Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl
    But can he scare a 12 going on 16 year old girl into doing her homework, I can't, not without a hissy fit on both sides
    Based on some of the pictures I've seen posted with an angry Zelenka I am betting that Zelenka could scare any teenager into doing just about anything. Course being the senstive type that he is he would probably feel guilty afterwards.

Whose Kevin the teenager?

Sounds like my daughter is just a bit older than yours, she is aghhh 14, help me! (smilie).
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk
      Based on some of the pictures I've seen posted with an angry Zelenka I am betting that Zelenka could scare any teenager into doing just about anything. Course being the senstive type that he is he would probably feel guilty afterwards.

Whose Kevin the teenager?

Sounds like my daughter is just a bit older than yours, she is aghhh 14, help me! (smilie).
      Kevin the Teenager was a character made famous by a comdiedian called Harry Enfield and he was sooooooooooo realistic, his catchphrase was "I HATE YOU!!!!!!" whenever his parents asked him to do something. he was all lank hair, baseball cap and attitude.
      This is all about Harry and his characters, http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/ar...66601360.shtml the pic is Kevin and his pal Perry, who is played by Kathy Burke

Comment

Kevin the Teenager was a character made famous by a comdiedian called Harry Enfield and he was sooooooooooo realistic, his catchphrase was "I HATE YOU!!!!!!" whenever his parents asked him to do something. he was all lank hair, baseball cap and attitude.
        Ah, Kevin. He is just how Zelenka's nephew will turn out, at least that's how Zelenka will see it, I think. Actually, all that talk of Zelenka's nephew surprised me, because up until then, I saw Zelenka as quite a fatherly figure...

It seems to me Zelenka must have been brought up prim and proper. (Allestian, how exactly does that work in Wigan, then? )

I'm sure this Zelenka father-ness has been discussed here before... how did it turn out, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Well prim and proper comes from a strict family background and great expectations from family members...not so fun.

Comment

You can tell from his acting LOL!!!

Comment

I think attitudes have changed over the years, I would NEVER talk to my mum the way Alex talks to me, not that she gets away with it, it's because kids don't get the 'thick ear' they deserve from society, they think they can do what the like and get away with it.

Anyway back to the plot. I think Zelenka had a fairly strict upbringing, toeing the party line so to speak, his parent bought him up to show one face to 'The Party' and another to show to the family, if that makes sense. I have this vision of his parents being rebels against the Soviets.

Comment

I think Zelenka had a fairly strict upbringing, toeing the party line so to speak, his parent bought him up to show one face to 'The Party' and another to show to the family, if that makes sense. I have this vision of his parents being rebels against the Soviets.
                Yes, good point. It would also explain a lot if he had a lot of 'expectations' upon him as well.

Seems like everything turns out OK, though

Now, as for these wild kids like mine... who knows how they'll turn out. There's a lot to be said for a thick ear! (Only kidding!)

Comment

How old are the Fi? I think the trouble start when they hit double figures, mine did, I wouldn't be without her tho but she's so much like me when I was that age it's scarey

Comment

I started when I hit double figures. Bullying didn't help much either. I started comfort eating and crying all the time...strange how nought changes.

Comment

It's tough being a teenager, I remember it well

Comment

3 more years and its over for me.

Comment

I remember when I was a teenager I would battle with my mother. She was the disciplinary parent. I guess in an odd twist of life, she passed away when I was 20 so I can't let anyone know if we would have continued to battle until today, almost 5 years later.

My advice is give it time and the child will eventually come around and embrace you.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                          Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian
                            You can tell from his acting LOL!!!

I'm cheating....

I've been having fun checking his website out and some of the stuff in his website. He's a very versitile actor, so cool, so very very cool.........
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Oh he's that alright

Comment

I used to have running battles with my dad, Mum reckoned it was because we were so alike in temperament, stubbon is a phrase that was often used and it's the same with me The Daughter she is exactly like me, so much so it's scary. The amount of times I've gone to tell her off for something and thought "Oh God she sounds so much like me at that age".

Comment

Working...
                                X