Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex Discussion Thread (possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
    Ok in Progeny?
    Spoiler:
    That little twirly thing with the gun at the beginning is love! I thought it was cute, and it kind of showed a boyish, playful side that we haven't got to see yet. I hope TPTB explore something like that in the future!
    Spoiler:
    Twirling gun is love! Twirling gun is cool! He is a bit more relaxed now, yet still intense. Maybe he will stop pulling his gun on Shep all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
      *squee*

Spoiler:
      That was so cute I loved it OMG I just shouldnt even try to speak in this thread all I can manage is squeeing

But yeah I loved Ronon in this episode, and the part when they walked back into the Gateroom and they were stopped Ronon was the first with his gun out. Haha and

: I'm friendly
      : Is that set to stun??
      : *set to stun in a cool way*

Yeah I love Ronon
      HAA!!! That was perfect!!
      Purple's Biggest Fan
      A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

As happy as I am that you all seem to have enjoyed Sateda....and I personally thought it was Atlantis' best episode to date, I am very upset about the ratings drop. Anyone have any ideas as to why we're seeing this?

Jason Momoa has truly made Ronon an unforgetable character, and it seems each epside is giving us more insight into him and his personality. His interactions with the rest of his "team" are at times priceless, especially his relationship with Rodney and the close relationship and I believe mutual respect betweem him and Shep.

Over all, I think JM has made Ronon 3 dimensional and a very intricate part of Atlantis. Glad my first impressions of him proved to be right on the button. Hope we get a 4th season....and more Ronon. I believe the stories for Atlantis are just beginning. Well, here's hoping.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Don't take the rating system to heart too much Atlantis fans. Many clitches exsist, and they are not perfect. The system has flaws and sometimes things get blown way out of the water. Changing channels, or recording and not having the TV on....tons of reasons, not that ratings don't matter but even shows with great ratings fall into traps now and then. Keep watching SGA and don't stress too much over a dive now and then. The rating "Nelson" has many flaws!! Even the long loved show Friends had low ratings now and then....the system of ratings is far from perfect!! Just keep tunning in, supporting the show!!
          Purple's Biggest Fan
          A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Thanks for the pep talk, Blue. There are so many factors involved in determining ratings that it's mind-boggling. I think the current method should be updated to reflect the times. I'm just hoping that Sci-Fi doesn't think it could do without the Stargate shows. I haven't seen Eureka yet, but it's obvious that it's considered the golden child, however, I think it would be short-sighted for Sci-Fi to cancel SG-1/SGA under the assumption that Eureka would have the staying power of the Stargate franchise.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
              Thanks for the pep talk, Blue. There are so many factors involved in determining ratings that it's mind-boggling. I think the current method should be updated to reflect the times. I'm just hoping that Sci-Fi doesn't think it could do without the Stargate shows. I haven't seen Eureka yet, but it's obvious that it's considered the golden child, however, I think it would be short-sighted for Sci-Fi to cancel SG-1/SGA under the assumption that Eureka would have the staying power of the Stargate franchise.
              it's just so true about the rating system! I watched Eureka a tad but not my thing...lol, really looking forward to Friday SGA though!!
              Purple's Biggest Fan
              A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

As much as I enjoy looking at pics of JM, I'm surprised more people are not discussing the actual character of Ronon. I think the writers are doing an excellent job of giving us more insight into what exactly makes him tick, so to speak. I personally would like to see more interactions with Shep and McKay, as their reactions to Ronon differ so greatly.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I love the way the character is developing, and I hope we get at least another season to enjoy him.....and drool, of course.
                On fighting:

Comment

Actually, people are discussing Ronon, but most are doing so in the Episode threads. I've noticed that this seems to be the trend when discussing most of the characters. If you look around you'll see that most of the character-specific discussion threads aren't that active. This could be because many general posters either don't feel comfortable posting in character specific threads, or, because they just don't usually think about hanging out in the Characters and Relationships section. Or, it could be that they want to discuss all the characters in an episode and that's hard to do in character-specific threads without straying off topic.

Whatever the reason, the Season 3 section is the place to go for most character discussion. The best way to generate a bit of Ronon discussion in this thread is to bring up Ronon-related topics for discussions here.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana

Comment

Thanks for a well written and well thought out response. I would discuss the character of Ronon, but Sciffy's recent cancellation of Stargate, has put me off of anything Sci Fi. I love Atlantis and Jason, however, knowing Sciffy, Atlantis probably won't last past it's 4th season. I think Sciffy needs a swift boot......and you know where. Oh well, that's life.
                    On fighting:

Comment

No one wants to discuss Ronon? Why am I not surprised? oh well......JM, I was and always will be a fan.
                      On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        No one wants to discuss Ronon? Why am I not surprised? oh well......JM, I was and always will be a fan.
                        Sweetie, I have always been a fan! I have no idea what this weeks ep is about, but I'm sure something will prompt someone

Lovebar made by natz099
                        My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                          Sweetie, I have always been a fan! I have no idea what this weeks ep is about, but I'm sure something will prompt someone
                          And a very long line behind you SapphireJewelledQueen!! We just don't make it here very often....but always in his corner!! oh, and supporting SGA of course regardless if we get 4 years or 5 or 10 years!

Long Live Ronon Dex!!
                          Purple's Biggest Fan
                          A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

where are you Maxbo?? Thought you'd be here the last couple evenings??

What did you think of the shows so far this season Maxbo??
                            Purple's Biggest Fan
                            A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Blue, I'm here. I haven't been around must because I've been having trouble posting on this site at work and because I've been trying to digest what SG-1's Sci-Fi cancellation could mean for our SGA cast. I'm concerned, but all we can do is wait and see.

As for this season, so far I'm loving it. Yes, I have some nitpicks, but overall the writers seem to be making more of an effort to correct some of their Season 2 mistakes. One of those mistakes was having Ronon too much in the background and having him interact mostly with a only a few people (Teyla and Sheppard). This season they seem to be trying to make him more a part of the team. I loved him in Common Ground. Yes, he was super aggressive and I wouldn't have him any other way under the circumstances.

I have no major complaints about Ronon's role in the other Season 3 episodes and Sateda remains my favorite because it effectively used the overall team dynamics. Sateda proved that it's possible to write character specific episodes that doesn't leave the rest of the team with nothing to do. Unfortunately, TPTB didn't follow the Sateda model when writing The Real World, because I didn't get a team feeling at all from that episode and Ronon (and Teyla), especially, had almost nothing to do. Very disappointing.

Thankfully, Ronon was more prominently featured in Common Ground and I loved that he
                              Spoiler:
                              referred to Sheppard as his friend.
                              Great episode.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                                Thankfully, Ronon was more prominently featured in Common Ground and I loved that he
                                Spoiler:
                                referred to Sheppard as his friend.
                                Great episode.
                                I think that had to do
                                Spoiler:
                                with the events in Sedata. When they came after him.
                                I notice that he doesn't feel like an outsider and is more relaxed around those in Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X