No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they dub Atlantis into Czech for their television broadcasts, does anyone think that Dr. Zelenka's quips should be translated into English or kept as Czech? If they're kept as Czech, then it would be a little strange when he's saying those odd things. OTOH, if they translate him into English then that would be at odds with his uniform (although I like the symmetry).

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
      When they dub Atlantis into Czech for their television broadcasts, does anyone think that Dr. Zelenka's quips should be translated into English or kept as Czech? If they're kept as Czech, then it would be a little strange when he's saying those odd things. OTOH, if they translate him into English then that would be at odds with his uniform (although I like the symmetry).
      I wouldn´bother about that. Even the broadcast of season 7 is a far future, so the Atlantis on our TV is a real sci-fi to us:-)
      btw: We asked D. Nykl whether he would cooperate on the czech dabing, if he was asked to. Waiting for the reply.

Comment

Five questions from Czech fans answered by David Nykl:

1. Who came up with Zelenka´s first name Radek? Were you involved in it?

No, I was´t. Martin Gero came to me on stage and told me I would finally have a first name.I don´t know where or how they got it.

2. What meal do you prefer with beer?

With beer? "Moravian bird". Or a good pizza.

3. Do you visit any webpages about Stargate Atlantis or Stargate SG-1? And what about your colleague actors?

Yes, I have a look what´s going on, from time to time...but not everywhere. I feel there are places I don´t even know about...it´s impossible to absorb everything. In fact, my colleagues told me about it.

4. Could you tell the Czech fans, how an ordinary filming day looks like?

We start early in the morning - sometimes at 6:00. I don´t live far from the studio, so I often go by bike. According to the plan, we are shooting from 12 to 16 hours sometimes. When I´m not shooting, I either read or play golf with Rainbow on Gamecube, or whatever. There are many dogs on the stage!

5. Are there any Slovaks, in the Atlantis?

Yes, there are. But I won´t tell you where!

Comment

blekablu: thanks for the translation. I'll add it to my first post if you don't mind of course with your credit :]
          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I love the idea of him going to the studio on his bike.
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

That's cool! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                I love the idea of him going to the studio on his bike.
                Ditto, and I think it's a very Zelenka thing to do, too. :-)

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Check the Briefing Room - Stargate News. . .new interview with David Nykl courtesy of Thor.

Pretty cool!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Zalenka Rules funniest sub character next to Beckett.
                    The thing in letters in pegausus was great. 'You didn't say anything classified did you ?'
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

6. Has anyone asked you where in fact the Czech Republic is?

Thank God no. The team on the stage is quite educated.

7. With your experience in SGA, would you take a title role in any sci-fi movie or series?

Absolutely!

8. I am interested in all those technical things, but the most I would like to know, whether those props are functional? Especially tha PDA which is showing everybody in the form of dots. Are the film-makers trying to make the things as functional as possible, or is it all done by computers?

The PDA is functional - the graphics that is there is done in the post-production.
                      Sometimes I have the Flash animation or other programs there.
                      We have several prop men, most of them being SysOp who run everything.

9. Are all the actors in Stargate as cheerful as we can see them in the Lowdowns and other Behind the scenes?

They are cheerful, they really are. However, I haven´t seen any Behind the scenes or lLowdown yet -- although I remember them shooting it last year.

10. Could you tell us something about the season 2 and the role of Zelenka in it?

In the very first episode, I will catch it. Uf. Guess from whom...

Comment

Originally posted by blekablu
                        10. Could you tell us something about the season 2 and the role of Zelenka in it?

In the very first episode, I will catch it. Uf. Guess from whom...

Hmmm... interesting... catch what?? As long as it's not death, I'm fine with it if it means more screen time for him.

Is there a link to you where you got this from?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                          Hmmm... interesting... catch what?? As long as it's not death, I'm fine with it if it means more screen time for him.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure how to translate it...he meant that someone would hit him in the face. Nothing serious i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh

ups, sorry, here is the link http://fanklub.sg1.cz/zf/zfs_view_qs.php?stat=3

Comment

Thanks blekablu again for those translations ;]

TO ALL: all Wuestion and answers are listed in the first post of this thread!
                              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I think Dr. Zelenka is a wonderful character. He seems like a very sweet man. I agree that he could be seen as an equal to Dr. McKay. Although, personally, Dr. McKay is slightly cuter.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                                Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X