scared me, but they do...

McKay & Beckett at the end were hilarious - 'Why can't I make friends like that?' 'You need to get out more'...and 'Is there lemon in this?' LOL!!

All in all, thought it was a great ep!!

Comment

That's not the regular credit sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              Huh???

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                Huh???
                The UK viewers were all expressing concern about the title sequence for the second part of rising, and I was just confirming that it's not the regular sequence. For both Rising 1 and Rising 2 they used episode specific title sequences so as not to give away the cool shots from those episodes that they used for the main credits.

Comment

I have seen both parts of the pilot now and think it’s fantastic. I hope the rest of the series lives up to the potential that this series has.

The Wraith really are very scary and it was a very spooky moment when they started to come to life at the end.

I like the new regulars particularly Major Shepard and the Scottish Doctor (what was his name again), but I did prefer the original Dr Wier.

Anyway I’m looking forward to the next episode.
                  “You're a perfect devil, Dodger!” she was saying. “That's what you are! You are the devil himself!”
                  “Yes, I know,” I said, loving to look at her, to see the anger pumping her so full of life. “And I love to hear you say it, Charlotte. I need to hear you say it. I don't think anyone will ever say it quite like you do. Come on, say it again. I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!”

Comment

Originally posted by Dodger
                    II like the new regulars particularly Major Shepard and the Scottish Doctor (what was his name again), but I did prefer the original Dr Wier.
                    The medical doctor's name is Dr. Carson Beckett. Beckett, like the writer, or the guy from Quantum Leap.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                      A briliant episode. Love the PJ. I like the characters of Sheppard, Beckett and McKay. Beckett is hilarious. Excellent start to Atlantis, hope it continues.

I love these lines :

McKay: "You need to get out more."
                      Beckett: "We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get?"

I love those lines!
                      __

__

Comment

Man... With all this talk of the special title sequence for part 2, I'd sure like to see it. Just out of curiousity...
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

No you wouldn't UP it was a very brief version of the regular musical score while staring at the surface of the sea from the bottom then the camera panned down to the city that was all. We also got a 'previously on' from DH because in their wisdom Sky split the story in two.
                          jan t
                          jan t

Comment

Originally posted by jantreeuk1
                            No you wouldn't UP it was a very brief version of the regular musical score while staring at the surface of the sea from the bottom then the camera panned down to the city that was all. We also got a 'previously on' from DH because in their wisdom Sky split the story in two.
                            jan t
                            Sky isn't responsible for cutting the story in two... When double-length special episodes of a TV series are made, they usually make a two-episode standard length version of it as well, for use in syndication or repeats or whatever. Most likely, Sky simply purchased this version.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                              Thank goodness for that!!!

Comment

OK...

1. The Wraith were OK but not cack-your-pants territory

2. All stuff involving the puddle jumper was class!

3. The FX for the city rising were cool - but I'm not quite sure why the city rose in the first place - the Athosian came steaming in, the city looked about to sink and suddenly it starts rising? WTF?

4. McKay might yet redeem himself!
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X