No announcement yet.

Rising, Part 1 (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode is great they did such a good job with linking the 2 series.

MEET
    sigpic

Comment

I really liked the first part, even more than the second, more conventional... the discovering of the city is quite marvelous
      the discovering things are going bad though they were expecting something great! really liked the basic idea
      And at the end: the enormous moment: the city is rising of the see!

very good pilot
      Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

I love this episode; how we saw clips of the main characters background (family, friends). Representing the Ancients in the hologram, how they turned that into a long story, short just getting straight to the point. The theme in the background is awesome it creates an amazing feeling. The fact where in another galaxy, tells us god knows what at the other side of the gate so its so mysterious.

Comment

As I first saw the episodes I was sceptic about the new show. I liked beeing Daniel and O'Neill in it but the story wasn't really innovative but for people who doesn't know the Stargate it was good as an indroduction in that universe and actually a good introductionto the new show itself. I instantly loved the design.

I guess it's that I saw first the dubbed version so that really isn't that good to teh show.. I mena such things like "ZedPM" "what?" "ZPM, he's canadian" they translate to "ZBM" "What?" "ZPM, he lisp sometimes"... yeah.. right...
          anyway the set was so cool and I likd how Daniel reactedt, it wasn't "just to have them there" it was really believeable how Jack and Daniel acted there. So the "farewell" and introuctionn was very good. Only that when you know all teh stuf about ancients and such it's like "yeah..tell me something new" but that's not the fault of the episode. it has to to be for new audiences as well.

I didn't liek teh introduction to Shep, oh yeah let's take a troublemaker with us... oh and he flirts with the first female person he mets... James T Sheppard... But i guess they couldn't cast JF and NOT make him very charming and succsessful with women...
          Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
          Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
          If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
          "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

This episode was funny and I loved this episode very much and it was well written. Is one of my many favorite episodes from season one.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
            Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
            http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Anyone notice as soon as Sheppard arrives in Atlantis the city comes to life? I did not notice this at first but everywhere he went Atlantis recognised his gene. Funny and smart at the same time, innit?

Comment

yup. Several of those consoles seemed to pop to life the minute he touched/rushed by them.

Comment

WHAT HAPPENED WITH THIS SCENe???

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IT!!

PROBABLY THEY THINK: BETTER WITH SHEPPARD!!
                  sigpic
                  A proud Elizabeth and Carson fan.

She saved the city, now we have to save her.

Comment

The link is not that of an image.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...1_15.jpg.shtml

Oh yeah, this one. It's an outtake where Martin Wood told them to kiss each other...for fun.

Comment

I don´t know why can´t I put the photo.
                      I am referring to the photo that show a kiss between Weir and Sapner.
                      You can found it in here, in gate world.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah...I linked to it right there in my post.

You can't put in the photo because it's not a photo, but a regular webpage with a photo being its main feature; the URL ends in .shtml, not .jpg or .gif or any other image extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Yeah...I linked to it right there in my post.

You can't put in the photo because it's not a photo, but a regular webpage with a photo being its main feature; the URL ends in .shtml, not .jpg or .gif or any other image extensions.
                          Thanks for the information!
                          In the s.2 there is also an other photo between Rodny and Cadman.......
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Because the img tag must refer to the image itself... not the page that shows it.
                            Right click the picture on the page, "Copy Image Address" and use that one, like:

(it just happens to have the same name as the .html page that shows it without the html extention, but that's merely a coincidence.)

Comment

Indeed this scene isn't to be seen
                              It'd be supposedly after they come to Atlantis, (we see the atlantis gate behind), and before she puts her backpack down. Maybe it was intended to be there but later replaced by the champ bottle scene from Jack.

Comment

No...I'm pretty sure it was never intended to air.

Comment

Working...
                                X