No announcement yet.

Rising, Part 1 (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the frak??? Never saw that pic before, that's funny.

Her blurry fist looks like it's going to come up and punch him.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      What the frak??? Never saw that pic before, that's funny.

Her blurry fist looks like it's going to come up and punch him.
      Yea it does kind of look photoshopped.

Comment

No, it's real. One of the Atlantis DVD specials shows it.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          No, it's real. One of the Atlantis DVD specials shows it.
          Really? Which special? I'm not sure I've seen all of the season one bonus features.....

Comment

I think it was the Focus On (or whatever): Rainbow Sun Francks feature, where Rainbow was talking about going on set and being surprised by that kiss.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              I think it was the Focus On (or whatever): Rainbow Sun Francks feature, where Rainbow was talking about going on set and being surprised by that kiss.
              Ooh, will definitely check that out.

Comment

When I saw this ep... oh... I saw it in a movie not a two part. It was so surprising. The title just stuck out. Anyway this episode is great. Funny, sad, happy and a new discovery. So as Major Shepperd and General O'neill said in the Helicopter.

:Well that was new.
                :Yeah for me, not so much.

Comment

i saw it as a movie too

i just wanted to pop in here... just gave it a rewatch

i got to say i love love the first shows of atlantis...

i have watched it over and over again

i got it before i bought the season 1 discs and it wasn't playing here

so i probably watched this episode more then any other

Joe is fantastic in it and beckett nearly blasting him out of the sky ...

still some of my fav moments
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                  ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                  Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Beckett and McKay were great in Rising. Probably one of my favourite episodes, out of SG-1 and Atlantis put together!

"It Could Be Lunch Related"

Comment

Originally posted by Chaapaai993 View Post
                      Beckett and McKay were great in Rising. Probably one of my favourite episodes, out of SG-1 and Atlantis put together!

"It Could Be Lunch Related"
                      ehehehehhe i adore that!

and the 'how much more out there can we get'
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Total newbie here, just popping in to say hi. I just got season one, and I'm on the fifth episode. It's cool.

Late to the party Chrisisall
                        Late to the Gate

Comment

I'm watching this right now, I remember why I love this show so freaking much every time I do. I love how it introduces us to everything. Shepperd being clueless in the beginning is hilarious, this entire episode rocked. In my opinion! I also loved how Ford swooped in and Saved Shepperd ass!
                          Last edited by GATEGOD; 28 February 2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
                            I'm watching this right now, I remember why I love this show so freaking much every time I do.
                            I've watched it twice since i got it last month.

Agreeing Chrisisall
                            Late to the Gate

Comment

While carousing ebay for autographed stargate pictures and other merchandise, I saw someone selling an autographed script of "The Rising" with 10 signatures and an MGM COA. Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, Torri Higginson and more!
                              Too bad I have a pretty crummy job or I would have bought it, but I wanted to tell you all about it so a real fan ends up with it not someone that just wants to put it in a safe for future profit or something sad like that.
                              I made a snipurl of the link so the entire ebay link wouldn't be displayed here. If you happen to be a technology enthusiast like me that may not trust unkown links, you can search ebay for "stargate atlantis pilot script"
                              snipurl.com/2205b

Good luck and I know we all hope someone worthy ends up with this

Comment

Rising is the best episode ever.
                                I have the soundtrack for Stargate Atlantis, and 'Rising' is the best track on it. Joel Goldsmith is a genius with music.

This was such a great way to introduce the series, it had special significance for SG-1 fans and it's perfectally understandable for complete newcomers to the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X