No announcement yet.

Rising, Part 2 (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So ShadowMaat, what did you think of Atlantis? Taken away the sour taste of SG-1 Season 7?

EDIT: WHOOPS! Didn't see your post about 3 posts above! Disregard the question...
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

I can't believe the rating either. This is the highest rating yet. Good going Atlantis
      __

__

Comment

Initial ratings are always very nice, but people like shiny new things. The real question is what will the ratings be like from now on? Will it still pull in stellar numbers (pardon the pun) or will the audience gradually wander away in search of something newer and shinier?

Comment

Well, hopefully TPTB will be able to keep it shining with a little spit and polish.

I don't know, but I'm really looking forward to finding out where Atlantis will be going from here.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Newer and shinier? What...like UPN's upcoming Amish reality show?

I still believe that even the worst episode of Stargate...either Stargate...is better than practically everything else on television. Except for, maybe, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

yeah Daily Show!!!! But since they are quite different genres and show times, I highly doubt SGA will ever have to compete with The Daily Show.

:: thinks to himself :: he he he "Mess O' Potamia"

Comment

I said this in the other rising thread but no-one seems to be interested in posting there again..so,

did anyone else find it difficult to believe that Sam wouldn't be there? Or that there was no attempt to explain her absense?

I'm aware of the apparent legalities of having Sam and Teal'c on Atlantis..but still.. it's just wrong that, the world's foremost expert on the stargate wasn't there when they're opening a wormhole to another galaxy.

As a result I'm planning a fic about where she might have been

Comment

SPOILER SPACE

Yes, I find it a little diffcult to suspend disbelief as to why Sam wasn't there. I can completely understand the reason why neither her nor Teal'c were going to Atlantis, that's not a problem. I can understand that Teal'c didn't need to be involved with the whole departure process. However, I would think that Sam should have been there to help oversee the ZPM gate interface.

OTOH, it's possible to imagine Sam having helped out with the device used to interface the ZPM as well as some of the technical preparations and briefings for the Atlantis team. Then, for whatever reason, she was not present for the actual time of departure. Why, I don't know, but it is possible.

Comment

Perhaps she was busy working on something at Area 51?
                    spook

Comment

Gahh.. nope, I don't buy it. She's the World's Foremost Gate Expert. Where could she be that would be more important than something like the atlantis departure.

In going on 8 years, how many times has she been to area 51? And why would she need to go now...?

Comment

Please! Sam has been stuck in the field for too long. Earth's REAL foremost expert on the gate is Dr. McKay, and he was right there in the thick of things, as he should have been.

Comment

*sigh* I guess I can't argue that...

but wouldn't sam have more of a practical knowledge of the gate? mckay has more of a theoretical knowledge...

but i guess, all areas would benefit from a fresh perspective right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                            As a result I'm planning a fic about where she might have been
                            Oh, I bet you are!

Maybe she was just in the other room...with the legal department? Yeah, under normal circumstances she'd have been there. Oh well...
                            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                            once done, cannot be undone...
                            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I was actually really surprised about how much I loved Atlantis, it pretty much had me hooked right away. My worry was that they would try to make a show with cool effects and flashy villains without any real investment in the characters. Boy, was I wrong! The effects were great and so were the Wraith, but I´m also already attached to several of the characters. Sheppard, in particular, was a joy. And again, I was expecting to not like him, at all, but I do. A lot. Flanigan won me over almost immediately with his sense of wit and his likeability. McKay - also a surprise, considering what I thought about his attitude in "48 Hours". But here, he´s only a few steps behind Sheppard in the 'How do I love him, let me count the ways". Beckett and Ford also show great potential. Sadly, Weir hasn´t won me over yet (I liked Jessica Stein better) and neither has Teyla but that can all change.

And how much did I love seeing the Daniel and Jack-banter?! *sigh* Much.

"Jack, it´s not to late for me to...?"
                              "No."
                              "I could just grab my gear..."
                              "No."

Poor Daniel.

The Wraith were appropriately scary-looking and I really liked the red-headed one. Shame she was killed off so quickly.
                              Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                                The Wraith were appropriately scary-looking and I really liked the red-headed one. Shame she was killed off so quickly.
                                You never can tell maybe all the female Wraith have red hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X